Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 10:32 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times

Advertisements

Jeremiah 16:19-21 World English Bible (WEB)

19 Yahweh, my strength, and my stronghold, and my refuge in the day of affliction, to you shall the nations come from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Our fathers have inherited nothing but lies, vanity and things in which there is no profit. 20 Shall a man make to himself gods, which yet are no gods? 21 Therefore behold, I will cause them to know, this once will I cause them to know my hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is Yahweh.

Every time I hear a Messianic, SDA, or Hebrew Roots Movement always quote this verse stating we have been passed down lies from our fore fathers, in rereads to anything from the name, Sabbaths, the law, rapture, tithe, baptist, etc, and why their movement is correct when they discovered the truth and why modern day Christianity is wrong.

If this is really true, why would God allow his word to be corrupted or for lies to be purposely passed down regarding anything about him, since the word was inspired by the Holy Spirit and is supposed to be a vital part of our lives and then passed down, only for his followers to fight over it and start religion after religion when they think they discover errors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 11:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post

19 Yahweh, my strength, and my stronghold, and my refuge in the day of affliction, to you shall the nations come from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Our fathers have inherited nothing but lies, vanity and things in which there is no profit. 20 Shall a man make to himself gods, which yet are no gods? 21 Therefore behold, I will cause them to know, this once will I cause them to know my hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is Yahweh.

Every time I hear a Messianic, SDA, or Hebrew Roots Movement always quote this verse stating we have been passed down lies from our fore fathers, in rereads to anything from the name, Sabbaths, the law, rapture, tithe, baptist, etc, and why their movement is correct when they discovered the truth and why modern day Christianity is wrong.

If this is really true, why would God allow his word to be corrupted or for lies to be purposely passed down regarding anything about him, since the word was inspired by the Holy Spirit and is supposed to be a vital part of our lives and then passed down, only for his followers to fight over it and start religion after religion when they think they discover errors?
I've never heard that verse quoted. The verse does not suggest God's word can become corrupted.

It's talking about people that had not been following Yahweh. They believed lies told to them by their forefathers.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:36 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:

Who is saying that they have inherited lies ?...

Old 10-04-2017, 11:41 AM

Yirmiyahu - Jeremiah - Chapter 16

19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Rashi:

and my refuge: (mon vantement in French), my boast. And Menahem (Machbereth p. 123) classified it as an expression of a wonder. Cf. (Psalms 60:6) “You have given those who fear You a wonder to be wondrous (נֵס לְהִתְנוֹסֵס).”

to You nations will come: Eventually, the heathens will come to you and worship You of one accord, and they will say, “How did they make gods for themselves, and they are no gods?”

from the ends of: Like מִקְצֵה, from the end of.

handed down: an expression of an inheritance.

avail: an expression of use (תּוֹעֶלֶת).

20 Can a man make gods for himself, and they are no gods?"

Old 10-04-2017, 11:43 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Christianity had to follow in the exact ways of the ten lost tribes, Gentiles are only grafted through Ephraim, the ten lost tribes. Jeremiah is addressing paganism and how Israel built Dan and Bethel just like they built that Golden calf and went back to their paganism, and this is why Jeremiah is talking about the gods they made for themselves, and the sin of the house of Israel was so great that it almost brought Judah down.

But you can't put the ten tribes with Judah, the house of Israel is not the house of Judah. The house of Israel was a separate nation against Judah, and they kept Christmas and Easter just as Christians do today. The ten tribes of Ephraim call the Torah a strange thing and they adopted the Babylonian holy days for a very good reason, and this was the same reason that Constantine changed the Holy days.

Jeroboam's Idolatry
25Then Jeroboam built Shechem in the hill country of Ephraim, and lived there. And he went out from there and built Penuel. 26Jeroboam said in his heart, "Now the kingdom will return to the house of David. 27"If this people go up to offer sacrifices in the house of the LORD at Jerusalem, then the heart of this people will return to their lord, even to Rehoboam king of Judah; and they will kill me and return to Rehoboam king of Judah."…

Put yourself in Jeroboam's shoes, here Jeroboam was given ten tribes to rule his own kingdom, and he would be king of the house of Israel which was against the house of Judah.

So you are the new king of Israel and you are ruling beside Judah, the Jews. The Jews in Judea went up to Jerusalem to keep the feasts of the Lord, but Jeroboam knew that if he let his people keep the feasts of the Lord at Jerusalem, he would certainly lose his kingdom, and so he went against the law and led his people in in the same Paganism that Christianity is keeping today.

All of Rome was becoming Christian, and Rome could not let this happen for obvious reasons, if Rome let it's people go up to Jerusalem to keep the feasts of Jesus, it would not be long before Jerusalem became the Holy Capitol city, and the whole world would have reverted to the authority of the priests of Judaism, and so Rome had to stop this.

Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years, but nobody wants to admit this fact, and the way it is presented, one would think that Jesus came glorifying the Babylonian Messiah named Tammuz.

Revelation is so much about Tammuz, the Babylonian Messiah that it goes out of it's way to show you how Christians were worshipping the Babylonian Messiah and calling him Jesus.

Where you find the name Tammuz, you will also find the 666, the date changes at 6 p.m. with the sacrifice, and where you find the name of Tammuz, the Babylonian Messiah, you are shown people coming up to the temple keeping the winter solstice and Easter, and all the ones who are mourning over these abominations are sealed in their forehead with protection.

The laws of Moses state that if you keep the Sabbaths and feasts of God, God will seal you in your forehead and right hand with protection against the judgment of Yom Kippur.

The Gentile has always been invited to join Israel to share in the inheritance of Israel and it is real simple, but the ten tribes wouldn't even do this, and neither would Christianity.

Isaiah 56

Salvation for Others
1This is what the Lord says:
“Maintain justice
and do what is right,
for my salvation is close at hand
and my righteousness will soon be revealed.
2Blessed is the one who does this—
the person who holds it fast,
who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it,
and keeps their hands from doing any evil.”

3Let no foreigner who is bound to the Lord say,
“The Lord will surely exclude me from his people.”
And let no eunuch complain,
“I am only a dry tree.”

4For this is what the Lord says:
“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose what pleases me
and hold fast to my covenant—
5to them I will give within my temple and its walls
a memorial and a name
better than sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name
that will endure forever.
6And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord
to minister to him,
to love the name of the Lord,
and to be his servants,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant—
7these I will bring to my holy mountain
and give them joy in my house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called
a house of prayer for all nations.”
8The Sovereign Lord declares—
he who gathers the exiles of Israel:
“I will gather still others to them
besides those already gathered.”

Learning the history of the two nations of Israel is a very vital part of learning who God is, and who you are.

In Romans, Paul is explaining that he is not a Jew, Paul is explaining that he was a part of the 7000 reserved in the house of Israel, NOT THE HOUSE OF JUDAH.

People read Romans thinking of Jews when it isn't speaking of Jews. Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin but he was from the Northern kingdom of Israel, not the southern. The Northern kingdom of Israel was ended by God because they took on Babylonian Holy days just as Christians do, the same holy days, and just as Christians call the Torah a strange thing, they are just following the lead of the ten tribes.

The drunkards of Ephraim REELING on the new wine, these ten tribes of Israel claimed they had the Holy spirit and they were drunk on the spirit just as it is found in Christianity, they called the Torah a strange thing and they became known as the prodigal nation where God said that he would not be their God, and they would not be his people. In fact, the parable of the prodigal son is just showing you the literal history of the prodigal nation, the son who stayed home is Judah, Judah has never left God as the ten tribes left God, and as Gentile Christians left God and the covenant.

In every generation there is 7000 reserved from the ten tribes, and when Jesus brought a covenant for ONLY Ephraim and Judah, Ephraim had been lost for 700 years, but just as Hosea 2 prophesied, Gentiles would be offered a betrothal to be redeemed into Israel through the marriage to a Jew.

For 100 years Gentiles came converting to Judaism and becoming one with Jews in a covenant that made the two, ONE.

But then the Gentiles converted to the religion of Babylon, and the Messiah named Tammuz, and they took on all the holy days of Tammuz, and made the holy days of Jesus illegal under punishment of torture and death.

These new pagan Gentiles would set into killing any Gentile who tried to join the covenant of Jesus by making the ways of Jesus illegal, the ways of the God of Israel, ILLEGAL.

For 2000 years Christians have been persecuting and killing anyone who kept the commandments of God, and the Jews have been the only ones in the covenant with God, and Christianity made sure of this.

There have been no Gentiles converting to the ways of Christ that they should come under the covenant God made with Ephraim and Judah, Gentiles are only grafted through the ten lost tribes of Ephraim but before they can be adopted, they have to come back in repentance of disrespecting the Torah and taking on Pagan holy days, traditions, and rituals.

The Holy days, traditions and rituals of Christianity have been the main vehicle used in anti-Semitism, anti-Christ, anti God.

If you kept the holy days of Jesus, you stuck out like a sore thumb and you would not live.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:06 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,333,122 times
Quote:

well, as you probably already know Jesus said stuff like this:

"...you shall KNOW the truth and the truth shall set you free." (John 8:32).

"...the Advocate, the Holy Spirit Whom the Father will send in My Name will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have taught you (John 14:26)

"...I will ask the Father and He will send you another Advocate to be with you forever, the Spirit of Truth...Who will guide you into ALL truth" (John 14:16-17).

think many Christians believe that the Holy Spirit in some manner protects the Chistian Church from error---that people individually and collectively fall into error is a sad part of our fallen human nature, our limited knowledge and comprehension of so many things, and our FREE WILL to make moral and sometimes immoral choices making it all too easy to NOT listen to the Holy Spirit or misunderstand or even reject His counsel (even through apparently what seems the best intentions) and that starts the ball rolling for all the bad and sad things you mention.

even with Israel the original Chosen People God had constant trouble with their hard hearts and stiff necks that made it all too easy to ignore/disobey the Law and even persecute some of those Prophets who came to remind the Jews of their Covenant with the Lord, the Most High---yet God continued to love and guide them for all their faults even in the fullness of time sending His only-begotten Son to preach the fullness of salvation to them and to all the world and ultimately offer His life for their sins.

it's well to remember that even Jesus' closest disciples personally selected and taught by Him often misunderstood and doubted Him and when He was arrested after being betrayed by one the rest deserted and denied Him. in fact, many of His followers had left Him even before when they could not accept some of His "hard sayings" and so "walked no more with Him".

similar struggles and divisions have happened throughout the history of the Christian faith from the very start right up to now because while the Church and the faith it professes is Divinely established it's personnel are all too humanly liable to fall and fail BUT just as with His original disciples, a merciful and loving Jesus through the Holy Spirit continues to strive to guide and strengthen Christians in their belief and practice, bring those who have fallen and failed BACK into His fold, AND continue to welcome NEW sheep into His loving care.

in the peace of Christ Who indeed wants us all to know, love, and live His truth and Who we pray will heal our sad divisions by His grace so that some blessed day we all may be able to finally and fully confess, "....one body, one Spirit...one Lord, one faith, one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5)

Last edited by georgeinbandonoregon; 10-04-2017 at 01:08 PM..

Old 10-04-2017, 12:13 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:

When you hear of Hebrew roots or the word,'' Messianic,'' you should think to yourself,'' O, That's those crazy people who actually believe in the God of Israel and his ways, they actually love his laws, and they literally believe what Jesus said, they are the ones who defend God day and night against people who would stand against everything that is called of God of that is worshipped.''

Some Christians are so against God that they will do anything to bring God down, to bring his ways down.

One might think that such enemies would be from other religions, but the greatest enemies of God are those people who come up to the Temple of God and stand against his ways, his commandments, his precepts, his judgments, and his son, ALL THE WHILE CLAIMING TO BE OF ISRAEL.

Messiah only brings a covenant for Ephraim and Judah and it doesn't matter how many millions of people are claiming an inheritance in Israel under these two names, millions make false claims every day that they are in a covenant with Jesus when they are not.

HERE ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THE COVENANT WITH MESSIAH, JUDAH AND EPHRAIM, AND WE KNOW WHO JUDAH AND EPHRAIM ARE BECAUSE THEY LOVE THE TORAH, THEY LOVE GOD'S PRECEPTS, HIS JUDGMENTS AND HIS PEOPLE. HERE ARE THE GENTILES OF EPHRAIM THAT BECOMES ONE WITH JUDAH WHEN MESSIAH BRINGS A COVENANT FOR EPHRAIM AND JUDAH.

If you don't love the laws of God, If you don't love and keep the feasts of Messiah and God's Sabbaths, THEN WHY ARE YOU CLAIMING TO BE IN A COVENANT WITH MESSIAH?

EZEKIEL
One Nation with One King
15The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, 16Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. 18And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? 19Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. 20And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: 23Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

WE DON'T HAVE TO WONDER WHO EPHRAIM AND JUDAH IS BECAUSE THEY LOVE THE LORD, THEY LOVE THE WORD OF GOD, THEY LOVE THE WAYS OF GOD AND THEY KEEP THE WAYS OF GOD, BUT WHAT DOES JESUS SAY?

JESUS AGREES WITH EVERYTHING I AM SAYING, EPHRAIM AND JUDAH ARE THE ONLY ONES IN THE COVENANT AND WE KNOW WHO THEY ARE BECAUSE OF THEIR LOVE FOR THE GOD OF ISRAEL AND HIS WAYS.

Jesus Fulfills the Law
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Anger and Reconciliation
(Luke 12:57-59)

21Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: 22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Yeah, people actually don't believe what Jesus said do they?

Jesus makes it plain as day, and Christians just don't want to believe it, and they say they are in a covenant with Judah, as if they were one with Jews?

As if they were in the same religion that loves the commandments of God and the ways of Jesus with all his 7 feasts and Sabbaths?

They have become one servant with Jews?

The Jew cannot come to the Gentile, would you have a Jew taking on a Pagan Babylonian worship system so that Gentiles can become one with Jews?

Would Christians have Jews denying the ways of Christ, and to take on the ways of the Babylonian Messiah in order that the two can become one?

The entire point is that Gentiles and Jews become one but Gentiles refuse the Jewish Messiah, they deny Christ.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
The Word can't be corrupted, the book can.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:18 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times
Quote:

God's word has not been corrupted. it is the interpretation of His words and the adding to His words that is corrupted. God continually warned the Jews about false prophets and the NT warns us about false teachers.

Psa 119:160 - The sum of Your word is truth and every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting.

Old 10-05-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
God's word has not been corrupted. it is the interpretation of His words and the adding to His words that is corrupted. God continually warned the Jews about false prophets and the NT warns us about false teachers.

Psa 119:160 - The sum of Your word is truth and every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting.
Do you know what those ordinances are?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity