Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 10:48 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times

Advertisements

Something very huge happened at the Cross. Something that was big enough to make Jesus appear to lie:

Before the cross, Jesus said that "if you confess me before men, I will confess you before my Father who is in heaven. And if you deny me before men, I will deny you before my father who is in heaven".

then, Peter denies Christ 3 times.

And after the Cross, Jesus FAILS TO DENY PETER before His father in heaven.

WHY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 11:05 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Something very huge happened at the Cross. Something that was big enough to make Jesus appear to lie:

Before the cross, Jesus said that "if you confess me before men, I will confess you before my Father who is in heaven. And if you deny me before men, I will deny you before my father who is in heaven".

WHY?

What makes you think that? Peter is still in the grave, and as the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:16-17), I don't think anyone is planning on giving him a homecoming parade. Peter had a purpose that remains until the "end of the age", when "in that day", the day of the LORD, he and his successor, the pope, will "fall"(Isaiah 22:15-25). You have to keep the big picture in mind.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Peter was rehabilitated and counseled by Christ, after the resurrection because he was in denial.

Old 03-01-2019, 02:54 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Jesus needed Peter as He was a disciple and then an apostle who spread the gospel . as Jesus went on to heaven and Peter and the apostles were left to continue the work , Just like Thomas who would not believe .......... Other works of God in the earth were a sign was left like Adam who lived for more than 900 years , and even Abraham who lived for 175 years long after the 120 days to live after the flood ............... Even people who have Jesus Holy Spirit would work on people who denied Jesus to call them back before Holy Spirit would retreat from a person

Old 03-01-2019, 06:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
WHAT a great topic...many layers here, Rain Music, welcome back.

One, I would say, Peter did not deny Jesus' essence, his message, his being or who he was.

In a moment of weakness, Christian's would say the devil made him do it.
A man's core convictions are not negated by a few moments of fear (of death in this case).
So saying, No, I wasn't with the Nazarene, no not ME! Yikes!
Peter was not denying Jesus' message or who he was to him; Lord.

Secondly, It shows the all pervasive power of love and forgiveness..."If you do that you're going to your room!" The kid does it...and the dad shakes his head and says, "Ok, one more time and that is IT!"
You can call that mercy or forgiveness or a second chance or unconditional love...but the kid is not a bad kid, after all...he made a mistake, it's to be expected that humans are weak and stupid.

Peter did not stand in front of men and say , "I deny everything Jesus taught."

So there.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:02 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post

WHY?
Yeshua told kefa(peter he would deny him three times.
Was he being obedient to a lesson that he would only understand after the Lords resurrection?

I doubt anyone on this board has any idea what relation this message has with the Torah kingdom.

And for future reference. Try not to conflate a mixed message rainmusic.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
WHAT a great topic...many layers here, Rain Music, welcome back.

One, I would say, Peter did not deny Jesus' essence, his message, his being or who he was.

In a moment of weakness, Christian's would say the devil made him do it.
A man's core convictions are not negated by a few moments of fear (of death in this case).
So saying, No, I wasn't with the Nazarene, no not ME! Yikes!
Peter was not denying Jesus' message or who he was to him; Lord.

Secondly, It shows the all pervasive power of love and forgiveness..."If you do that you're going to your room!" The kid does it...and the dad shakes his head and says, "Ok, one more time and that is IT!"
You can call that mercy or forgiveness or a second chance or unconditional love...but the kid is not a bad kid, after all...he made a mistake, it's to be expected that humans are weak and stupid.

Peter did not stand in front of men and say , "I deny everything Jesus taught."

So there.

Well, actually, Peter was just fulfilling the scripture of Zechariah 13:9, which states "strike the shepherd that the sheep may be scattered" (Matthew 26:31). The same prophet who prophesized that the "worthless shepherd", Peter, would be one of the staffs/shepherds to "pasture the flock doomed for slaughter" (Zechariah 11:7 & 17), the Gentile church, and who would along with his brother shepherd Paul (Zechariah 11:10), would be "annihilated" (Zechariah 11:8), apparently in a "vast country"/Rome (Isaiah 22:18). As for "I deny everything Jesus taught", that would be the Gentile church, the church of Peter and Paul, which has nailed his testimony to the cross. (Hebrews 8:13)

Old 03-01-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Peter was rehabilitated and counseled by Christ, after the resurrection because he was in denial.
Peter was turned over to Satan, who had asked to sift Peter as wheat. Peter, as with Judas, were chosen because of their weak characters, which was a requirement for them to fulfill their part in Scripture, which meant they were easily manipulated by Satan. As shown in Isaiah 22:15-25, Peter was never truly "rehabilitated", as shown by his shameful visions (Zechariah 13:4) & (Isaiah 22:18). As for the followers of Peter (Zechariah 11:14-17) and Paul (Zechariah 11:10), that would be presumably "slaughter" (Zechariah 11:7). One would be best served by "coming out of her" which refers to the daughters of Babylon, which incudes the Gentile churches (Revelation 18:4) & (Revelation 18:4).

Luke 22:31-32 31"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat

Old 03-01-2019, 07:38 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
I think it's like that St. Francis of Assisi quote MQ shared.

Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words.

Maybe confessing Jesus at all times has nothing do with saying certain words and everything to do with showing people how He has made you strong.

Also, if we all have a part to play such as suggested by other posters, how responsible are we for our actions if we are acting within human nature?

Old 03-01-2019, 07:59 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Peter was turned over to Satan, who had asked to sift Peter as wheat. Peter, as with Judas, were chosen because of their weak characters, which was a requirement for them to fulfill their part in Scripture, which meant they were easily manipulated by Satan. As shown in Isaiah 22:15-25, Peter was never truly "rehabilitated", as shown by his shameful visions (Zechariah 13:4) & (Isaiah 22:18). As for the followers of Peter (Zechariah 11:14-17) and Paul (Zechariah 11:10), that would be presumably "slaughter" (Zechariah 11:7). One would be best served by "coming out of her" which refers to the daughters of Babylon, which incudes the Gentile churches (Revelation 18:4) & (Revelation 18:4).

Luke 22:31-32 31"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat
Only Judas the betrayer was given over to the evil one.
Just as Yeshua said,
Judas was not one of the chosen.

Yochanon(john 17
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity