Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:08 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I but to control those who seek to subvert it.
and your trying to control who gets to decide this. right? I say God does and you and Zman,,say you do . I say YOU guys haven't earned the right to lead anyone anywhere and really no one will follow you anyway. not when it gets down to it and all that is reality is revealed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 11:29 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
The different ministries within a congregation do no constitute a "structure." Paul's description of the process beginning at about v 26 of 1 Cor 14 indicates anything BUT a structure. I'm not saying that structure is wrong, but thar NONE is mandated as such except that it NOT be a bedlam.

Quote:
I no more try to "control" people's thoughts than you do. I present the truth as I see it. I CAN"T control people's thought and I don't believe in withchraft. What I present is not complicated and not supporting any kind of esoteric "knowledge" or "study." "Lawlessness" is not about denial of laws, it is about denial of the commitment to community that is the BASIS for good law, just as good laws are there not to control the people who are committed to good community, but to control those who seek to subvert it.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:46 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
and your trying to control who gets to decide this. right? I say God does and you and Zman,,say you do . I say YOU guys haven't earned the right to lead anyone anywhere and really no one will follow you anyway. not when it gets down to it and all that is reality is revealed.
I only say that a civil society should not impose laws that are based on nothing but religious convictions. If they can't be shown to have good secular bases they don't belong on the books. If you call that trying to control who gets to decide the laws, you are only wrong in that I try to convince people that it should be so, not to control them.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:57 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
God at one time had made Israel a valid offer if they all accepted the Messiah He would make them a nation of Priests, middlemen that would then introduce the Gentiles to God. They of course rejected Him and after the cross in Acts 9 God (Jesus) turned from the Jews and went to the hated Gentiles with a NEW message of GRACE which had been hidden in the mind of God.

The free gift of grace went out to the world through Paul's gospel received from the risen Jesus and we have been in a time of grace for 2,000 years. The "body of Christ" was also revealed something not known in the OT. So when Paul established his little churches, which were really more Bible study with out a Bible......they were to simply grow the new converts in grace and knowledge to spread the word accurately. This is still the job of the church today, and one in which most have failed.

But anyone and everyone can be saved today without any denominational interference.......and as anti Christian sentiment continues to mount we will probably be seeing more of these home Bible studies in our country........

Old 06-02-2017, 12:03 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
I only say that a civil society should not impose laws that are based on nothing but religious convictions. If they can't be shown to have good secular bases they don't belong on the books. If you call that trying to control who gets to decide the laws, you are only wrong in that I try to convince people that it should be so, not to control them.
Amen. The idea that we should make human laws that have no other reason for existing other than someone's God doesn't like it is absurd. God can enforce His own laws. We are not God's enforcers. Our responsibility is to VOLUNTARILY comply with what we THINK our God wants, period. Human laws are societal matters decided by society and the requirements for an orderly society, nothing to do with God.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:12 AM

23,163 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Thoughts pro or con from the collective.......do you need a Priest for salvation today or can you deal direct with God?
Jesus is the priest between man and God, he went to officiate the priesthood in heaven so that every year on Rosh Hashanah, he will mark the heads of all those who follow in his footsteps.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Thoughts pro or con from the collective.......do you need a Priest for salvation today or can you deal direct with God?
you can deal directly with his spirit, but a wise person will take instruction from his elders and or mentors. these may or may not look like "pastors"/priests especially in large congregations. so a person who wishes to gain God's wisdom will submit themselves one to another in always laying our life as bare are we can to our brothers and sisters , is the best ideal... so the people who actually walk your Christian life out with.. if your not close to the pastor that isn't required.. but submitting ot your brothers and sisters is required , unless the Spirit calls you out for a time of training, fasting , praying etc. and that is usually just for a time.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:26 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
What? A priest, a pastor, a church to connect to your own Father?
I don't get it.
Then where does going bolding to God's throne fit in?
It's like going to mom to ask dad if I could get the car keys....I don't get that.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
you make a false statement.. there is no such thing as civility with out just law and that doesn't happen without God and his word.. you have stolen his laws and use this law and twist that law to justify your rebellion to Him. and then pretend that your twisted laws are civil. the billions of abortions prove this society is not "civil" it is murderous and treacherous to the innocent. so your premise is based on pure lies and false assumptions.... tell a lie often enough .. fools will believe it.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:23 PM

23,163 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
What? A priest, a pastor, a church to connect to your own Father?
I don't get it.
Then where does going bolding to God's throne fit in?
It's like going to mom to ask dad if I could get the car keys....I don't get that.
Coming boldly every year to the throne of Grace on Yom Kippur is done in the knowledge that you are sealed in your forehead and right hand when your name is spoken on Rosh Hashanah, Jesus officiates the priesthood and shows that you are sealed because you keep his ways, one can only come boldly to Yom Kippur when he is sealed in his forehead, and this is year by year, and every year a decision is made upon your head whether or not you will even live another year.

Every year, one comes boldly to the throne because as a Jew, he wraps his arm and his forehead in the knowledge of God's promise if you keep his Sabbaths and feasts and love his law. They wrap their arms and foreheads because they love his law and keep his commandments and so all of them come up boldly to the throne every single year, and every one of them knows it is done every single year, that your name will come up to the throne, and your name will be written in one of 3 books. Those who come up boldly in the knowledge of the promise of God, they come knowing the times and seasons of God, they come believing God when they have accepted God's ways and how Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur work.

Every year your name is called, and every year you are marked by what you keep, every one is marked in their forehead and right hand right now, but everyone does not keep Unleavened Bread.

{Just saying, that scripture is speaking of Yom Kippur}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity