Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 05:35 PM

23,174 posts, read 10,463,936 times

Advertisements

Will somebody quote Zechariah 12 to highlight what is being said in each chapter of this future prophesy?

I would post the prophesy and be proud of my opinion, but my great curiosity is what a very brave Christian would say, mind you that this scripture speaks of the beloved, the family.

If somebody could cut and paste the scipture in KJV, let's just dive in head first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 09:24 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times
Zec 12:1 ¶The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

Zec 12:2

Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

Zec 12:3

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zec 12:4

In that day, saith the LORD, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness: and I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the people with blindness.

Zec 12:5

And the governors of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength in the LORD of hosts their God.

Zec 12:6

In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.

Zec 12:7

¶The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.

Zec 12:8

In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Zec 12:9

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zec 12:10

¶And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zec 12:11

In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

Zec 12:12

And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

Zec 12:13

The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;

Zec 12:14

All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:17 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Does this remind anyone else of "the Ring Cycle" vaunted as national pride in Germany before WWII? Ragnarroek anyone?

Old 12-26-2019, 04:36 AM

3,061 posts, read 915,762 times
Zechariah 12: 12; And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

This reveals that Nathan, the son of Bathsheba and Urriah, who became the adopted son of King David, and the ancestor of Jesus, was not a biological son of David.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:45 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
Zechariah 12: 12; And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

This reveals that Nathan, the son of Bathsheba and Urriah, who became the adopted son of King David, and the ancestor of Jesus, was not a biological son of David.
It’s speaking about the prophet Nathan...

Old 12-27-2019, 10:11 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,086 times
I suspect that is after he re-establishes it with "his suppliants" from "beyond the rivers of Ethiopia " verses ....
and those verses..
He has already dropped from the clouds( ohels) and taken on Edom and Jordon by himself. ( you can search throws his sandals/ or shoes at(?Edom?) and also ?? is his washpot prophesy ... that is him all by himself AND the MOUNTIAN MELT LIKE WAX BEFORE HIM..... then after those days.. he establishes Israel, SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN DESTROYED AND HE HAS EXPELLED THE NATIONS WHO INVADED HER. BY HIMSELF..
and He will still have more to take care of in surrounding nations like that one that did ALREADY FIGHT ISRAEL.... that has nothing to do with their religious practicing.

Old 12-27-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It’s speaking about the prophet Nathan...
I know! It's speaking about the prophet Nathan son of Bathsheba and Uriah the Hittite, adopted son of David and the ancestor of the man Jesus, son of Mary and her half brother Joseph the son of Alexander Helios/Heli.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:10 AM

Quote:
I know! It's speaking about the prophet Nathan son of Bathsheba and Uriah the Hittite, adopted son of David and the ancestor of the man Jesus, son of Mary and her half brother Joseph the son of Alexander Helios/Heli.
No, it’s speaking of Nathan the prophet, son of Attai...

Old 12-28-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, it’s speaking of Nathan the prophet, son of Attai...
And when did a member of the tribe of Judah become a priest from the line of Levi?

Alexander Helios=Heli, the biological grand-father of Jesus, according to the genealogy of Jesus as recorded in Luke 3: 23; was a descendant of Nathan the Levite who was the biological son of Bathsheba and Uriah the Hittite.

Uriah became a member of the tribe of Levi by his marriage to Bathsheba the daughter of Ammiel, the son of Oded-Edom, who was a descendant of Moses from the house of Levi, by his second wife Jepunniah, an Ethiopian woman, [See Numbers 12: 1; KJV] who was the widow of a man from the tribe of Judah, and the mother of Caleb, who, at the age of forty, became the adopted son of Moses, and Jepunniah was the daughter of Hobab the Kennite, one of the two fathers-in-law to Moses, [See Judges 4: 11. Hebrew Bible]

Old 12-29-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
And when did a member of the tribe of Judah become a priest from the line of Levi?

Alexander Helios=Heli, the biological grand-father of Jesus, according to the genealogy of Jesus as recorded in Luke 3: 23; was a descendant of Nathan the Levite who was the biological son of Bathsheba and Uriah the Hittite.

Uriah became a member of the tribe of Levi by his marriage to Bathsheba the daughter of Ammiel, the son of Oded-Edom, who was a descendant of Moses from the house of Levi, by his second wife Jepunniah, an Ethiopian woman, [See Numbers 12: 1; KJV] who was the widow of a man from the tribe of Judah, and the mother of Caleb, who, at the age of forty, became the adopted son of Moses, and Jepunniah was the daughter of Hobab the Kennite, one of the two fathers-in-law to Moses, [See Judges 4: 11. Hebrew Bible]
It is speaking of Nathan the prophet, not Nathan the son of David...And Nathan the prophet was not a priest...And no, Uriah did not become a Levitical member of the tribe of Levi just because he married Bathsheba...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity