Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,020,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
once I meet one who is not making a hobby out of judging others I will let you know but you could be a long wait
Maybe that's because some Universalist are more into mankind than any God. Perhaps mankind and the earth is their all-in-all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 12:07 PM

15,897 posts, read 6,362,280 times
Quote:
speaking about personal experiences is not judging
I mean in order to even say someone is judgmental you have to judge the other person as being judgmental. I'm not attaching right or wrong to the act of judging just saying if being judgmental is a trait you find offensive then you have to stop looking for it in other people. I personally don't like judgmental so I try to look at someone who others may look at as being that way (which is why I asked you about WBC) as people following what they think is right.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Exactly. Fundies need to ignore truth and reality to maintain being "right." And being "right" means being a slave to the childish beliefs, fears and bigotry which characterize their sects.

Ba-da-bing!

Too soon.

Ah..too soon on this end as well.

Old 02-26-2019, 12:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

Ah..too soon on this end as well.
he unintentionally proved my point and ironically you gave it a thumbs up

Old 02-26-2019, 01:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
I don't know much about Universalism, but I don't think emotionally charged people on the internet who try to sway votes and pad their egos are any representative of the whole.
Quote:
once I meet one who is not making a hobby out of judging others I will let you know but you could be a long wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Maybe that's because some Universalist are more into mankind than any God. Perhaps mankind and the earth is their all-in-all.
For someone who doesn't know much about Universalism, you appear to be emotionally charged and hypocritical or are you merely padding your ego?

Old 02-26-2019, 01:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:

Oh, hi Finn. I guess you missed my questions upthread. I'll try again, since you're surely not avoiding them on purpose.

In your church wherein you "welcome everyone," how many gay couples are in the congregation? How many female pastors conduct the services?

Old 02-26-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Trout doesn't claim to be anything other than what he is.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
For someone who doesn't know much about Universalism, you appear to be emotionally charged and hypocritical or are you merely padding your ego?
He likes to pretend to be above the fray so he can spit on both sides.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What do you mean by a Church that is very conservative?
Quote:
They preach from the Bible. Things like John 3:16, and "love your neighbor as yourself", while liberals preach "fundies are hateful bigots".
In other words, you don't practice what is preached, and prefer to have your ear tickled.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:13 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,020,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He likes to pretend to be above the fray so he can spit on both sides.
That's how it may appear to someone with <<cut>>, otherwise you would understand that forums are meant to elicit information <<cut>>.

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-26-2019 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: I hope I don't have to do more than edit this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity