Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 07:20 AM

1,100 posts, read 796,584 times

Advertisements

Whoever is out there, thinking about killing any one in the name of God or provoked enough to kill someone, Jesus has this to say.

John 16:1These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.3And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

What would Jesus have you do?

Matthew 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.........43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Jesus has set the example of longsuffering for us to serve as a pattern for those that would come to believe in Him, even the worst of all sinners.

1 Peter 2:19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

If you have knowledge of someone planning to kill people for whatever the reason, call the authorities now. If you cannot talk the others down by His words in the hopes that Jesus will deliver them from the devil having a grip on their anger, then call for help for that person or those people.

Ephesians 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:27 Neither give place to the devil.28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

May all those who are angry enough to kill, pray to Jesus Christ now for help & He will deliver you.

Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:31 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
yup.

there was no bible-weapon to abuse, oppress, or kill people back then. jesus would not only disprove of such nonsense but we would have a different type of paul's religion today.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:35 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times
When does anyone go around killing in God's name?

Old 03-04-2017, 03:20 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
When does anyone go around killing in God's name?
Oytz....

Seriously?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_violence

Old 03-04-2017, 06:23 PM

Wrong answer, try Radical ISLAM

Old 03-15-2017, 07:04 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times
There's Bible for defensive wars and self defense. In both cases the goal isn't to kill people but to stop the threat. BTW, for all those people claiming that there's no scripture for killing even in self defense, would you call the police if someone attacked you or your loved ones? If the police catches the assailant and have to shoot him for his or other's safety did you not made him sin by essentially commanding him to do your work?

Old 03-15-2017, 07:35 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Wrong answer, try Radical ISLAM
Radical Christianity has KILLED more people more often..

Old 03-15-2017, 07:40 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Evidence?

Old 03-15-2017, 07:56 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
There's Bible for defensive wars and self defense. In both cases the goal isn't to kill people but to stop the threat. BTW, for all those people claiming that there's no scripture for killing even in self defense, would you call the police if someone attacked you or your loved ones? If the police catches the assailant and have to shoot him for his or other's safety did you not made him sin by essentially commanding him to do your work?
While your version is one folded, I present an alternate solution. Apprehend the assailant without harm so he can face court charges. There is that option too. I do not accept this shoot to kill as a way to apprehend . I cannot be held accountable for an officer's judgement by using excessive or deadly force.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Today, or hundreds and thousands of years ago? I'm talking about today, and today it is Radical Islam, people who are stuck in the 7th century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity