Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 07:21 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,291 times

Advertisements

Need a break from the bickering? I am picking a topic that is benign and hope everyone will feel safe to opine.

What do you think will happen in the next 25 years that will be considered earth shattering?

Eschatology aside, my prediction is...

Some event will take place that will shake the faith of even the most hard core fundie. This result will make many abandon their faith. What it will be I don’t know but it will be exciting to some, dreadful to others, and a bit terrifying for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2018, 07:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
I predict both Christian and Muslim fundamentalists will be ostracized to the fringes of society until their marginalization makes them completely irrelevant.

Sanity - via education through an unfettered internet - will prevail.

Mankind will continue to evolve, leaving fundies to fossilize.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:19 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
If things go as I expect them to, I'll have died and will be with long lost loved-ones.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
If things go as I expect them to, I'll have died and will be with long lost loved-ones.
You're such a darn pessimist!

I'll be 91. My goal is to retain enough strength and mobility to squeeze the bum of my nurses whenever one dares to come within reach.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Need a break from the bickering? I am picking a topic that is benign and hope everyone will feel safe to opine.

What do you think will happen in the next 25 years that will be considered earth shattering?

Some event will take place that will shake the faith of even the most hard core fundie. This result will make many abandon their faith. What it will be I don’t know but it will be exciting to some, dreadful to others, and a bit terrifying for all.
If you found out that life didn't begin on this planet, wouldn't that be exciting to some, yet dreadful and terrifying to others?

I have no doubt that it would shatter your world of being one of the elect.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:35 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
Probably more of the same garbage. Hopefully Americans will wake up and quit letting idiots run the show.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post

Ive long believed this may involve the discovery of extraterrestrial life, beyond our planet/ dimension.

Such a discovery and the implications if these beings claimed to be our creators, would rock the entire world, ALL religion would suddenly be called into question, and may even cause organized religion to be outlawed, they will say, " We now have proof of who our real gods are, it is wrong to continue worshiping the way we did in the past".

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-25-2018 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: Don't use red text

Old 03-25-2018, 11:20 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Probably more of the same garbage. Hopefully Americans will wake up and quit letting idiots run the show.
Idiots that ruled Israel at the time of Jesus never stopped him being God manifest in the flesh, no prizes for guessing who thought crucifying him would stop him. I read today that if Jesus was in India rather than Israel he would have never been crucified. Jesus, you just can't go around saying God is your Father and teaching he's our Father too.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:29 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Prediction question. What do you think will happen in the next 25 years?

Matthew 24
[29] Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
[30] And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Old 03-25-2018, 11:32 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive long believed this may involve the discovery of extraterrestrial life, beyond our planet/ dimension.

Such a discovery and the implications if these beings claimed to be our creators, would rock the entire world, ALL religion would suddenly be called into question, and may even cause organized religion to be outlawed, they will say, " We now have proof of who our real gods are, it is wrong to continue worshiping the way we did in the past".
This thought did cross my mind. And many with faith will be severly tested. But this event is not what it appears to be and ends demonic in origin.

But I really think the occasion will be something no one has ever contemplated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity