Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 07:07 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,367,375 times

Advertisements

Matthew 15:13 - "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots."

Before I came to believe in UR(universal reconciliation), I had to subconsciously (I think) get a grip on a so called loving God sentencing souls to eternal torment but that was the harsh truth I came to believe in.

I theorized these souls maybe were not breathed into life by God but the devil. Unable to EVER achieve salvation, they were thoroughly evil through and through. (Sociopaths?) But are most people like that?

The other thing I started to think was...if God doesn't forgive all these people when they die, why is He asking us to? Are they worthy of it or is this like giving pearls to swines?

I guess my question is, what is a plant not planted by God? Who are these people? Are they even people or is this just a reference to our fallen state but that doesn't make sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 07:39 AM

45,642 posts, read 27,260,958 times
The forgiveness aspect occurs because God forgave everyone in that He sacrificed His Son for the sins of everyone on the earth for all time. This BY ITSELF does not imply that everyone is saved. It simply means that the work for people to be saved is done.

Christ's death BY ITSELF does not save or change anyone. It is only when the Father plants His roots within a person that a person changes and is saved and Christ's death is applied to one's life. Everyone else are like weeds and will be uprooted.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:50 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,047,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Matthew 15:13 - "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots."

Before I came to believe in UR(universal reconciliation), I had to subconsciously (I think) get a grip on a so called loving God sentencing souls to eternal torment but that was the harsh truth I came to believe in.

I theorized these souls maybe were not breathed into life by God but the devil. Unable to EVER achieve salvation, they were thoroughly evil through and through. (Sociopaths?) But are most people like that?

The other thing I started to think was...if God doesn't forgive all these people when they die, why is He asking us to? Are they worthy of it or is this like giving pearls to swines?

I guess my question is, what is a plant not planted by God? Who are these people? Are they even people or is this just a reference to our fallen state but that doesn't make sense.
Do you believe you are better than God? Do you believe that God is unable or immoral for doing what he wants with his creation?

Old 08-16-2017, 08:26 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,410,437 times
Quote:

11*Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.
12*Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”
13*But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

Zero, I would say that there are three equivalent things in that passage.

Thoughts which defile a person.
The reason the Pharisees were offended.
The plants not planted by the Father

The Pharisees were offended because of their thoughts (which "defiled" them). So, it's those types of thoughts (plants) which were/are going to be uprooted.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:32 AM

1,196 posts, read 755,140 times
Quote:
:
Hi, what Jesus meant at Matt. 15:13 ,when he said “But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted upâ€. Was referring to MANY humans, especially those who calls themselves a Christian. We know this by what Jesus also said at Matt. 7:15-20,concerning bad trees and good trees, (“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them").

Many such false ministers are NOT of Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3) or Jesus, but of satan. Who's misleading MANY through their or satan's false teachings ,(2Cor. 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works). When the End actually hits, these will be “ rooted upâ€, or removed, in other words destroyed ,(Rev. 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever). The LOF represents total destruction).

As for God “sending the dead to “HELLâ€, MANY referring to a fiery place, he didn't! If only people would do research and stop believing what they were falsely taught. They would see how this false teaching indoctrinated into Christianity. Scriptures CLEARLY shows that “hell†which came from the Hebrew word Sheol and the Greek word Hades, only means a grave. MANY bible interpreters (by means of satan), replaced those two words, which rendered the true meaning, for a word which ALSO means the same. Yet is misleading, because it was used to frighten humans, maybe into doing right. Which backed fired and made God look like someone evil, satan is good at his tricks ,(Ephe. 6:11), when one doesn't do research.

I will shows what Jonah seen as “hellâ€,(Jonah 2:1,2 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice). He didn't mention seeing demons and fire, did he? He thought he would die there, in a since it would have been his grave.

See also Jesus said this at ,Matt.25:41 "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels"). Jesus here was referring to those not doing his Father's "WILL". But notice he spoke of a fire waiting for satan and his angels. Now!.. if hell was a fiery place, why would Jesus say what he did. IF... demons ALREADY live in fiery? Again, Jesus meant they will be destroyed. Every being in Heaven KNOWS, humans understand what fire does, DESTROYS!

And here (2Thes. 1:7-9 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels. In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power). in flaming fire, didn't mean Jesus would be in a hellfire, or that the wicked would be in one. It meant when Jesus come to destroy, he will be very angry or "hot as fire". It's like the old saying, “I'm on fireâ€, one didn't mean he was actually on fire did it? So The wicked will JUST be destroyed forever, hence “everlasting destructionâ€). If fire can burn something forever, that something would be forever burning. Jehovah God nor Jesus hates humans, even if they hated them. They would NEVER want to see ,(if it were true), the dead being “torturedâ€.

Now speaking of the dead, understand what a few scriptures say a “SOUL†was, ( Gen. 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul). And (Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls) ,do the dead get baptized)? How about ,(Ezek. 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die....),can the dead STILL sin? CLEARLY we can see that a “SOUL†is a LIVING BEING!

Which means there's NO “SOUL†that leaves a dead body, because the “SOUL†IS THE BODY", when it had the “Spirit†or “breath of lifeâ€. So it's like this... Jehovah and Jesus created Adam, just like a light bulb was created. The bulb would just be a bulb if it was NEVER used. But once one decides to use it, it gives off light. Adam if NOT for Jehovah God blowing life into him. Would be just like that bulb, just existing. That breath of life cause Adam to get up and move, become alive, thus he became a “living Soulâ€. When a “SOUL†dies, the “breath of life†or “SPRIRTâ€, returns back to the one who gave it, Jehovah God. We pay for our sins once we had died ,(Rom. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death...) .see also (Rom.6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin). Again NO ONE is burning in a “hellfire!

Old 08-16-2017, 09:01 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,418,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

11*Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth,
this defiles a man.

12*Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”
13*But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

Zero, I would say that there are three equivalent things in that passage.

Thoughts which defile a person.
The reason the Pharisees were offended.
The plants not planted by the Father

The Pharisees were offended because of their thoughts (which "defiled" them).
So, it's those types of thoughts (plants) which were/are going to be uprooted.
...which God did not plant.

Boy, did you save me time... Brilliant explanation.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:11 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,054,329 times
It's not the thought, it's the spirit behind the thought, as in, it's not the idol, it's the spirit behind the idol. The soul is like the womb of a woman; it will reproduce whatever seed (spirit) is planted in it. Matt. 13: while Adam SLEPT, the enemy came and PLANTED tares in the field (heart of man). Peace

Old 08-16-2017, 11:14 AM

45,642 posts, read 27,260,958 times
Plants are not symbolic of thoughts, but people.

God plants in order for the plant to bear fruit. Believers are called to bear fruit. John 15 - the Father is the vine dresser. He plants and prunes the vine in order for it to bear fruit.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:18 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,410,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It's not the thought, it's the spirit behind the thought, <snipped>
I agree. I think that's a given.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:30 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

The Pharisees were offended because of their thoughts (which "defiled" them). So, it's those types of thoughts (plants) which were/are going to be uprooted.
Two neighbors came before God and prayed for him to grant their hearts' desire. One was full of avarice, and the other - eaten up with envy. So, to correct them both and give them a greater understanding of their own thoughts, God granted that each might have whatever he wished for himself, but only on condition that his neighbor had twice as much. The Avaricious man prayed to have a room full of gold and silver. No sooner said than done; but all his joy was turned to grief when he found that his neighbor had two rooms full of the precious metals. Then, came the turn of the Envious man, who could not bear to think that his neighbor had any joy at all - so he prayed that he might have one of his own eyes put out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity