Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 994 times

Advertisements

Hi guys.

I don't know where to post this, but the Lord has been laying it on my heart for the past few days to tell people about Jesus. This burden is so strong that I have felt sick and very desperate to reach out to others and tell them about Jesus. I asked my Pastor if there were any ministries I could do through my church to serve God, but all he said to me was that if there was anything, he'd let me know. God has been driving me to serve Him so bad that I don't think I can wait much longer for an answer from my Pastor, I am desperate here and I don't think he understands just how urgent it is to witness to the lost. People are dying and going to Hell. That is no laughing matter.

So I am going to write a post and witness to the lost on here...

Dear person much loved by the Lord,

Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners like you and me. Have you ever thought about what happens after you die? I have. It has brought me much anxiety thinking about it, because I know that this life does not last forever and one day, we all will die.

A lot of people today do not think about where they will spend eternity, and this thinking is a big mistake.

But what happens after death? The Bible is the only book that can tell us what happens to us after we die. God Himself wrote this great book; it is probably the most important book that was ever written.

Do you mind if I quote some Scriptures? Some people get offended when I quote the Bible, but I never do. Do you know why? Because I am a Christian and I believe that Jesus is my Saviour. The Bible says so. And with that being said, I will give you some Bible verses to help you and educate you.

So what happens after we die? The Bible teaches that man is a tripart being composed of spirit, soul, and a fleshly body. At death, our souls separate from our body and goes back to God to be judged by Him. God will judge everything we do in the body, whether good or bad.

But here is the bad news. You see, nobody is truly a good person. You see, only God is truly good.

Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever stolen anything? Have you ever hated anyone? If you have, then you have sinned. Killing others is also a sin, and yet you hear every day on the news that someone has murdered somebody else. Why? Because mankind are sinners and on their way to a burning Hell.

Rom 3:23 :
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Now that you know that no one is good in God's eyes, how do we then become good? How do we become vindicated before God? The Bible teaches that we need to have Jesus' righteousness but the only way to do that is to come to Him by faith:

Rom 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

So you see that you need to believe in your heart that God raised up Jesus from the dead, and you also need to confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

If you die without Christ, you will spend eternity in Hell. In our modern world today, people think that Hell is a place of never-ending parties and good times. They think that all of their friends will be there. But that is far from the truth. You would think that these people have never read the Bible, or that they have never taken it seriously.

The Bible teaches that Hell is a place of never-ending fire and torment, and my dear friend, that is not very much fun (this truth has scared a lot of people). It is a place of tears and no hope. It is darkness and loneliness. You won't be able to see anyone at all. It is eternal separation from God Himself. Since God is the Source of Joy and Happiness, that means that everything apart from Him is tears, sorrow, and no happiness. And that does not sound like very much fun at all, doesn't it?

So my dear friend, for your own eternal safety, I pray that you will accept Jesus Christ into your heart today, and make Him Lord over your life.

If you have done this, you need to find a Bible-believing church where you can grow in God's Word. And you also need to find out what God wants you to do with your life, so that you may serve Him.

Blessings,
Jacqueline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 03:25 PM

331 posts, read 316,207 times
From a fellow Christian: You have done your part to fulfill the Great Commission here. Now move on, or be prepared to be sucked into a vortex of negativity that will not benefit you or your walk with God. Re-post the same thing from time to time if you like, but move on each time you do. Those who have ears to hear will hear. Blessings to you.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:29 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte74 View Post
From a fellow Christian: You have done your part to fulfill the Great Commission here. Now move on, or be prepared to be sucked into a vortex of negativity that will not benefit you or your walk with God. Re-post the same thing from time to time if you like, but move on each time you do. Those who have ears to hear will hear. Blessings to you.

By all means, o.p., move on. You wouldn't want to risk reading a post that might cause you to reconsider what you have written, or even just to engage with others. Drop a load and retreat -- very Christ-like.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:33 PM

23,201 posts, read 10,481,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineDeane55 View Post
Hi guys.

I don't know where to post this, but the Lord has been laying it on my heart for the past few days to tell people about Jesus. This burden is so strong that I have felt sick and very desperate to reach out to others and tell them about Jesus. I asked my Pastor if there were any ministries I could do through my church to serve God, but all he said to me was that if there was anything, he'd let me know. God has been driving me to serve Him so bad that I don't think I can wait much longer for an answer from my Pastor, I am desperate here and I don't think he understands just how urgent it is to witness to the lost. People are dying and going to Hell. That is no laughing matter.

So I am going to write a post and witness to the lost on here...

Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners like you and me. Have you ever thought about what happens after you die? I have. It has brought me much anxiety thinking about it, because I know that this life does not last forever and one day, we all will die.

A lot of people today do not think about where they will spend eternity, and this thinking is a big mistake.

But what happens after death? The Bible is the only book that can tell us what happens to us after we die. God Himself wrote this great book; it is probably the most important book that was ever written.

Do you mind if I quote some Scriptures? Some people get offended when I quote the Bible, but I never do. Do you know why? Because I am a Christian and I believe that Jesus is my Saviour. The Bible says so. And with that being said, I will give you some Bible verses to help you and educate you.

So what happens after we die? The Bible teaches that man is a tripart being composed of spirit, soul, and a fleshly body. At death, our souls separate from our body and goes back to God to be judged by Him. God will judge everything we do in the body, whether good or bad.

But here is the bad news. You see, nobody is truly a good person. You see, only God is truly good.

Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever stolen anything? Have you ever hated anyone? If you have, then you have sinned. Killing others is also a sin, and yet you hear every day on the news that someone has murdered somebody else. Why? Because mankind are sinners and on their way to a burning Hell.

Now that you know that no one is good in God's eyes, how do we then become good? How do we become vindicated before God? The Bible teaches that we need to have Jesus' righteousness but the only way to do that is to come to Him by faith:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

So you see that you need to believe in your heart that God raised up Jesus from the dead, and you also need to confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

If you die without Christ, you will spend eternity in Hell. In our modern world today, people think that Hell is a place of never-ending parties and good times. They think that all of their friends will be there. But that is far from the truth. You would think that these people have never read the Bible, or that they have never taken it seriously.

The Bible teaches that Hell is a place of never-ending fire and torment, and my dear friend, that is not very much fun (this truth has scared a lot of people). It is a place of tears and no hope. It is darkness and loneliness. You won't be able to see anyone at all. It is eternal separation from God Himself. Since God is the Source of Joy and Happiness, that means that everything apart from Him is tears, sorrow, and no happiness. And that does not sound like very much fun at all, doesn't it?

So my dear friend, for your own eternal safety, I pray that you will accept Jesus Christ into your heart today, and make Him Lord over your life.

If you have done this, you need to find a Bible-believing church where you can grow in God's Word. And you also need to find out what God wants you to do with your life, so that you may serve Him.

Blessings,
Jacqueline

O, HI, It is so nice to see you here, thank you for coming, we have been waiting for you, patiently I might add.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:40 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,932,617 times
Bless you, Jacqueline! Praise the Lord Jesus for your faithfulness in spreading his gospel.

What Troglodyte says on here is mostly right though, there sadly is much negativity. An uplifting post such as yours is very refreshing to see. Those with ears to hear will hear the Lord calling them though. Trust in the Lord to bring all his work to completion. I hope that through your ministry the Holy Spirit will bring many to see the hope of salvation that is Jesus.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:46 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
welcome, now stick around an hear the TRUE story of Christ.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:56 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineDeane55 View Post

Why does it cause you much anxiety?

Quote:

How do you know this to be true?

Quote:
I think most people are only offended when people use bible quotes to brow-beat others with condemnation.

Quote:

Sincerely, you really should do some reading up on the doctrine of eternal hell. Plenty of information out there. Type "Christian Universalism" or "Universal Restoration" or "Universal Reconciliation" into a search engine. Just for a start, look at a KJV bible and concordance. Find the words (plural) which were translated as "hell". EDUCATE yourself.

Quote:

No, I don't.

Quote:

Actually, many people realize that there is no such thing as "Hell", not as a place of never-ending parties, nor as a place of eternal torment or separation from God. (If you believe the bible, even if one goes to Sheol [often mistranslated as "hell"], God is THERE. )

Quote:

Blessings,
Jacqueline

And, I hope for you, and for your peace of mind, that you will come to understand that the doctrine of hell which you are preaching is untrue. It makes God out to be a tyrannical, trifling monster.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:23 PM

WE should lighten up on the Newbie, 1st post and all, we should get to know her.

Far as I know, that might just be my 90 year old grandmamma, just say,'' Hey Jackie!''

Old 06-06-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Why does it cause you much anxiety?

How do you know this to be true?

I think most people are only offended when people use bible quotes to brow-beat others with condemnation.

Sincerely, you really should do some reading up on the doctrine of eternal hell. Plenty of information out there. Type "Christian Universalism" or "Universal Restoration" or "Universal Reconciliation" into a search engine. Just for a start, look at a KJV bible and concordance. Find the words (plural) which were translated as "hell". EDUCATE yourself.

No, I don't.

Actually, many people realize that there is no such thing as "Hell", not as a place of never-ending parties, nor as a place of eternal torment or separation from God. (If you believe the bible, even if one goes to Sheol [often mistranslated as "hell"], God is THERE. )

And, I hope for you, and for your peace of mind, that you will come to understand that the doctrine of hell which you are preaching is untrue. It makes God out to be a tyrannical, trifling monster.

If the woman reads and believes what she reads no matter what anyone else thinks, she has her own opinion and I commend her to be brave enough to stand on her own convictions, and what she is saying is just what she has been taught by every century of Christians who rejected the knowledge of Christ and his 7 feasts which use idioms of hell to relay messages about the harvests the followers of Christ walk in.

Should the Christian ever return to the truth in Christ where he is their Passover lamb, and the Sukkot Bull, then they will learn all the traditions and rituals and prayers with Jewish idioms that explain what fire really is, and it isn't speaking of literal fire, but the woman is not wrong at all.

Christianity is wrong, she is right.

Instead of educating people in the knowledge of Christ and his 7 missions on his appointed visitation days, people would rather try and prove Christ wrong, and they are wrong, not her.

She has a good opinion and she is brave enough to sound that opinion in a world that has taken political correctness to such a high level that people would put this woman in jail simply because she has an honest opinion.

What should be taught is the rain of Sukkot is spirit, not rain, and the fire that is never quenched is a seed that never received the rain, but when you throw out all the knowledge of Jesus, you have to try and prove him wrong instead of proving why he said what he said and what it meant in Jewish tradition and idioms concerning the 7 feasts of Jesus.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Hi, Jaqueline.

I don't believe what you believe. Which is fine because I don't believe what most people believe.

Which is also fine.

Your zeal reminds me of a newb at his/her first AA meeting. It's nice to hear your story. In time, you'll hear others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity