Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2017, 06:23 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,939,153 times

Advertisements

another day another psuedo christian cult. so what else is new?

Hundreds of British churches, including some of the UK’s largest congregations, have been warned against possible infiltration by a group accused of being a “cult” promoting “control and deception”.

The Church of England has issued a formal alert to almost 500 parishes in London about the activities of the group known as Parachristo.

The organisation, a registered charity, runs Bible study courses at an anonymous industrial unit under a Botox clinic and a personal training company in London Docklands.
But it is understood to be linked to a controversial South Korean group known as Shinchonji (SCJ) – or the “New Heaven and New Earth” church (NHNE) – whose founder Man-Hee Lee is referred to as God’s “advocate”.

It is claimed that some of those who become involved gradually withdraw from friends and family and actively lie about their real lives […]

A companion article, titled The Korean religious leader on a collision course with the Church of England notes:

Organisers insist Parachristo exists solely to help “understand the Bible more deeply”. […]

Former attendees of Parachristo study groups have claimed that existing members effectively pose as new students.

Shinchonji teaching documents seen by The Telegraph instructs these “maintainers” to “arouse curiosity” of newcomers and “try to be close to each other until the student relies on you fully”.

They are told to “take notes of the conversation with the student” and report back to the group leader.

SHINCHEONJI — CULT OF CHRISTIANITY

According to the SCJ, their leader – Manhee Lee – is the Messiah or the spokesperson of the Messiah (“Promised Pastor”).

Lee Man-Hee claims that Jesus appeared before him as a “bright heavenly figure.” Some see him as God’s “promised pastor” who holds the key to avoid impending judgement. Followers believe that Lee Man-Hee is the second coming of Jesus Christ. Reportedly the church teaches that Lee Man-Hee is the angel referred to in Revelation 22:16:

“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

The church also believes that Revelation 7:2 refers to South Korea (East) and to Lee Man-Hee (angel):

Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God.

According to the group’s promotional literature Lee Man-Hee is the only person who can testify to the mysteries of the Book of Revelation — which he claims already has been fulfilled. He is said to teach that the world has already ended, and that we are currently living in the afterlife.

Shincheonji denies the biblical teaching that people are saved by faith in Jesus Christ — and not by works.

The church denies the doctrine of the Trinity.

Shincheonji’s teachings contradict essential doctrines of the Christian faith, thus identifying the group as, theologically, a cult of Christianity.

Sociologically Shincheonji has many cult-like characteristics as well.

Shincheonji
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 06:31 AM

Freedom of Mind-Shinchonji (Shincheonji) Church of Jesus the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony (SCJ)

Members meet almost daily for recruiting and indoctrination sessions.

-There are many late-night meetings, and members are chronically sleep-deprived.
-Members practiced flag-waving maneuvers for months on end for a special Shinchonji "Olympiad" at the Seoul Olympic Stadium in September.
-South Korean observers characterize these rallies as eerily "North Korean" in their spirit of conformity and adulation.
-Educational and career goals are discouraged or abandoned.

-Man Hee Lee is supposedly the only one who has ever understood the Bible.

-Everyone else has been wrong, and all other churches and pastors are of the devil.
-Use deception and secrecy; they trick people into becoming involved, the name of the group is never mentioned
-Followers are not allowed to read Bible commentaries, and are not allowed to research information about the group.
-Verses are taken out of context in dizzying ways.
-Various front organizations, e.g. Mannam, supposedly a community volunteer group, deny their connection with Shinchonji (SCJ).
-Members are encouraged to lie to their families in various ways, e.g. claim they are backing off from the group when they are actually becoming more involved.
-More experienced members practice infiltration and disruption of established Korean churches.
-Korean Presbyterian churches are especially wary of SCJ.

Churches on alert of "dangerous cult" Shincheonji on takeover mission - NZ Herald

Churches in New Zealand are being warned of a South Korean-linked group accused of being a religious cult that infiltrates churches and uses "real deceit" to recruit members.

A Herald investigation has found that the group, Shincheonji, or the "New Heaven and New Earth" church, has set up a base in Auckland.

Members of the group, also known as Shincheonji Church of Jesus the Temple of the Tabernacle of the Testimony, or SCJ, believe its founder Lee Man-hee is the appointed successor of Jesus Christ.

A University of Auckland law student and former Shincheonji church attendee claimed members of the group helped his mate "escape his family" in Auckland and paid for his airfare to live with believers in Korea.

Another student also allegedly donated his entire year's university fees to the group after he was convinced that earthly education was of no use to him.

Police here said they were "gathering intel" about the group, and assessing threat and response.

Last November, the Church of England in the United Kingdom issued a formal alert to 500 parishes in London about its activities and called for vigilance.

The New Zealand Korean Churches Association, representing Korean Protestant churches, has been rolling out similar warnings to its member churches.

Spokesman Edward Moon said the association was planning to extend the alert to all other Christian denominations here.

A Shincheonji representative in Auckland did not respond to the Herald's request for comments.

Moon described Shincheonji as a "dangerous cult".

"They are extreme people...they can harm families, and cause serious problems in society and churches as well," Moon said.

"They send their people into the church, some try to get into positions of pastors, with the final aim of taking over the church."

Overseas reports claimed some who got involved with the group gradually withdrew from family and friends, and lied about their real lives.

"The cult has also helped many believers run away from home, cut ties with their families and (they have been) asked to give all their money to Shincheonji," Moon said.

"They're not only targeting Koreans but non-Koreans, including Europeans, Asians and Africans."

The Herald uncovered the secretive group's Auckland headquarters, which is based on the fourth floor of a commercial building in Grafton.

It had two rooms, one a classroom for Bible studies and the other a worship room where only the "purified" could enter, we were told.

The double door entrance, with a large Shincheonji emblem, marks the entrance to the worship room.

Inside, an altar stands against a backdrop of a blue sky with clouds, rainbow and sun.

A member who gave his name as Jack Yoon confirmed the property was used for Shincheonji activities, but declined to be interviewed.

Last edited by Meester-Chung; 08-14-2017 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 08-14-2017, 09:10 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
After reading the first post only, I find it incredible that anyone would take a second look at this place, much less join it. It really is astounding the lengths people will go to. Peace

Old 08-14-2017, 11:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
After reading the first post only, I find it incredible that anyone would take a second look at this place, much less join it. It really is astounding the lengths people will go to. Peace

Old 08-14-2017, 11:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

I know, right!

Cult, meet Cult and Cult, meet Cult ... etc.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:10 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I know, right!

Cult, meet Cult and Cult, meet Cult ... etc.

Funny....I always thought a cult had to have members.... I stand alone with Him.

Except for you Beloved, of course.... I know as a faithful husband-man of the vine, you'll always have my back, right? PUT DOWN THAT KNIFE, Darling. Peace

Old 09-05-2017, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,855 times
I am the former member of the SJC. I was trained and indoctrinated with the load language. Honestly, I had experienced a very painful journey both physically and spiritually. I could confirm that this church is the real destructive cult. It's operation is like the Unitification Church or the Moonies in the USA. Don't join the group or let your relatives and friends join the group. I am happy to share my personal experience about this group if you are keen: [email]tit4tat2017@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 09-06-2017, 04:45 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
another day another psuedo christian cult. so what else is new?
I'll bet that was said countless times 2000 years ago. LOL

Old 09-09-2017, 07:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11K8R8kmwtM

Another Korean based cult named Providence

Old 09-09-2017, 08:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Meester-Chung are you an administrator of a cult?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity