Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:04 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In the here, and now.
The kingdom is in/among us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 08:42 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,861,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Well, if you pray for something, but understand that God could (not will) say no, is that doubt?

God answers all prayers. Sometimes the answer is no. We just have to accept what is best for us.

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:20 AM

35 posts, read 45,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Well in my understanding one has to read vv. 6-8 to get the context of the question you are asking. It is that of a person who will not trust God, he is as unstable as a wave. He is not asking in faith. There is doubt.
( look up Eph. 4:14).
He is doubleminded because he trusts God but yet does not trust completely. His heart is not simply given up to God.
James 4:8 goes along with this verse.
God is always ready to accept those who truly come Him. The doubleminded are those Christians divided in their heart's love between God and the world.
The person is bouncing back and forth like in Eph. 4:14 it says toss to and fro..
He is not trusting completely!!!
Is it possible to trust partially? I thought you just trust or you don't.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Double-minded is like having two masters. It is thirsting for and hungering for living both for God and the horned fella.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:29 PM

6 posts, read 5,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
God answers all prayers. Sometimes the answer is no. We just have to accept what is best for us.
I used to believe that....
BUT
it was over-come by the TRUTH as follows . . .
“But your iniquities have separated [you] between you and your CREATOR, and your sins have hid HIS face from you, that HE will not hear.†Isa. 59: 2

“Now we know that GOD hears NOT sinners, but if anyone be a minister of GOD, and does HIS will, them HE hears.†John 9: 31 (You may need to re-read that until you understand to â€DO IT!â€)

“For the eyes of the WORD are over the righteous, and HIS ears are open unto their prayers, but the face of the WORD is against them that do evil.’ 1 Peter 3: 12 (WOW that is what GOD said!)

‘Then you answered and said unto me, ‘We have sinned against the WORD, according to all that the WORD our GOD commanded us. [But] we will go up and fight. And when you had girded on every man his weapons of war, you were ready to go up into the hill. [to fight.]’ ‘And the WORD said unto me, Say unto them, ‘Go not up, neither fight; for I am not among you; lest you be smitten before your enemies.’
“So I spoke unto you; and you would not hear, but rebelled against the commandment of the WORD. . . And you returned and wept before the WORD, but the WORD would not hearken to your voice, nor give ear unto you. “ Deu 1:43, 44

“They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the WORD, but HE answered them not.†Psa. 18: 41

“The righteous cry, and the WORD hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles.†Psa 34:17

“The WORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.â€Pro. 15:29 (POINT BLANK, arrow of Truth into all carnal minds.)

“They are turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refused to hear MY WORDS; and they went after other false gods to serve them: the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant which I made with their fathers. Therefore this says the WORD, ‘Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them.’†Jer. 11:10-11

“Therefore will I also deal in fury, MY eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, and though they cry in MY ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.†Ezek. 8: 18
HE knows your “motives!â€

"And you, Solomon my son, know you the CREATOR of your father, and serve HIM with a perfect heart and with a willing mind, for the WORD searches all hearts, and understands all the imaginations of the thoughts: if you seek HIM, he will be found of you; but if you forsake HIM, HE will cast you off for ever.†1Chron. 28:9

“And HE said unto them, ‘You are they which justify yourselves before men; but GOD knows your hearts: . . .†Luke 16: 15

"For the WORD of GOD is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword . . . . and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Heb 4: 12

"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in HIS sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of HIM [the WORD] with whom we have to do." Heb 4: 13

So according to these WORDS of CREATION, the TRUTH is . . .the PURE of of Ysrael does NOT "listen to sinners, but they who minister HIS WORD, them HE HEARS!" (HE said that, not me.)

So who answers the "prayers" of a sinner?
Answer. . . The one who promised to give CHRIST things, in the wilderness, IF HE bowed down to him. That is who is "blessing" a sinner!

SO the "prayer" is to all . . .

"That the WORDS of TRUTH, sanctify wholly, your mind, body and soul, that you be created whole, preserved blameless, unto the return of the manifested WORD . . ."1 Thes. 5: 24 "FINISHED ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN!". . . SO BE IT according to HIS WORDS!"

So the TRUTH of what the WORDS of CREATION states, is wholly different to what some say the do NOT listen to the ONE LIVING WORD, WHO is beating their "loaner" hearts and WHO is waiting for them to GIVE UP "human" ideals, precepts, concepts and OBEY HIS WORDS.

Since HE IS beating your "loaner" heart, than just LISTENING to that VOICE, shutting out the "carnal human" minded jabbering, ...... Fasting..... and Allowing HIS WORDS to be your ONLY Creator, and LIVE as HIS CREATED. (SEE Isa. 58: 6-8 for the reason of "fasting," until ALL those Promises are FILL-FULL.)

IF anyone TRIES to do that "their" way, they will NEVER make it, because they are NOT the CREATOR, the LIVING WORD is the ONLY ONE CREATOR.

HOW TO.....
SO.... JUST .... "Allow that MIND be in you as was (and IS) in Yehoshua the CHRIST." Phil 2: 5

And how LONG does it take it to "ALLOW!"

The LIVING WORD stated thru John Westley .... "Sanctification is instantaneous and NOT a long drawn out process."
(that always stirs up those TRYING to work out "THEIR" own sanctification, and establish "THEIR" own righteousness.)

[quote=God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.[/quote]

I use to believe that also.... past tense!

1. Why not instead of TELLING GOD what to do.
WHY not just DOING what HE TELLS you to do!

We have HIS "instruction" book on "How to ALLOW," the ONLY ONE CREATOR DO thru us.

2. WHEN HIS MIND is RULING, how could anyone have any doubts on "knowing the difference," when HE is doing the THINKING! (That wasn't really a question.)

Beside..... I've RE-read the whole WORD of CREATION a bunch of times, did many many word searches, and NEVER found that wordage anywhere in HIS WORD.
SO until I am shown that ... book .... chapter and verse.... I will believe the the "human" mind came up with that and NOT GOD!

When the "carnal" / human FINALLY comes to this conclusion, wholly (fully).....
"I for myself can DO NOTHING, it is the WORDS of CREATION within me that does ALL THE WORK!" John 5:30-32 They are Given peace, and rest from "their own" works, and the CREATOR DOES IT ALL.

A most natural out-come, to state the least.

So ..... "ALLOW!" By ceasing from your own works!

Old 12-17-2012, 09:55 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
What exactly is a double-minded man? I know that I can feel one way one day, and then feel something different the next. Sometimes I think I am just wishy-washy. Am I a double-minded man? I am not double-minded as far as the Lord goes though. Your thoughts, please.
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

I believe and have faith / I don't believe and have no faith

Which is it?

Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Well, if you pray for something, but understand that God could (not will) say no, is that doubt?
no... its reason and understanding that God is in control and what we want might not be in the best interest for ourselves.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nita85 View Post
so what can you do when you love a person that is doubleminded, and the know the word and love God but when things dont go their way or hasn't manifested and they start going to the clubs, drinking, hanging with the wrong people that are out there, knowing that its wrong and havent been to bible study or church on sunday for weeks that turn into months? help
you can pray for them and never listen to some of the ignorant responses on this board.

Pray hard and have your church pray for him as well. Dont give up.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:52 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Well in my understanding one has to read vv. 6-8 to get the context of the question you are asking. It is that of a person who will not trust God, he is as unstable as a wave. He is not asking in faith. There is doubt.
( look up Eph. 4:14).
He is doubleminded because he trusts God but yet does not trust completely. His heart is not simply given up to God.
James 4:8 goes along with this verse.
God is always ready to accept those who truly come Him. The doubleminded are those Christians divided in their heart's love between God and the world.
The person is bouncing back and forth like in Eph. 4:14 it says toss to and fro..
He is not trusting completely!!!
So, a man who prays to HaShem for guidence, and then turns around and decides for himself...

Old 12-18-2012, 04:32 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Yes you are right. How can you pray in faith and effectively if you are not sure it's Gods will what you are praying for?.

Jesus said "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.

Pray for others as you would have them pray for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity