Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 11:41 AM

869 posts, read 1,494,878 times

Advertisements

Now I grew up in a very religious area and went to a southern baptist church but was taught to accept everyone as they are. I dont understand why some (not all) christians condemn homosexuals for their sexual orientation. Can someone tell me why? Isnt it unchristianlike to judge someone? You arent gay so why are you so concerned with their eternal soul, isnt that G*ds decision? If G*d made people the way they are supposed to be how can being homosexuality be bad? No attacking or nastiness, just honest answers

Old 01-19-2012, 12:04 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave5150 View Post
Now I grew up in a very religious area and went to a southern baptist church but was taught to accept everyone as they are. I dont understand why some (not all) christians condemn homosexuals for their sexual orientation. Can someone tell me why? Isnt it unchristianlike to judge someone? You arent gay so why are you so concerned with their eternal soul, isnt that G*ds decision? If G*d made people the way they are supposed to be how can being homosexuality be bad? No attacking or nastiness, just honest answers
Lie:

1. God made you gay.

2. It is unChristianlike to judge.

Truth:

1. Having sex outside of marriage is a sin. Having sex with the same sex is abomination...a sin.

2. A Christian is to judge with righteous judgement.

...but you must know God and have a faithful relationship with Him and be filled with the Holy Spirit in order to know these truths. I pray that you do come to know Him and what it is to have an intimate relationship with Him...it truly is a liberating...beautiful...life changing experience!

God Bless you,
Verna.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:04 PM

Thanks for your input. I have another question, how does one know that it is an abomination?

Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,835,338 times
I'm not hardcore Christian, but my mother was. She always said that being gay goes against what God wants, therefore, it is a sin.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:13 PM

What I dont understand is why doesn't god want it?

Old 01-19-2012, 01:16 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times
If you stop worrying about the opinions of other people, then maybe you wouldn't feel condemned. I'm a Christian and I'm condemned by atheist and other people everyday. But I don't care. I keep living my life despite it. I don't listen to what they have to say first of all, and second, I shrug it off and keep on stepping. Your always going to find Christians who are all about condemning people and hell and all that. And your always going to find Christians who don't do that. I find some gays downright annoying who are in my face about their lifestyle and some gays who are just living their life doing them pleasant to be around. It's not a big issue. You make it into one if you actually sit there and listen to somebody else's opinion about your life. Live your OWN life and stop listening to other people.

As for your other comments, read the Bible sometime and educate yourself.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
It's pointless trying to explain to someone if you do not have the fear of God in the first place. You will never understand without faith first and the fear of God.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:25 PM

No need to talk down to me, I am aware of msny different circumstances presented in the bible but honestly want to know why some people believe how they do. I personally dont think god rules by fear and doesn't want me to fear him. I know the bible says not to judge righteously or otherwise. What I don't know is why god is against homosexuality and I want answers from christians and to ask follow up questions about that.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
No need to talk down to me, I am aware of msny different circumstances presented in the bible but honestly want to know why some people believe how they do. I personally dont think god rules by fear and doesn't want me to fear him.
Oh really?

Proverbs 3:7
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

You will never understand without the fear of God.

Quote:
I know the bible says not to judge righteously or otherwise. What I don't know is why god is against homosexuality and I want answers from christians and to ask follow up questions about that.
The better question is why are you asking Christians when you can go directly to the source and read the Bible and find out for yourself? Like most people of the liberal persuasion, you'd rather get your answer from Christians because what you really want to do is give yourself a reason to attack us. Your not mad at us. Your mad at God. I'm not going to give you leeway to attack me with follow up questions. No Christian with sense would. Without the fear of God, you will never understand. It doesn't matter if a Christian gave you the direct answer to your question. You still wouldn't understand. Trust me, I know. I've been through this with other gays and atheist a thousand times.

Last edited by allenk893; 01-19-2012 at 01:55 PM..

Old 01-19-2012, 01:36 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,013,181 times
Quote:
I'am guessing it has something to do with destruction/blocking of seed (reproduction)....who's not guilty of blocking seed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity