Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 07:53 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times

Advertisements

Satan has an easy job getting the vast number of unlearned "scholars" to twist scripture these days. Same as in the old days.

And count lthe patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. oThere are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable TWIST to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 09:44 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Who is saying that they have inherited lies ?...
Well, you have asked a good question here, but again with no follow up. The point is that it was NOT the Jews who said that they had been lied to, but people from other nations. How hard is that?

Old 10-05-2017, 09:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Satan has an easy job getting the vast number of unlearned "scholars" to twist scripture these days. Same as in the old days.

And count lthe patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. oThere are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable TWIST to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. 1
In Christianity, Satan is an enemy of G-d, an opposing force, and something very bad. In Christianity, Satan has a level of power that is considered almost equal to that of G-d. In the Christian bible (2 Corinthians 4:3-4), Satan is called the god of this world. However, in Judaism Satan is an agent of G-d, created by G-d for a specific purpose, and something very good. Satan is simply an agent of G-d, just as all the other angels are simply agents of G-d. This is why we frequently see passages where the author appears to interchange G-d and an angel (leading to the often erroneous Christian concept of a christophony). - Ask the Rabbi, JewishAnswers.org » The Jewish View of Satan

Old 10-05-2017, 09:53 AM

The book of Job grapples with the difficult question of why God allows evil in the world. It is the only book in the Hebrew Bible that mentions "satan" as a sentient being. The idea of satan as a being with dominion over a metaphysical realm never caught on in Judaism.

Satan appears as a proper being only twice in the whole of the Hebrew Bible, in the Book of Job and in the book of Zechariah (3:1–2). In both of these instances, the term that appears is ha'satan, with ha being the definite article "the." This is meant to show that the terminology is referring to a being.

OTHER REFERENCES TO SATAN IN TANAKH
There are eight other references to satan in the Hebrew canon, including two that use the terminology as a verb and the rest that use the term to refer to an "adversary" or "hindrance."

Verb form:

Numbers 22:22 = an angel of the lord is sent "to satan" Balaam, meaning to thwart him on his journey
Numbers 22:32 = again used as a verb, meaning "to thwart" Balaam
Noun form:

1 Samuel 29:4 = refers to David becoming "an adversary" against the Philistines in war
2 Samuel 19:23 = refers to the sons of Zeruiah becoming a "hindrance" to David
1 Kings 5:18 = Solomon writes to Hiram reporting that there are no "adversaries"
1 Kings 11:14 = "And the Lord raised up an 'adversary' against Solomon, Hadad, the Edomite; he was of the royal lineage in Edom."
1 Kings 11:23 = "And God raised up against (David) an 'adversary,' Rezon, the son of Eliada, who had fled from Hadadezer, the king of Zobah, his master."
1 Kings 11:25 = "And (Rezon) was an 'adversary' to Israel all of Solomon's days with the evil that was caused by Hadad, and he detested Israel and ruled over Aram."
Psalm 109:6 = "Set a wicked man over him, and let an 'adversary' stand at his right hand."

- https://www.thoughtco.com/jewish-view-of-satan-2076775

Old 10-05-2017, 10:04 AM

Christian View

In Christian belief, Satan is a fallen angel that has freedom of choice and rebels against God. Christians conveniently use the “Satan, to explain any evil or irrational behavior (such as non belief in Jesus as messiah or god). The New Testament is fertile ground for this outlook. It is only here that Satan becomes a wicked, rebellious angel, which quite likely evolved the character called Satan into an evil angel and enemy of God based on theological Persian dualism where such a construct is present.

Jewish View

He (Satan) is clearly subordinate to God, a member of His suite (Heb. Bene ha-elokim), who is unable to act without his permission. Nowhere is he in any sense a rival of God.

- The Jewish View of Satan | Jews For Judaism

Old 10-05-2017, 10:06 AM

Christian View

In Christian belief, Satan is a fallen angel that has freedom of choice and rebels against God. Christians conveniently use the “Satan, to explain any evil or irrational behavior (such as non belief in Jesus as messiah or god). The New Testament is fertile ground for this outlook. It is only here that Satan becomes a wicked, rebellious angel, which quite likely evolved the character called Satan into an evil angel and enemy of God based on theological Persian dualism where such a construct is present.

Jewish View

He (Satan) is clearly subordinate to God, a member of His suite (Heb. Bene ha-elokim), who is unable to act without his permission. Nowhere is he in any sense a rival of God.

The Encyclopedia Judaica

The Christian claim that it was Satan who created evil is utterly fraudulent according to our Tanach:

I (God) form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

God creates all things, not simply good things.

There isn’t a single verse in the entire Tanach that states that Satan ever created evil or ever disobeyed a command from God. Satan is an obedient servant of God in the Tanach who serves the role of man’s accuser in God’s court. - The Jewish View of Satan | Jews For Judaism

Old 10-05-2017, 10:18 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Christian View

Jewish View

The Encyclopedia Judaica

The Christian claim that it was Satan who created evil is utterly fraudulent according to our Tanach:

I (God) form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

God creates all things, not simply good things.

There isn’t a single verse in the entire Tanach that states that Satan ever created evil or ever disobeyed a command from God. Satan is an obedient servant of God in the Tanach who serves the role of man’s accuser in God’s court. - The Jewish View of Satan | Jews For Judaism
You are showing desperation for an obvious reason.
satan has been seen.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:42 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
You are showing desperation for an obvious reason.
satan has been seen.
Sometimes I go out, but I am with Richard, I don't see the Christian Satan as Christians, if the disciples were handed over to Satan because Satan asked of the Lord, and Satan did a job by sifting them as wheat in order to refine them THROUGH the wheat harvest, then what has Satan accomplished and why does the Lord speak to him and fulfill his requests? Why is Satan able to walk amongst the sons of God in the kingdom of God?

Old 10-05-2017, 10:50 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Sometimes I go out, but I am with Richard, I don't see the Christian Satan as Christians, if the disciples were handed over to Satan because Satan asked of the Lord, and Satan did a job by sifting them as wheat in order to refine them THROUGH the wheat harvest, then what has Satan accomplished and why does the Lord speak to him and fulfill his requests? Why is Satan able to walk amongst the sons of God in the kingdom of God?
He doesnt.
He is in cursed form on Earth.
Never given the right to speak except for short time.

Till you know when

Old 10-05-2017, 12:14 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
I am not real sure about anything, just my opinions, I just know that Satan is a part of what I am, and when I act out in the spirit and deeds of Satan, I prove that I am his son by my own hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity