Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2017, 05:49 PM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Why are you bringing rape into this? There is nothing sinful about rape. Notice that Lot offered up his two young daughters to be raped, and he is called a righteous man and spared. He was not rebuked in any way.

The only prohibition about rape in the Bible is not buying her afterwards.
I believe she's talking about the rape of another male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 05:53 PM

439 posts, read 345,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
The point I was trying to make is that it is God's law to obey man's law whenever possible. It was possible in this situation because the obvious remedy was to just quit. If man's law goes against God's law then I agree a Christian should go along with God's law and even though I'm not Christian I would hate to see them punished for it by the civil authority. People have gone to jail for refusing to serve in the armed forces. There was no compromise in that situation so they obeyed what they felt was God's law over man's and served their sentence.
No. It isn't "Gods law to obey man's law when possible"

God put the authorities on earth for good. He is THEIR ruler. And they are designated to uphold his laws.
When that doesn't happen and they oppose GOD, we are not to follow suit. We are not to run. We are obey our LORD.

We do not cower from situations which requires us to uphold Gods law when it presents itself. We are taught this will happen. We are taught to put on the full armor of God to withstand the wiles of the Devil. Including those who hate the light....who hate seeing righteousness prevail.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
No. It isn't "Gods law to obey man's law when possible"

God put the authorities on earth for good. He is THEIR ruler. And they are designated to uphold his laws.
When that doesn't happen and they oppose GOD, we are not to follow suit. We are not to run if in that circumstance, we are obey our LORD.

We do not cower and from situations which requires us to uphold Gods law when it presents itself. We are taught to put on the full armor of God to withstand the wiles of the Devil. Including those who hate the light, who hate seeing righteousness prevail.
So was it possible for her to obey man's law by quitting her job?

Edit: I see you disagree on obeying man's laws. I posted this before in the thread but here is the scripture I referenced.
1 Peter 2:13-17

3 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
She did nothing wrong. Why are you so hung up on wanting her to quit her job?

Why don't you quit YOUR job??

Old 10-22-2017, 06:05 PM

I ran a google and got a couple more scriptures on this.

Romans 13:2-7
Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil.

Titus 3:1-3
Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men. For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:

I provided some scriptures for you. After you read them let me know if staying in a job that required her to break the law was the right choice.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:07 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
You error making assumptions where they do not exist.
God doesn't owe you to give a reason why a person wasn't reprimanded for each and every sin committed.
Don't take that as a license to assume our righteous Lord approves of sin.
You are fully aware the bible teaches otherwise so spare us your deceit.

Personally, I think God removing his wife from the earth moments later was a good reprimand. Taking 1/2 your flesh, your loved one away is a pretty heafty penalty.

Nothing good comes from heinous sin being committed by the Saint or Sinner
Lot's wife was punished for looking back. The Bible explicitly states so.

Please quote a verse forbidding rape, or calling rape a sin.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:10 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:

Maybe because thats what she should have done rather than breaking the law, which is also a sin.

Old 10-22-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:

Edit: I see you disagree on obeying man's laws. I posted this before in the thread but here is the scripture I referenced.
1 Peter 2:13-17

3 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. 16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. 17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.
You need to actually read what you posted.I've bolded the above.

The reason we adhere to mans law is FOR THE LORD's SAKE

WE DO NOT adhere to something that is not OF THE LORD

We put on the full Armour of GOD, walk in newness of life, adhering to the laws of the land aka GODS LAWS.

Any laws not for his sake are not laws. They are sin.

Jesus stood against Rulers who were using their freedom to establish law to cover up for evil.

We live as Gods Slaves, even when it isn't convienent

Old 10-22-2017, 06:12 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:

Kim Davis refused a court order by another devout Christian. She also refused to allow members of her staff to issue the licences. At least one staff member was willing to do so and the gay couples had the legal right to obtain a goods or service from the government office where Kim Davis was drawing a government payment to do her job. The judge was Christian and for all you know the gay couple were too.

She refused to follow a court order and was charged not with not issuing the licence but with contempt of court. As well the licence only stipulates that under State law the couple had the legal right to marry which regardless of religious convictions the couple had fulfill the legal right to be married.

Of course any church would have the legal right to refuse marrying them. Do you really think it is a civil servants right to decide who has the right and who does not to a government service based on their own personal beliefs rather than the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity