Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 09:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I sent you a devotional called What Do They Think Of Me, I was hoping it would be of help to you. I'm learning it doesn't matter what others think of me, it matters what God thinks, and He loves you more than birds. (Matthew 6:26) #metoo
Very true Geekgirl, in fact God sees you are more beautiful and glorious than the lilies of the field. All fundamentalist leaning religions point you to outward appearance rather than the part of us that is God. Those same religions wail and bang on in false humility about how undeserving they are that God loves them and his gracious and merciful to them, what they don't get is, there is nothing deserving or undeserving about the egotistic outward naturally minded man, God looks at the part of us that is all him(it is perfect and always has been, we just have never realized it). God loves that part of us which is fearfully and wonderfully made. When we begin to understand and believe this, it permeates our whole being and binds up the egotistic side of us and the beautiful and altogether lovely part of our being begins to dawn in our lives.

I wish Jesus had said to the Pharisees, Hey you lot , What or who you are looking at?, and then went onto explain to them who the real "I" in all of us IS. They probably would have crucified him 3 years earlier than what they did though,i suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DilP...=RDDilPx7COV44

Don't let them get you down Geekgirl, instead let God lift you up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 09:13 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, there is no confusion. I am talking about people like Warden who keep boasting about his relationship with God, while telling others they do not have relationships with God, and people like yourself and pcamps who insist others "worship a book", which is the same false claim. Everyone knows what I am talking about. Do not play dumb. You people make a habit out of judging peoples faith and relationship with God, so don't give me your "we love everyone, and judge no one".

Let God be the judge. You dont know anything about other peoples relationships with God, or what they worship.

There you go....
You can have one, too. Or, in the very least, a better one.
And I STATED, didn't boast. You have claimed to have a "relationship" with God. Is that boasting anymore than my claiming to have a relationship? What I claim is boasting, but what you claim is humility? Methinks a double standard exists.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:20 AM

140 posts, read 71,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This coming from someone who has not addressed anything with scripture yet, is quite amusing.
wow
you sure have a short memory

http://www.city-data.com/forum/51307836-post414.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/51307535-post407.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/51305369-post387.html

Old 03-15-2018, 09:25 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:

Let God be the judge. You dont know anything about other peoples relationships with God, or what they worship.

This is good advice for all of us.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:26 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
This is good advice for all of us.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:26 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
They are posts of yours that are addressing any questions put to you. You have still not addressed where it says in the bible, we can on know him through the bible. Where is that scripture?.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:34 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Very true Geekgirl, in fact God sees you are more beautiful and glorious than the lilies of the field. All fundamentalist leaning religions point you to outward appearance rather than the part of us that is God. Those same religions wail and bang on in false humility about how undeserving they are that God loves them and his gracious and merciful to them, what they don't get is, there is nothing deserving or undeserving about the egotistic outward naturally minded man, God looks at the part of us that is all him(it is perfect and always has been, we just have never realized it). God loves that part of us which is fearfully and wonderfully made. When we begin to understand and believe this, it permeates our whole being and binds up the egotistic side of us and the beautiful and altogether lovely part of our being begins to dawn in our lives.

I wish Jesus had said to the Pharisees, Hey you lot , What or who you are looking at?, and then went onto explain to them who the real "I" in all of us IS. They probably would have crucified him 3 years earlier than what they did though,i suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DilP...=RDDilPx7COV44

Don't let them get you down Geekgirl, instead let God lift you up

What an uplifting post, camps! And thank you for posting the video; I've been hoping to come across some cheerful music to add to my library.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:40 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Thank you. I saw it. I do not care what they think about me. The reason I point out the conduct of certain people is so that others can see what they are selling not worth buying. The salesman claims he is selling love, but the produce is far from it. The produce is anger, resentment and judgment. I talk to them, and let their own words demonstrate the true nature of the produce.

Please tell us Finn, what you think "they" are selling? What exactly do you mean when you say this?

I don't think anyone is selling anything on here. Did you have to buy something to find peace with God?

I think the main thing you are expressing by this statement of yours (and I may be wrong) is that you are bothered that we do not condone the teaching of eternal torment along with the teaching of the gospel and love of Christ. Isn't that really the big issue that you think must be tacked onto the gospel and that we refuse to "sell". And since we are not "selling" that dark message, you are not buying it. I think that is really what you mean. The truth is not for sale. It was given freely by God and must be received freely. Those who peddle (sell) God or the things of God are always confused.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
They are posts of yours that are addressing any questions put to you. You have still not addressed where it says in the bible, we can on know him through the bible. Where is that scripture?.
With all due respect, just curious but.... are you mentally ill?
I won't hold it against you of course but need to put your memory loss and untruths in some kind of context. And lack of remorse or apologizes for these untruths.

You don't even seem to grasp this forum.
Lets start at the foundation needed to have a discussion in this forum, and per the forum rules, what a Christian is.

Christ is of the bible.
Christ is found in the scriptures, it is how we know his name
Christ is found in the scriptures, it is how we know his name and have a relationship with him

Christ aka Christianity is the religion affiliated with the Scriptures.
It is where Christ is found and known if those want to know and have a relationship with him

That is the basis for this forum

The people who follow Christianity are known as Christians first identified in the New Testament Scriptures
All of us here, and the entire world, know the name of Christ thru the scriptures.
All of us here, and the entire world, can know more than his name thru the scriptures, even have a relationship with him through the scriptures.

I started talking to you first. Not the reverse which you have stated

Old 03-15-2018, 09:55 AM

to pccamps

We are Christ followers, therefore we follow him via the words of the bible.
We are Christ Followers, aka Christians.

Per this forum, that is defined by knowing "The ways of him" per this forum rules.
Per this forum, we are "Christ followers"
The only way to know "The ways of him" is to read the bible to find out about the ways of Jesus Christ.

There is no other way to know "the ways of him" except...the problem is...you are balking at the forum guidelines trying to get people here
not to do what is needed to know " the ways of him". That's a thin line your walking trying to prevent us from discussing "the ways of him" by dissing the only manner we can accomplish knowing the ways of him which is to go to the scriptures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity