Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 05:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus saves a person the moment he or she accepts Him; so, those disciples were saved but had no root within themselves to endure to the end. They willingly lost their Salvation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You cannot lose that which you are not responsible; for the salvation of ALL is of God through that of Christ Jesus and his faithfulness.
Quote:
Search the Scriptures and you'll find that you hold to the doctrine of men.
I am a Divemaster in recreational and a professional capacity. Once on a recreational dive, there was a man who had his lung collapse. I rescued him, bringing him to the surface while forcing air into his other lung from a depth of 130 feet. If both lungs had collapsed, there would have been no way for him to breathe and I would have brought up a dead man. I also informed him to see his physician and NOT to go diving, again. He didn't listen and went diving two weeks later and died. You are responsible for your own thoughts, deeds and actions in this life. As for the next, your life is in his hands anthropomorphically speaking. It will have nothing to do with what you believe you have or have NOT accomplished in this life. Those who hold to the teachings of man are those who believe they have a special status in which they will never die, while others will be condemned to suffer some kind of eternal anguish. Which is absolute and utter nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 02:33 AM

595 posts, read 762,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Notice that the sheep must follow.

Failure to follow results in a loss of salvation. As long as you remain a sheep and follow it's all good.

"While you have the light, believe in the light and you will become a child of light."

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above."

"No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit. "
Yes
John 15:4
4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. (If)

15:6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

John 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you

John 15:9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love
The good fight

God bless,
Mercy

Old 07-04-2018, 07:52 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm asking you what Jesus meant in John 6 when he said that the Father gives him some.

Were those disciples that walked away "given by the Father"? Do you know?
Do you hold to the same doctrine as Mike555, one that teaches once saved always saved (OSAS)? One that teaches drunkards, adulterers, homosexuals, fornicators, liars, gossipers and thieves that they're still saved so long as they at one point in their lives confessed the Lord Jesus? This is what Dr. Charles Stanley teaches too. Is this your doctrine as well?

Old 07-04-2018, 11:03 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We have NOTHING to do with our salvation. That is ALL Jesus, period.
The belief in free will is refuted many times in the scriptures. Certain Christians tend to avoid those verses.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:06 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
Jesus saves a person the moment he or she accepts Him; so, those disciples were saved but had no root within themselves to endure to the end. They willingly lost their Salvation.
The concept of "accepting" Christ is not in the bible. To those who 'receive' him is. To those who 'come to him' is. The term "accept' Jesus or 'give your heart' to Jesus is not in the bible.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:23 AM

3,220 posts, read 925,934 times
Ezekiel 18
The Lord says this;

24 But when the righteous turn away from their righteousness and commit iniquity and do the same abominable things that the wicked do, shall they live? None of the righteous deeds that they have done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which they are guilty and the sin they have committed, they shall die.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:27 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The belief in free will is refuted many times in the scriptures. Certain Christians tend to avoid those verses.
no, it is just misunderstood

Old 07-04-2018, 12:52 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The concept of "accepting" Christ is not in the bible. To those who 'receive' him is. To those who 'come to him' is. The term "accept' Jesus or 'give your heart' to Jesus is not in the bible.
Actually RainMusic, 'receive' and 'accept' are synonymous terms. They mean the same thing.
Receive Synonyms, Receive Antonyms | Thesaurus.com
John 1:2 ἔλαβον; elabon, - 'received' or 'accepted'.

John 13:20 λαμβάνων; lambanōn, - 'receive' or 'accept.'

Colossians 2:6 παρελάβετε; parelabete, - 'you have received' or 'you have accepted.'

Old 07-05-2018, 12:05 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Do you hold to the same doctrine as Mike555, one that teaches once saved always saved (OSAS)? One that teaches drunkards, adulterers, homosexuals, fornicators, liars, gossipers and thieves that they're still saved so long as they at one point in their lives confessed the Lord Jesus? This is what Dr. Charles Stanley teaches too. Is this your doctrine as well?

Yes yes, the fornicators, the adulterers, the liars and those who love to tell a lie, the thieves, they are still saved, what is the problem?

You can speak against Jesus and choose to not keep any of the laws and even teach others not to keep the laws and still be saved. The works of each man are tested, and even if their work is burned, they are saved, salvation is not the point of each man's work being tested by fire.

We se those thieves, those fornicators, those who love to love a lie outside the city, and the city is really just a resurrection body, and although the fornicators and adulterers and the homosexual are not allowed to have this new body, it doesn't mean they are not saved.

We have the design of the temple to show what the after life is.

If all the liars and murderers, and adulterers and fornicators and thieves go to some hell you made up, that happens to be all of us, have you considered this?

He who says he is not a liar, I am looking at him funny, he who says that he never commits immoral sex, I am looking at him with my eyebrow raised, and he who says he is not a murderer, I have my hand over my mouth, my eyes wide open cause I can't believe what just came out of his mouth.

Who is without sin?

Old 07-05-2018, 12:12 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Did you plan to answer my question? The one where I asked if you believe we are given to Jesus by the Father? Do you actually believe the words of Jesus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity