Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 01:59 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times

Advertisements

SOME OF MY STRONGEST BELIEFS AFTER A SERIOUS WAKE-UP CALL
I am an 86 year old semi-retired Psychiatrist who passed out in the early morning some months ago. I was hospitalized, with the usual exam and tests during that first day, but later in the evening, I passed out with much vomiting and a massive blood loss. A gastro-digestive surgeon (Dr. Schmitz) was on call that evening and diagnosed an esophageal ulcer. He quickly repaired the rapidly bleeding ulcer.
When the surgery was completed, the surgeon told my family that if I had not already been in the hospital when the massive bleeding ocurred, I would likely have died.
When they told me about the serious wake-up call I was impressed that God had more work for me to do.

Moderator cut: This isn't the Politics forum.

In our day there are many people who say, "If you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and accept Him as your personal Savior, you are saved, and nothing you can do will cause you to lose that salvation.” But our Savior made it abundantly clear that His expectations were quite high for His TRUE DISCIPLES.
See the words of Jesus in Matt. 10:[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Jesus also said in Luke 14:[33] So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. And in Luke 17:[10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Then He said in John 14:[15] If ye love me, keep my commandments. See also Matt.10:[22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: BUT HE THAT ENDURETH TO THE END shall be saved.
We read about the words of the thief on the cross in Luke 23:[42] He said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. [43] And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

We read in Eph. 2:[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[We cannot boast of our natural good works, since Isaiah said in Isa. 64:[6] All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags.]
Jesus said in Luke 11:13] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit TO THEM THAT ASK HIM? [If we have truly repented and received the gift of the Holy Spirit, then that Spirit will bring forth fruits of righteousness.]
I believe that God would be greatly pleased if everyone on the face of the earth would be saved. See 2 Peter 3:[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any of them should perish.
To become a disciple of Christ, we must realize that EVERY PERSON over the age of accountability, who has not truly repented,IS A SINNER. Paul wrote in Galatians 5:19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. [24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. [25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
I understand that the scribes and pharasees in the days of Jesus had over 600 individual laws that they claimed to be following, but Jesus said in Matt. 22:37-40 that the law of righteousness was encompassed in the two GREAT COMMANDMENTS; to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and to love our neighbor as much as we love ourselves.
The Apostle Paul summarized this in Rom. 7:[6] But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
If we TRULY REPENT of our past sins and believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God we will inherit everlasting life. [But we must receive the Holy Spirit, which Jesus said our heavenly Father would surely give to every one who asks Him for it.]
See also Matt. 7:[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-01-2017 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Removing political remarks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 02:01 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
I am an 86 year old semi-retired Psychiatrist who passed out in the early morning some months ago. I was hospitalized, with the usual exam and tests during that first day, but later in the evening, I passed out with much vomiting and a massive blood loss. A gastro-digestive surgeon (Dr. Schmitz) was on call that evening and diagnosed an esophageal ulcer. He quickly repaired the rapidly bleeding ulcer.
When the surgery was completed, the surgeon told my family that if I had not already been in the hospital when the massive bleeding ocurred, I would likely have died.
When they told me about the serious wake-up call I was impressed that God had more work for me to do.

In our day there are many people who say, "If you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and accept Him as your personal Savior, you are saved, and nothing you can do will cause you to lose that salvation.” But our Savior made it abundantly clear that His expectations were quite high for His TRUE DISCIPLES.
See the words of Jesus in Matt. 10:[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Jesus also said in Luke 14:[33] So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. And in Luke 17:[10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. Then He said in John 14:[15] If ye love me, keep my commandments. See also Matt.10:[22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: BUT HE THAT ENDURETH TO THE END shall be saved.
We read about the words of the thief on the cross in Luke 23:[42] He said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. [43] And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

We read in Eph. 2:[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[We cannot boast of our natural good works, since Isaiah said in Isa. 64:[6] All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags.]
Jesus said in Luke 11:13] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit TO THEM THAT ASK HIM? [If we have truly repented and received the gift of the Holy Spirit, then that Spirit will bring forth fruits of righteousness.]
I believe that God would be greatly pleased if everyone on the face of the earth would be saved. See 2 Peter 3:[9] The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any of them should perish.
To become a disciple of Christ, we must realize that EVERY PERSON over the age of accountability, who has not truly repented,IS A SINNER. Paul wrote in Galatians 5:19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, [20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, [21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
[22] But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. [24] And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. [25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
I understand that the scribes and pharasees in the days of Jesus had over 600 individual laws that they claimed to be following, but Jesus said in Matt. 22:37-40 that the law of righteousness was encompassed in the two GREAT COMMANDMENTS; to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and to love our neighbor as much as we love ourselves.
The Apostle Paul summarized this in Rom. 7:[6] But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
If we TRULY REPENT of our past sins and believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God we will inherit everlasting life. [But we must receive the Holy Spirit, which Jesus said our heavenly Father would surely give to every one who asks Him for it.]
See also Matt. 7:[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
How Awesome our King is to speak to those that Love him.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-01-2017 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:01 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:

so you were saved from your cancer .. awesome...... after years of study I have concluded that what you says is true... but that there I also call degrees of
"being saved ". I mean there is those who are "saved as though by fire ", there are those who are saved at the "first resurrections" and those who seem to be saved maybe at "the second resurrection" . there are those who make it/ live too 1335 days. and the list of
kinds of "rewards" or "salvations" goes on and on .
now to me going through the 1335 days would not be any kind of salvation to me in my understanding of salvation .. but to the person who did repent after the revelations of his kingdom .. doesn't salvation depend on where your standing at? ..... so that would be an awesome
"salvation" /
"saved " because it seems it might get really ugly "outside" as opposed to "INsde " before it is over. and maybe he even has to die and his faith( a faith that saves ) comes in that he has to believe God will resurrect him .
because of verses like this.. 12Here is a call for the endurance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. 13And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, “Blessed are the dead — those who die in the Lord from this moment on.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “- they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them.” 14

And and then those who repented after must have faith in Him for a resurrection from that death as will all who are twinkling of an eye's changed for other purposes . or who go through the fire ( see enoch houses of the righteous ) must have faith that there is a new waiting body on the other side or waiting for him to come .

so we all have a pre conceived idea of what it means to be "saved" ! so I suspect that not only is there different kinds of "salvations" ," Deeds" and "overcoming" both asked and rewarded... I now think "Overcoming" is the real word needed to encompass all the forms of "salvation" Over sin and Over eternal death. and I don't think there is a ONE kind of "saved" but instead a zillion jobs he has for us to do and that we are being prepared to do and we are to be that job. or we can refuse I guess .
I just kind of chuckle at the concept of once saved always saved.. because I am not sure what they think they are getting saved from! what job/deed were they created for ? or has to be overcome and are they prepared for their jobs/rewards ? but we know his death and his blood saves us from Eternal death and that is what we have to remember most. that is the real salvation . not floating away to sit on a cloud.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-02-2017 at 07:35 PM..

Old 05-02-2017, 08:49 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Sounds as though you have been sick for a while and didn't know it. What do you mean by wake up call?

What kind of work does God want you to do?

Old 05-03-2017, 08:23 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
When the surgery was completed, the surgeon told my family that if I had not already been in the hospital when the massive bleeding ocurred,
I would likely have died.

In our day there are many people who say, "If you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and accept Him as your personal Savior, you are saved, and nothing you can do will cause you to lose that salvation.†But our Savior made it abundantly clear that His expectations were quite high for His TRUE DISCIPLES.

Looks like we have another believer who's happy jesus/god rejected them from heaven. amen

86 years old...... what would god want you to do that you didn't accomplish in your 86 years?

Old 05-03-2017, 09:24 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
so you were saved from your cancer ..
Oops it was an ulcer. I thought it was misspelled and you had had cancer and lived through it .. sorry I read it but I didn't read it right.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:57 PM

23,159 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:

So happy things worked out, NOW GET BACK IN THERE

The world aint seen the last of a Prince.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I just kind of chuckle at the concept of once saved always saved.. because I am not sure what they think they are getting saved from! what job/deed were th ey created for ? or has to be overcome and are they prepared for their jobs/rewards ? but we know his death and his blood saves us from Eternal death and that is what we have to remember most. that is the real salvation . not floating away to sit on a cloud.
This sums up that our belief in Jesus as the Son of God and to submit to His will first and foremost, letting His Spirit bring forth fruits of righteousness, letting His Spirit bring forth fruits of righteousness in and through us; then we can be assured of having eternal life.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
So happy things worked out, NOW GET BACK IN THERE:

The world aint seen the last of a Prince.
Thank you so much for your kind and gracious words.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:52 PM

23,159 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for your kind and gracious words.
Heck, I should be so lucky to make it to 70 bro, God must love you if you are 86 and still witnessing and finding purpose with God, I would have never even contradicted you if I had known I was speaking to somebody above 75.

I get so embarrassed when I act in pride, or think of myself as all knowing when I have just spoken to another poster, and then later I find out how old they are, I want to go back with tears and begging forgiveness, ESPECIALLY if it is a woman.

I keep trying to remember to treat every one as if they were my dear sweet grandmother and every time I forget this, I make an intolerable comment to somebody who deserves WAY MORE RESPECT because the elderly do deserve better than I give at times. If you were in Korea and a man of your age went to the market to get some milk, he would move in front of everyone in the line because they have that much respect for the elderly, and should some foreigner stand up and say,'' Hey Old man, you cut the line,'' the cashier would jump over the counter to hold you while everyone beat you down for talking like that to a senior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity