Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How tough is it to love the unlovable
I love all people at all times as a believer 0 0%
It's very tough to love some people 13 68.42%
I don't love someone unless they love me first 0 0%
I don't feel it's necessary to love someone that's not lovable 6 31.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:07 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,449 times

Advertisements

Poll again
As a Believer
It is easier to love someone that you are comfortable with?
or are you able to love someone different than you?
Give a reason why;
Thanks
----------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 06:20 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,843 times
My favorite poem:
To live above with saints we love, oh what glory
But to live below with saints we know, that's another story

I think just because we are human we tend to lean toward people who are like us...since we probably think we are right most of the time. When people rub you the wrong way you really have to learn to be long-suffering and slow to anger. But then sometimes that stretches us which is good too.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:37 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,620,576 times
Nice thread, Y. I suppose I'm not like most people...I have a tendency to love the most unlovable people imaginable. I accept everyone as they are, but it can really get you into trouble.

I've had to adjust my nature, which is to embrace everyone because I'm so down to earth. It's true. In order to live as a righteous, Godly person I cannot become friends with everyone. I've had to learn to love without befriending, unless they have the same beliefs and morals as myself.

So anyway, for me loving the unlovable isn't the hard part...it's not allowing them to walk ALL over me. There are ways to help and love without that happening. I had to do something just recently, but it involved helping someone who absolutely HATES me. Wow, has God done some miraculous work in me because before I got right with Christ I would have NEVER helped someone who had done such awful things to me, and still feels such hatred towards me.

We really do become a whole new person in Jesus Christ.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Sorry guys and gals ,
I forgot to post the poll
Indicative of my logging off and eating my supper
Blood sugar must have dropped,
lack of clarity in my thought processes (*_*)
God Bless You

Old 11-08-2008, 06:45 PM

Okay ;
I fixed the poll,
driftwood and DOTL
you can vote now if you'd like;
thanks for your replies though
God Bless You

Old 11-08-2008, 06:52 PM

As for me;
I have to be honest.
It's hard as the dickens, to love those that are contrary and difficult to live with or work with
sometimes, I'd rather just punch their lights out, or "whack em just one good time..
But then I think about how happy I am that Jesus didn't make this option with me, the years I ran around being a Class A "jerk";
But this is a tough one for me.,
I'm growing more in this area, as I submit to the Lord; I'm more able to look beyond their faults ;
I'll get back with you on this one

Old 11-08-2008, 06:53 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,505,098 times
I can pretty easily love most people..I find myself drawn to the underdogs in this society, and often feel the need to stand up for them against my own friends and family..This often leads to unwanted arguements and accusations about me because they are not understanding, or tolerant of my motives..
I refuse to be boxed into a mindset of arrogance that I am better than anyone or that my belief is superior to anyone elses..

I find it very tough to love some of the more vocal ones who only hear their own words echoing back to them, as they pass judgements that are not theirs to give..We can't possibly put ourselves in the hearts and minds of others to know their reasons for doing some things we would never do ourselves..I try to be a good listener instead of a loud lecturer..

Old 11-08-2008, 07:38 PM

Thumbs up Words of Wisdom well said

[b][quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I can pretty easily love most people..I find myself drawn to the underdogs in this society, and often feel the need to stand up for them against my own friends and family..This often leads to unwanted arguements and accusations about me because they are not understanding, or tolerant of my motives..
I refuse to be boxed into a mindset of arrogance that I am better than anyone or that my belief is superior to anyone elses..

I find it very tough to love some of the more vocal ones who only hear their own words echoing back to them, as they pass judgements that are not theirs to give..We can't possibly put ourselves in the hearts and minds of others to know their reasons for doing some things we would never do ourselves..I try to be a good listener instead of a loud lecturer..

Words well said,
A lot of wisdom under your belt Blue;
A good listener, is a treasure my friend
"a diamond in the rough" I might add..
I can learn from this reply
God Bless You and Yours
thanks for your reply
Now let me see if I can rep ya!!
(hey don't forget Military appreciation week next week at Golden Corral)
Thanks for serving our country !!!!!
"Good Eats" yum yum

Old 11-08-2008, 07:40 PM

Geesh...
I'd thought the rep, would have changed by now
But our moderators have a tough enough job to do, policing this forum..
I won't complain ;
I owe you one Blue..........

Old 11-08-2008, 08:07 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,169,572 times
I don't really understand what you mean by "love"? I might care for people, but as far as love goes, not so much. I can only love my family and close friends, and caring for the rest. Even then, caring would be a generalization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity