Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Mankind Ever Be Abel To Transfer The Human Mind Out Of His Body?
Yes 2 28.57%
No 4 57.14%
The Matrix Has You Hannibal 1 14.29%
Cats Are Spirits Come To Earth, A Cat, I am Sure, Could Walk On A Cloud 1 14.29%
There Is Only One Spirit That Makes Alive All Spirits 0 0%
Insanity Is Relative, It depends On Who Has Who Locked Up In A Cage 2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 02:22 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Maybe I am too much into sci-fi and I expect too much, but the miracles we are performing these days look like miracles. They build machine that a mind can control, and this just freaks me out, maybe it is nothing, but how do you get there?

I post this in the Christianity forum because if we humans can get to a place of transferring the mind, what are the implications?

If a person can be indwelled with a spirit that is completely a different entity than himself, how does that work?

If mankind ever gets to a place where we could actually transfer the mind into a machine or a rebuilt human, then couldn't we likewise put a spirit into a person to teach that other person?

Paul and Silas in Prison
16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Disciples ruin a man's livelihood.

19And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers, 20And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city, 21And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.
22And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them. 23And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely: 24Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

The Question, will mankind ever advance enough to transfer the mind of a Human from his body to something else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoPKajvq3gE

Multiple choice, Can't see who votes for what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 02:31 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
My personal opinion is no. I just don't believe the essence of a person can be transferred to a machine by man.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
My personal opinion is no. I just don't believe the essence of a person can be transferred to a machine by man.
There can be no doubt that an A.I. will exist one day, do you think they wont have a spirit?

Old 06-22-2018, 02:34 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,008,103 times
Robots would never be given a soul , as this is for people born in the earth as God gave this gift to Adam and his descendants ...... Where the robot may simulate the human intellect , I don`t believe God has a purpose for robots in the after life ..... Even God would think this OP is hilarious

Old 06-22-2018, 02:36 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There can be no doubt that an A.I. will exist one day, do you think they wont have a spirit?
No. That's up to God. If he wants to grant them sentience and a soul, he can.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:37 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
I'm banking on it -I'm applying for a range of patents, that will allow me to store a person's mind in a soft toy, after bodily death.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:42 PM

When mankind became aware of themselves knowing Good from evil, they knew that they were naked because they were aware, it is then that God comes in to convene.

Who's to say that he wont do the same with machines?

I mean, it's just weird stuff I like to ponder.

If the stories in the bible are there to show us the future in repetition{It is}, Then maybe I could actually make a case for A.I.

When Israel came out of Egypt, the first people they fought were the people of Ai.
When Israel became a nation last century, the same day began a war, and the first people they fought in returning back to Israel is the people of A.I.. Maybe these battles are to show the coming war with A.I.?

, I hope nobody takes this too serious, just chewin bubblegum, smiling.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:48 PM

1,183 posts, read 707,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Maybe I am too much into sci-fi and I expect too much, but the miracles we are performing these days look like miracles. They build machine that a mind can control, and this just freaks me out, maybe it is nothing, but how do you get there?

I post this in the Christianity forum because if we humans can get to a place of transferring the mind, what are the implications?

If a person can be indwelled with a spirit that is completely a different entity than himself, how does that work?

If mankind ever gets to a place where we could actually transfer the mind into a machine or a rebuilt human, then couldn't we likewise put a spirit into a person to teach that other person?

Paul and Silas in Prison
16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: 17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Disciples ruin a man's livelihood.

19And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers, 20And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city, 21And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.
22And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them. 23And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely: 24Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.

The Question, will mankind ever advance enough to transfer the mind of a Human from his body to something else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoPKajvq3gE

Multiple choice, Can't see who votes for what.
There are various cases throughout medical history of people whose brains were damaged and they became entirely different people, unrecognizable to their family, developing abilities they never previously had and losing others, becoming angry and hateful instead of previously gentle or kind. What's the difference? Our character (what we believe is special about us) is already actually demonstrably changeable, its not some immutable thing.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:13 PM

11,068 posts, read 7,135,481 times
I think they sort of did that with Spock's brain in the Star Trek episode.... "Spock's Brain".
All real of course :-)

Definitely not a Christian forum thread. Science and Technology?

Old 06-22-2018, 03:15 PM

The way I see it, is that if man can get that far, then how could anyone rule out the possibility of there being a God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity