Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 05:03 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,729,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I gave you a honest, direct and clear answer, and you came right back with same usual bull crap.

The more you work trying to prove there is something wrong in other peoples hearts, and in their relationship with Christ etc, the more you demonstrate the issues with your own heart, and your belief system. Keep it up.

Every single person who was ever saved was actively sinning. I am not aware of any Bible verses regarding transgender people, so why are you even asking?
I didn't call you a name as you stated---and you did not respond to that.

Also in your response you didn't say anything about gay people being able to be saved---even when they continue to be gay. But I've known some---two are/were preachers. One has now gone to be with the Lord--died of aids in an age when he wasn't permitted to be who he really was. But I knew. I dated his sister.

So can a saved gay person continue to be saved? Yes or No. That's all that is required for a straight answer. But methinks, based on your history, you will answer in a devious manner so no one knows what your beliefs are.

There are issues in my heart. Plenty of them--and with God's help I work on them. BUT HIS CALLING TO ME WAS TO POINT OUT TO THOSE WHO WON'T FACE THE UGLINESS IN THEIR OWN HEARTS the fact that they need to enter into a covenant relationship with Him. I've never seen anyone have a devious tongue that was in a good relationship with Jesus.

But I suppose you are the first?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 05:06 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,729,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Finn answered you clearly. Why you choose not to apply it to your question is a mystery.

God is able to save any of the acronyms of LBGTQ. Why are you singling them out as though they are different from anyone else?
He specifically singled out transgender people--and maybe that's one fundamentalists aren't settled upon. But you yourself believe a gay person will go to hell just because they are gay. You've stated as much in the past.

The only thing I applaud about that is at least you answer isn't devious, even if it is short-sighted and based on poor interpretation of Scripture.

I prefer debating an honest person any day.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:06 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:
The bold is your problem.

I know that He is the focus of the Bible. You are the one make false accusations as though we worship a book. Nobody worships a book, despite your accusations.

But here is your problem. God and Christ are responsible for everything in the Bible. EVERYTHING. So the Bible must be regarded as truth if Christ is to be honored. Because Christ is responsible for the content, it's true.

Your problem is that you don't believe that the Bible is ALL true. Right?

You can look up Acts 11:26 (not Acts 20), Acts 26:28, 1 Peter 4:16.
He is more than a focus of the bible, he is the one it testifies to us look to(not look to the itself). Why you cannot see this is beyond me. The one who it testifies of gave us all that pertains to life and godliness, we grow in the grace and knowledge of him, we are called to abide in his love, seek him and look to him in all things. Why do you have issue with me stating these things?. It is my belief not accusation that bible fundamentalist worship the bible, absurd yes, but no doubt they do.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:23 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,926,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
If someone denies main parts of the Bible that was fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, how can they know who God is? They must make a god based on their own understanding or desires. That breaks the 1st Commandment.

And, if they are worshiping a false god how can they be saved?

The few that know Jesus knows he taught--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God.-- If one worships a false god, they break Gods #1 commandment daily(stand in opposition) even though they think they are serving God. 99% of all religion is false on earth.
There are many blind guides out there, ear ticklers seeking the tithe. 2Corinthians 11:12-15
God requires this--John 4:22-24-- Few hearts on earth know it.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Don't misquote people. If you are changing their statement, you need to clearly indicate it... underline it... do something to make it clear...

Finn clearly answered the question. If a person believes in Jesus, that person is not condemned.

John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The bold is correct. One is condemned or judged based on their performance.
I said this is actually what he meant, it was obvious what i had done, and it was obvious that it was not his original quote.

No, Finn Jarber he did not answer the question.

This is what Warden asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Does that mean transgender people are condemned even if they trust in Jesus ?
This is what Finn Jarber replied.

Quote:
Why pick and choose one particular sin? Even a murderer can be forgiven, and be born again. They are forgiven and repent their sins, and will correct their lives. .
Warden never said anything about sin, Finn Jarber did. If you cannot see this, you are being very insincere.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:34 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times
Quote:
Finn answered you clearly. Why you choose not to apply it to your question is a mystery. God is able to save any of the acronyms of LBGTQ. Why are you singling them out as though they are different from anyone else?
I tried giving a direct and honest answer in two different ways, but it is clear that no matter how hard you try, they will always reply with some "devious" or "nazi" commentary.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I tried giving a direct and honest answer in two different ways, but it is clear that no matter how hard you try, you will always be called 'devious' or some other name.
Warden did not ask you whether being transgender was a sin.

Quote:
Why pick and choose one particular sin? Even a murderer can be forgiven, and be born again. They are forgiven and repent their sins, and will correct their lives. .
This is what he asked you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Does that mean transgender people are condemned even if they trust in Jesus?

Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,944,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I wouldn't go that far, but thank you for saying so.
I would

Old 03-14-2018, 07:00 PM

1,183 posts, read 538,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
"What I said was true, from a certain point of view."

Apologies, I couldn't resist dropping a Star Wars reference.

While what you said was right, my broader point was that Christianity isn't dependent on the Bible. The Bible is a great source pointing toward Christ, but God can reveal Himself, and His nature dependent of it. He revealed Himself to me without me reading it. Everything He revealed I found later in the Bible, but He knew I wanted nothing to do with the Bible (or Christianity - I swore after I was disowned that I'd never walk into a church again - now good luck keeping me out of it, sometimes I go when there are no services, just to get encouragement ) when He reached out to me, and touched me for the very first time. All my life I had been taught what God is, but never knew who He is. He showed me that Himself.
Revelation 21:8 is against you.
8But to the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and sexually immoral and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their place will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This is the second death.”

Are sexually immoral? Do you commit acts of abomination? Do you lie about your gender? Have you held hatred in your heart(murderer)? Do you not believe in the God of the Bible(unbelieving)? Have you placed your gender identity of above everything in your life(idolatry)?

You better rethink and reflect before its too late.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:

The bold is correct. One is condemned or judged based on their performance.
Do you have a scripture for that ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity