Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2022, 03:41 PM

344 posts, read 144,309 times

Advertisements

An entire bible page dedicated to the tongue. Anyone read it, or try and follow it?

Taming the Tongue
Jas 3:1* My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.*
Jas 3:2* For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.*
Jas 3:3* Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.*
Jas 3:4* Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.*
Jas 3:5* Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!*
Jas 3:6* And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.*
Jas 3:7* For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:*
Jas 3:8* But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.*
Jas 3:9* Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.*
Jas 3:10* Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.*
Jas 3:11* Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?*
Jas 3:12* Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 03:42 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Yep, I have read and thought on that passage

Old 09-20-2022, 03:48 PM

923 posts, read 237,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post
An entire bible page dedicated to the tongue. Anyone read it, or try and follow it?

Taming the Tongue
Jas 3:1* My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.*
Jas 3:2* For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.*
Jas 3:3* Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.*
Jas 3:4* Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.*
Jas 3:5* Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!*
Jas 3:6* And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.*
Jas 3:7* For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:*
Jas 3:8* But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.*
Jas 3:9* Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.*
Jas 3:10* Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.*
Jas 3:12* Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.*
Doesn't this sorta refute Free Will?

Old 09-20-2022, 07:32 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
When I was quite young, my father taught me 'if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all'.
Has served me well my whole life!

Old 09-21-2022, 03:21 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaEnd View Post

Taming the Tongue
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity