Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 03:12 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,061,236 times

Advertisements

Why is it we Christians only seem to see Jesus as the babe in the manger, the Lamb of God, the pure sacrifice hanging on the cross and as pure love? Even though this is all true, the book of Revelation shows Jesus coming back as the Lion of Judah not the Lamb of God. (REVELATION 5:5)

And in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garmet down to the feet and girdled about the chest with a gold band. His head and hair were white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters. He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But, He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last." REVELATION 1:13-17

And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. REVELATION 4:3 (If you notice: He is not sleeping in a manger or riding a donkey.)

I think we all forget sometimes that we serve the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. The sacrifice on the cross is not who Jesus is but what He did for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 03:19 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,366 times
Well, if we're to base our lives trying to model ourselves in Christ's image, exactly which of your Jesus' would you say is shown to us in the gospels?

It's not 'verses' it's 'versus' and it's not one or the other, it's both.

My King of Kings is a Lion and a Lamb.

He ALWAYS brought grace and forgiveness to the humble and pure of heart(tax-collectors, sinners, adulteresses, thieves) and Law and judgment to the proud and self-righteous(Pharisees, 'holy' folks, traditionalists and religious).

Old 09-18-2008, 03:21 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Even though this is all true, the book of Revelation shows Jesus coming back as the Lion of Judah not the Lamb of God. (REVELATION 5:5)
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain... (Rev 5:6)

One of the most bone chilling verses in all of the bible, imo.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Well, if we're to base our lives trying to model ourselves in Christ's image, exactly which of your Jesus' would you say is shown to us in the gospels?

He ALWAYS brought grace and forgiveness to the humble and pure of heart(tax-collectors, sinners, adulteresses, thieves) and Law and judgment to the proud and self-righteous(Pharisees, 'holy' folks, traditionalists and religious).

Thanks for help with my spelling. Whoops

I think my point was that many Christians don't see Him both ways.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain... (Rev 5:6)

One of the most bone chilling verses in all of the bible, imo.

Very good point.

He appeared there as the Lamb because the sacrifice of the cross is what gave Him the legal right to open the scroll.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:51 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,758 times
Quote:
Why is it we Christians only seem to see Jesus as the babe in the manger, the Lamb of God, the pure sacrifice hanging on the cross and as pure love? Even though this is all true, the book of Revelation shows Jesus coming back as the Lion of Judah not the Lamb of God. (REVELATION 5:5)

And in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garmet down to the feet and girdled about the chest with a gold band. His head and hair were white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire; His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters. He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But, He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last." REVELATION 1:13-17

And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. REVELATION 4:3 (If you notice: He is not sleeping in a manger or riding a donkey.)

I think we all forget sometimes that we serve the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. The sacrifice on the cross is not who Jesus is but what He did for us.

Very good point...rep for you!

Bud

Old 09-18-2008, 04:53 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

Alpha,

That is so true!!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:31 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
Quote:

I couldn't agree more, Sandgirl. There's no time for passiveness and weakness in these last days. The time for agressiveness has arrived, the time for Christians to be speaking out loud and strong is NOW.

Yes, for heaven's sake, Jesus was perfect and we should all strive to be like Him. But what is more important right now......trying to be on our best behavior or spreading the gospel to a lost world that is coming to an end? I'm sure I'll take a reaming for this one, but I'm kinda getting used to it.

I'm just sick and tired of the pansy complacency that I'm seeing here and in RL. Speak up, Christians!! Look at the people around you, and ask yourselves which ones you could possibly help save from going to hell! Get some good pamphlets, or type up a form letter to hand out if the words won't come out of your mouth!!

Btw, Sandgirl, I tried to rep you, but you know the rest.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:35 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
Default Btw...

Sandgirl, the name of your thread reminded me of this website, and I hope you don't mind but I thought I would post it because I really like David Reagan and his teachings and others might find the site useful as well.

Home - Lamb & Lion Ministries - Bible Prophecy Ministry Proclaiming the Soon Return of Jesus Christ

Old 09-18-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I couldn't agree more, Sandgirl. There's no time for passiveness and weakness in these last days. The time for agressiveness has arrived, the time for Christians to be speaking out loud and strong is NOW.

Yes, for heaven's sake, Jesus was perfect and we should all strive to be like Him. But what is more important right now......trying to be on our best behavior or spreading the gospel to a lost world that is coming to an end? I'm sure I'll take a reaming for this one, but I'm kinda getting used to it.

I'm just sick and tired of the pansy complacency that I'm seeing here and in RL. Speak up, Christians!! Look at the people around you, and ask yourselves which ones you could possibly help save from going to hell! Get some good pamphlets, or type up a form letter to hand out if the words won't come out of your mouth!!

Btw, Sandgirl, I tried to rep you, but you know the rest.

The time is so short, I just don't feel we can compromise on the truth. It might be a persons last chance to hear it. We should fish while it is still light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity