Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 08:36 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times

Advertisements

What do you think of the faith of St Francis of Assissi, which was considered a "minority" mystical view in the Catholic church. But which was accepted by the Catholic church.

In this discussion Richard Rohr explains how people are leaving the church upon entering college and universities, and turning to atheism and agnosticism, but it is not because they are rejecting the true Christ. It's because they are rejecting the false majority doctrines which he says are missing the mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Azd93Luko
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 08:28 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think of the faith of St Francis of Assissi, which was considered a "minority" mystical view in the Catholic church. But which was accepted by the Catholic church.

In this discussion Richard Rohr explains how people are leaving the church upon entering college and universities, and turning to atheism and agnosticism, but it is not because they are rejecting the true Christ. It's because they are rejecting the false majority doctrines which he says are missing the mark.

Every trinity religion on earth is false. I truly believe there cant be a doubt whatsoever that the scholars know 100% for sure they teach lies. They cannot possibly not know.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:24 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:

AHA! Don't have time to look at the video at this moment, but in my theological study group, we are reading the book Care for Creation, which is about St. Francis of Assisi and his way of life and his connection to all of creation as a connection to God.

9780867168389 |

I'm about halfway through. As a person who loves the ocean and the woods and feels closest to God in those settings, it speaks to me.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:04 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
AHA! Don't have time to look at the video at this moment, but in my theological study group, we are reading the book Care for Creation, which is about St. Francis of Assisi and his way of life and his connection to all of creation as a connection to God.

I'm about halfway through. As a person who loves the ocean and the woods and feels closest to God in those settings, it speaks to me.
That's great. I am so happy to learn about St Francis and that his "heretical" beliefs (to Protestants) are accepted as orthodoxy by the Roman Catholic church. So very different from the kind of church I was raised in. I like the idea of the entire universe being the body of Christ.

And the word "Christ" has absolutely nothing to do with any religious faith or doctrine.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
That's great. I am so happy to learn about St Francis and that his "heretical" beliefs (to Protestants) are accepted as orthodoxy by the Roman Catholic church. So very different from the kind of church I was raised in. I like the idea of the entire universe being the body of Christ.

And the word "Christ" has absolutely nothing to do with any religious faith or doctrine.
I am Episcopalian. We're not the same as the other children.

Old 04-04-2017, 08:55 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:
I am Episcopalian. We're not the same as the other children.
I keep meaning to visit my local Episcopalian congregation. I think I could get along well with them.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I keep meaning to visit my local Episcopalian congregation. I think I could get along well with them.
I think so, too. While they stand and say the Nicene Creed every Sunday (which is strategically placed after the sermon just in case the priest says something that doesn't agree--I am not making this up), questioning, having a different opinion, etc., is OK. The Anglican communion overall is more about community and participation than "right belief".

Plus, I like ritual and history, so the combination of the ancient and contemporary thought works for me.

You've probably seen this before, but the No. 1 item is pretty accurate!

Robin William’s Top 10 Reasons To Be An Episcopalian | Christ Episcopal Church

Old 04-05-2017, 02:28 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
I think so, too. While they stand and say the Nicene Creed every Sunday (which is strategically placed after the sermon just in case the priest says something that doesn't agree--I am not making this up), questioning, having a different opinion, etc., is OK. The Anglican communion overall is more about community and participation than "right belief".

Plus, I like ritual and history, so the combination of the ancient and contemporary thought works for me.

Episcopalians tell practicing homosexuals--- you are saved
The bible says the opposite. Those teaching the opposite of what Jesus would teach are his opposite.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:30 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:

No, I'd never seen that. Funny though. So sad the way Robin Williams died.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
No, I'd never seen that. Funny though. So sad the way Robin Williams died.
I know. That's a celebrity death I truly felt sad over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity