Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 01:04 PM

1,279 posts, read 854,153 times

Advertisements

When you walk into your church, how do you feel?

On Sunday mornings: happy? bored? joyful? something else?

During the week: peaceful? glad? something else?

Curious how everyone feels when walking into church. Particularly curious if people don't have positive feelings about going in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 01:24 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
I always felt ignored, patronized and manipulated.

Old 12-28-2018, 01:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I always felt ignored, patronized and manipulated.
That's a shame zthatzmanz.

I have never had that experience. The only thing i would say was the few churches that i have been involved in where most of its members had long church backgrounds, they did not know how to identify with those coming to their churches that had no previous church background.
Quite a few of my mates who came from the same background as myself took a huge interest in the end time ministries of an Assemblies of God Pastor/preacher.
It started when i gave a book called Final Notice by an Australian preacher/author called Barry Smith to a mate of mine, all about the mark of the beast and that stuff if i remember right. He ended up going to the Assembly of God church but also convincing a few others to go along too after sharing with them what he'd learnt in the book (lmao i think they all thought the end times was upon them). To say these lads were a bunch of nutters is no exaggeration, so it was amazing that they ever stepped foot inside of the church, needless to say for reasons i stated above they drifted away from going to the church.

Is that the sound of bible fundamentalists gnashing of teeth saying they were not of them in the first place?.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:04 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Peace. Acceptance. Love.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:12 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Happy, welcome, excited, at home.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:17 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
It's mostly good, but I'm also very selective in where I go. I'm not going to compromise anything, or put up with division and nonsense.

But better than that is my own worship and meditation time. It far exceeds anything happening in a church building. It's purely one-to-one with God and nature, and leaves out mankind. The pinnacle of spirituality.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Content with gusts up to blissful. This is my church and I attend 24/7.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:26 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That's a shame zthatzmanz.

I have never had that experience. The only thing i would say was the few churches that i have been involved in where most of its members had long church backgrounds, they did not know how to identify with those coming to their churches that had no previous church background.
Quite a few of my mates who came from the same background as myself took a huge interest in the end time ministries of an Assemblies of God Pastor/preacher.
It started when i gave a book called Final Notice by an Australian preacher/author called Barry Smith to a mate of mine, all about the mark of the beast and that stuff if i remember right. He ended up going to the Assembly of God church but also convincing a few others to go along too after sharing with them what he'd learnt in the book (lmao i think they all thought the end times was upon them). To say these lads were a bunch of nutters is no exaggeration, so it was amazing that they ever stepped foot inside of the church, needless to say for reasons i stated above they drifted away from going to the church.

Is that the sound of bible fundamentalists gnashing of teeth saying they were not of them in the first place?.
It came to a head when an engagement fell apart and she was pregnant...The pastor said I had just SIRED a child out of wedlock like a HORSE and needed to get right with god...

Last time I ever thought about the evangelical hate and oppression..

27 years later that child was knocking on my door (she wanted $5000 to buy a car) ...but, that is yet another saga of my trials and tribulations of this so called life..

Old 12-28-2018, 02:43 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
It's amazing how many people that are quite vocal about not going to church decide they need to chirp in on a thread like this. But we've been over this....it's ok to attack Christians on a forum called "Christianity". Encouraged, actually.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:43 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Church were I attend has four or five greeters at the door shake your hand or give you a hug to greet you plus the lead Pastor sometime is there to greet you and bless you to Jesus into the church ....... Many people there will also shake your hand or give you a Christian hug , just a whole hearted friendly church ......Glory to God .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity