Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 10:40 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
So.....I've done some genealogy and have some interesting results...!

I have 5 different nationalities...FIVE!!!

I am in part...

1. Swedish!
2. French...
3. Welsh...which is where my Quaker part comes from...YES!!!
4. Austrian....and last, but not least...
5. Swiss!....hopefully my ancestors had something to do with chocolate.

Wow...five different nationalities that I've found in my ancestors. I bet many of you have not only multiple nationalities, but maybe even some of you more than my five.

If we go back far enough we are all related......as we all descend from Adam and Eve. We are all family under God.

We are all made from a reflection of God's image and therefore God sees us all as his children made in his image.

Therefore God calls us to treat each other as family with love.

Romans 12:13 tells us that the mark of a true Christian is extending hospitality to strangers.

Love your neighbor.
I have 8, Nigerian, West African, Sierra Leonean, Kenyan, Scandinavian, Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Jewish. we are ALL from Adam, even if MANY refuse to believe so. this is why we should show love to ALL people of every Nation. especially if we call ourselves followers of Jesus and worshippers of the God of Israel, Jehovah (Exo. 6:3). peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 11:29 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Adam speaks to that of humankind or mankind, and he gave them a soul (Eve) by giving them the breath of life, therefore, created he, them in his own image.

Old 08-12-2019, 03:21 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
All flesh is related but all souls don't come from the same place, the souls that fell here were from another planet when they fell here, they were foundationally different than the souls of humans created in this earth, and so while all flesh comes from the same place, all souls do not, and this makes two different kind of people who are not related. Just my opinions, that human souls fell to earth having lived a life elsewhere.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:15 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:

I am in part...

1. Swedish!
2. French...

Wow...five different nationalities that I've found in my ancestors. I bet many of you have not only multiple nationalities, but maybe even some of you more than my five.

If we go back far enough we are all related......as we all descend from Adam and Eve. We are all family under God.

We are all made from a reflection of God's image and therefore God sees us all as his children made in his image.

Romans 12:13 tells us that the mark of a true Christian is extending hospitality to strangers.

Love your neighbor.
5. Or cheese...

Old 08-15-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:

I am in part...

1. Swedish!
2. French...

Love your neighbor.
The Torah first said to love your neighbor...

Old 08-15-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I believe we are all connected, and that which connects us is what we term and personify as God. Even though the Adam and Eve story is not literally true, it is one ancient culture's story of how humanity came to be and still has value metaphorically.

Most of my family did our DNA except for one brother, who refused. It is interesting to see the differences in DNA within siblings. One sister shows up with some Iberian peninsula, as does our mother, while I am 52% British Isles, 44% Scandinavian, 2% Irish, 1% Finnish, 1% Caucasus mountains. Basically, a white person from cold countries.

Interestingly, most of my ancestors came here from the Netherlands. The ones with my last name came from England.
What’s your last name?...Oh, yea, Queen...Duh!....

Old 08-19-2019, 07:39 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sister, you are deep and you are refreshing to this fundamentalist dominated forum . There is no separation . The most wonderful story in the scripture for me is, Esau letting go of what is younger brother had done to him.
You are too kind. I don't know as much about every verse and its interpretation as some though.

You are right......Esau is a great story of reconcilliation with Jacob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Is sister Baker a Taff?
No way dude! I am an American. Ethnically I am part Welsh, but I am genetically more a Swede, Swiss and French I believe...with a touch of Austrian too....based on my ancestry stuff.

Supposedly my Welsh ancestors were Quakers that moved to Pennsylvania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I know she's a doll.

Anyone that says I rock, is quite special.
You are too kind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I believe we are all connected, and that which connects us is what we term and personify as God. Even though the Adam and Eve story is not literally true, it is one ancient culture's story of how humanity came to be and still has value metaphorically.

Most of my family did our DNA except for one brother, who refused. It is interesting to see the differences in DNA within siblings. One sister shows up with some Iberian peninsula, as does our mother, while I am 52% British Isles, 44% Scandinavian, 2% Irish, 1% Finnish, 1% Caucasus mountains. Basically, a white person from cold countries.

Interestingly, most of my ancestors came here from the Netherlands. The ones with my last name came from England.
That is awesome! I know that some English like the Puritans left England to the Netherlands before coming to America!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
I have 8, Nigerian, West African, Sierra Leonean, Kenyan, Scandinavian, Irish, Scottish, Welsh and Jewish. we are ALL from Adam, even if MANY refuse to believe so. this is why we should show love to ALL people of every Nation. especially if we call ourselves followers of Jesus and worshippers of the God of Israel, Jehovah (Exo. 6:3). peace
That is awesome!

We are all related, no matter where we come from! No matter country, color, nation, etc...we are all different reflections of God...but reflections of his image so we are all siblings that must love each other.

My bf is of German and English heritage....as far as I know I don't have those two groups, but we are still related by God as you point out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
5. Or cheese...
Oh yeah! Not too much though....I am a fitness junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Torah first said to love your neighbor...
And what good law that is.

Since we are all living on earth and breathing in the same water and air....and we are all images of God's reflection....then every human is our neighbor and worthy of our love.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:49 PM

63,813 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
You are too kind. I don't know as much about every verse and its interpretation as some though.

You are right......Esau is a great story of reconcilliation with Jacob.

No way dude! I am an American. Ethnically I am part Welsh, but I am genetically more a Swede, Swiss and French I believe...with a touch of Austrian too....based on my ancestry stuff.

Supposedly my Welsh ancestors were Quakers that moved to Pennsylvania.

You are too kind!

That is awesome! I know that some English like the Puritans left England to the Netherlands before coming to America!

That is awesome!

We are all related, no matter where we come from! No matter country, color, nation, etc...we are all different reflections of God...but reflections of his image so we are all siblings that must love each other.

My bf is of German and English heritage....as far as I know I don't have those two groups, but we are still related by God as you point out!

Oh yeah! Not too much though....I am a fitness junkie!

And what good law that is.

Since we are all living on earth and breathing in the same water and air....and we are all images of God's reflection....then every human is our neighbor and worthy of our love.
As Azeem, the Moor said in the movie Robin Hood Prince of Thieves when asked why his face was painted - "Because Allah loves wondrous varieties."

Old 08-20-2019, 08:59 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Im not so sure about this!

I read something interesting awhile back about one the largest Genealogy service companies, and how apparently they own the rights to many former Govt UFO report databases, they had actually filed suit against someone for attempting to publish UFO reports that were said to be owned by them, basically the Genealogy company was trying to prevent the UFO reports from being published online (for some reason).

It was really weird, the article didnt go into much detail, but I was left wondering why a Genealogy company would own the rights to UFO report databases.

I will try to find that article tomorrow if I get some time.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:01 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,486 times
Quote:

I am in part...

1. Swedish!
2. French...

Love your neighbor.
"The Lord is the God of the living not of the dead."

" No peace for the wicked. No peace for all mankind ", saith the Lord.

God is still trying to make man in His image. But alas they still reject the One He sent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity