Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 09:46 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times

Advertisements

Or is there something of the reptile in us yet? The caveman's allegiance to the spear? A vestige of our time in the swamps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 01:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
We are a part of everything that ever was; from star dust to microbes to amoebas, to fish that learned to walk on land, to lemurs and our other primate cousins.

To deny our animal heritage is simply arrogance based on ignorance.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:43 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Aint that the Truth Trout

But overcoming the mind of a beast is what we are taught from cover to cover, that we are animals and the spirit of God has to be born in us that we can be something greater than an animal. The tabernacle was made from animal skins to show us that we are animals. The sin of the whole world is put on the head of an animal because we are all animals and following the mentality of animals.

The Beast Out of the Sea
1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. 3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Genesis
And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

When the head wound is healed, it just means that the spirit of the beast returns.

As far as the bible is concerned, we are always in a great struggle to overcome the nature of an animal BECAUSE we came from animals and we really are a part of all nature, the nature of the beast.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:11 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
I think it is about the process of making humans into the likeness of God through the spirit which is a seed in each of us.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
We are a part of everything that ever was;
From star dust to microbes to amoebas,
To fish that learned to walk on land,
To lemurs and our other primate cousins.
Poetic.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:59 PM

11,090 posts, read 7,149,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
A vestige of our time in the swamps?
What time in the swamps? I'm looking forward to hearing this!

Old 07-11-2017, 04:22 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Created originally - but born in the nature of fallen Adam.

"Marvel not that I say to you, 'You must be born again'."

Old 07-11-2017, 05:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Aint that the Truth Trout

But overcoming the mind of a beast is what we are taught from cover to cover, that we are animals and the spirit of God has to be born in us that we can be something greater than an animal. The tabernacle was made from animal skins to show us that we are animals. The sin of the whole world is put on the head of an animal because we are all animals and following the mentality of animals.

The Beast Out of the Sea
1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. 3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Genesis
And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

When the head wound is healed, it just means that the spirit of the beast returns.

As far as the bible is concerned, we are always in a great struggle to overcome the nature of an animal BECAUSE we came from animals and we really are a part of all nature, the nature of the beast.
In The Image And Likeness Of God?

The beast nature, insists on having its own way.

Old 07-11-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The beast nature, insists on having its own way.
And then the kindness of the spirit triumphs in the end. ...way in the end, maybe...

Old 07-11-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Or is there something of the reptile in us yet?
The caveman's allegiance to the spear?
A vestige of our time in the swamps?
Smoke much legal pot? I got a sense...or you are just a lover of images and adjectives.

Anyhoo, as we of Scandinavian descent say, when we realize that we have electrically charged cells
called neurons in our brains making up branches on, like, 'trees' of our thoughts ...and we
have 100 trillion 'trees' of thoughts....each 'tree' with 70,000 branches...we can get a different
concept of being made in God's Image...
all of this meaning we have 3,000,000 years of storage space for memory...aka, information.

This is more of what is meant ... being made in God's image, imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity