Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:58 PM

302 posts, read 553,579 times

Advertisements

Dear Reader, This article is addressed to people who already say they have faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins and are still committing willful sin because they believe the great lie of Satan.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: "a good understanding have all they that do his commandments." Ps 111:10

From the beginning of time, Satan's plan has been to remove the fear of God from the hearts of men. The Serpent seduced Eve by convincing her that even if she disobeyed the commandment of God she would not die.

4 "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die." Gen 3:4

That pleasing lie is the foundation of every false religion. Do you think that those who teach re-incarnation are really saying: "You will not die"? When one knows what to look for, this same scheme is easily seen in most denominations of the modern Christian church.

As in all successful lies, there is an element of truth. The essence of Christ's teaching was that there would be some who would not die. The lie is to say that those who continue to disobey God will not die.
One version of The Great Lie is based upon the concept that some are chosen by God to be saved and thus no matter what commandments they choose to break, they 'shall not surely die.".

Another group's twist is that Jesus has "paid it all" and by believing in that doctrine, no matter how many sins one commits, he "shall not surely die."

One church is more clever. They say that one must keep the commandments of God, but if you break them (they say) you may confess that sin to the priest and "ye shall not surely die".

In each of the examples above, the doctrine is designed to remove the fear of God from those who continue to disobey the commandments of God. Thank God for the Bible! What does it have to say about the fear of God? Again we see that The Great Lie (Ye shall not surely die) has an element of truth. There is a way that the fear of God's punishment is removed - perfect love. The apostle John wrote on that very subject. He said:

"There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear, because fear hath punishment; and he that feareth is not made perfect in love." I Jn 4:18

There is the truth, it is not being chosen, it is not Jesus paying the price, and it is not confession to the priest that delivers us from fear of God's punishment. It is "PERFECT LOVE."

And what is "perfect love"? John explains: "Herein is love made perfect with us, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as he is, even so are we in this world. I Jn 4:17

That is the standard, we are to be like Jesus was in this world. He lived with out disobeying the commandments of God and so must those who follow Him.

The apostle made those facts absolutely clear earlier in His epistle. He wrote:
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

5 but whoso keepeth his word, in him verily hath the love of God been perfected. Hereby we know that we are in him:

6 he that saith he abideth in him ought himself also **to walk even as he walked.**

There it is for those who want to hear. We know we are in Christ if we walk as he walked. Jesus walked with out committing sin. He did not willfully disobey any of God's Commandments and so must we.

The Great Lie is designed to contradict this truth by removing the fear of God from those who do disobey God's commandments. It worked with Eve, and it works wonderfully well today. But those who listen to the Scriptures can avoid being deceived.

How? God made it easy to see Satan's scheme - if anyone offers a plan by which you can break God's commandments and still receive eternal life - they are echoing the Serpent's words...

"Ye shall not surely die."

Satan's plan is to remove the fear of God because the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, and by it men depart from evil. Remove the fear of God and there is no need to depart from evil.

Harold and Donna Kupp

Prov 1:7
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge:
but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

Prov 16:6
"By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil."

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by Alpha8207; 02-17-2009 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 01:47 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
YES!!!...My God Yes!!!...I've never heard God speak so loudly and so profoundly before in my entire life Donna! Between this thread and the thread on the people in Mathew 7...until tonight...I mean..it's like I'm hearing the Word of God for the very first time...and I've read the Bible more times than I can count! Revelation began this morning when I posted my #5-DISOBEDIENCE...I can not go into what I am going through right now (very personal)...but what I can say about it is this...I have been through the ringer!! Seriously!! Physically...mentally...and emotionally!! Wave upon wave upon wave...up and down, up and down, up and down...each time finding myself a little stronger than the time before....only to be slammed right back where I was...to have to be pulled out yet again! I know I probably sound like some kind of raging maniac or something...I can tell you...I've never experienced anything like this before in my entire life! God knows exactly what He is doing with me...He is testing my faith with everything He has...and I ponder...I reflect...I search for answers...He gives me answers! My flesh doesn't want to hear the answers I receive...but the Spirit in me loves the answers! I'm crying with a smile on my face...I'm weak...and I am strong!!...it's crazy!! I don't want it (the test)...because I don't want what comes along with it!...truth!! Truth pierces my soul! It's painful!!...but I want it more than anything in the world!

When Perfection comes...imperfection will melt away...

...forgive me...but I'm just trying to understand...thank you for your understanding...
Note: My choice of scripture above as my "status"..."The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom"...... coincidence? no way...amazing? totally!

Last edited by Verna Perry; 01-25-2009 at 01:58 AM..

Old 01-25-2009, 12:13 PM

381 posts, read 798,721 times
well, all i can say is:
what about the thief on the corss who didn't live a life like Jesus did, but confessed his sin at the end? what about him? Jesus said "surely this day you will be with me in paradise."

Paul taught He is the "substitionary atonment" a "propititation" for our sins.

Jesus was tempted but still remains the only human that did not sin....So where does that leave us? I strive to be like Jesus but I know I need him because I know I can't meet his standard of perfection.

You put some great word up there but at the start you seemed to suggest that:
he didn't pay our sin debt in full
He is not the atonement for our sins
and if don't live a life free of sin which is what alot of monks tried to do, then it is hopeless.

I like this verse In hebrews 10:26 If we knowingly sin after having recieved the knowledge of thetruth, then there no longer remains a sacrifice for our sins."

I can see your point if you suggest that we , who ,continue in our wickedness after jesus revealed himself to us, is setting themsleves up for judgment at the great white throne, the 2nd death.

the 1st death being our mortal bodies, the second one being death of the soul.

any comments?

Old 01-25-2009, 12:16 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
Dear Reader, This article is addressed to people who already say they have faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins and are still committing willful sin because they believe the great lie of Satan.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: "a good understanding have all they that do his commandments." Ps 111:10

From the beginning of time, Satan's plan has been to remove the fear of God from the hearts of men. The Serpent seduced Eve by convincing her that even if she disobeyed the commandment of God she would not die.

4 "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die." Gen 3:4

That pleasing lie is the foundation of every false religion. Do you think that those who teach re-incarnation are really saying: "You will not die"? When one knows what to look for, this same scheme is easily seen in most denominations of the modern Christian church.

As in all successful lies, there is an element of truth. The essence of Christ's teaching was that there would be some who would not die. The lie is to say that those who continue to disobey God will not die.
One version of The Great Lie is based upon the concept that some are chosen by God to be saved and thus no matter what commandments they choose to break, they 'shall not surely die.".

Another group's twist is that Jesus has "paid it all" and by believing in that doctrine, no matter how many sins one commits, he "shall not surely die."

One church is more clever. They say that one must keep the commandments of God, but if you break them (they say) you may confess that sin to the priest and "ye shall not surely die".

In each of the examples above, the doctrine is designed to remove the fear of God from those who continue to disobey the commandments of God. Thank God for the Bible! What does it have to say about the fear of God? Again we see that The Great Lie (Ye shall not surely die) has an element of truth. There is a way that the fear of God's punishment is removed - perfect love. The apostle John wrote on that very subject. He said:

"There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear, because fear hath punishment; and he that feareth is not made perfect in love." I Jn 4:18

There is the truth, it is not being chosen, it is not Jesus paying the price, and it is not confession to the priest that delivers us from fear of God's punishment. It is "PERFECT LOVE."

And what is "perfect love"? John explains: "Herein is love made perfect with us, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as he is, even so are we in this world. I Jn 4:17

That is the standard, we are to be like Jesus was in this world. He lived with out disobeying the commandments of God and so must those who follow Him.

The apostle made those facts absolutely clear earlier in His epistle. He wrote:
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

5 but whoso keepeth his word, in him verily hath the love of God been perfected. Hereby we know that we are in him:

6 he that saith he abideth in him ought himself also **to walk even as he walked.**

There it is for those who want to hear. We know we are in Christ if we walk as he walked. Jesus walked with out committing sin. He did not willfully disobey any of God's Commandments and so must we.

The Great Lie is designed to contradict this truth by removing the fear of God from those who do disobey God's commandments. It worked with Eve, and it works wonderfully well today. But those who listen to the Scriptures can avoid being deceived.

How? God made it easy to see Satan's scheme - if anyone offers a plan by which you can break God's commandments and still receive eternal life - they are echoing the Serpent's words...

"Ye shall not surely die."

Satan's plan is to remove the fear of God because the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, and by it men depart from evil. Remove the fear of God and there is no need to depart from evil.

Harold and Donna Kupp

Prov 1:7
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge:
but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

Prov 16:6
"By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil."

The Seven Deadly Deceptions Of Counterfeit Christianity
http://www.freetruth.info
Fantastic post Donna!!! Rep for you on the way!!!

Old 01-25-2009, 09:04 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,694,526 times
Amen......!!! Blessings to you Donna!
Praises to God our Father!!

Old 01-25-2009, 09:48 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,010 times
Quote:
I agree that we must not willfully sin. At the same time, if all you think about is "not sinning", then chances are you probably will. After all, it is the carnal mind playing tricks on us.

When you walk according to the Spirit of Life, the actual "desire" to sin goes against your very nature. Jesus, having never sinned, not because He couldn't, but because of His Love for Father and for YOU....as it went against His nature, as He walked IN the Spirit.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:16 AM

Hotin Az,

she is trying to suggest that live a perfect life here on earth and it can't be done.

WORD, " those who think they stand, take heed, lest you fall.

Look at Israel, god's chosen. how many times were they delivered, freed, and delivered.

God only chastens the ones he loves WORD!, because he knows we can't live a life totally free of sin on earth.

This battle of the flesh and the spirit keeps on.

I just regret that she doens't want to have a simple discussion.

The thief on the cross is the easiest way to dismiss this entire teaching

HIS LIFE WAS ONE OF TOTAL SIN ALL THE WAY TO EXECTUION, BUT HE ASKED GOD FOR MERCY. AND GOT IT!!

I have a right to be here too. and I hear something that In know isn't biblical, im coming out with it. sorry for hurt feelings.

This sword of truth will peirce even to the division of soul and spirit.

Lastly, read ROMANS 7 where Paul laments that the things he should do , he doesn't and the things he shouldn't do he does.

Paul said, i am chief among you a sinner. how about that! the greatest apostle preahcing he knows he is a sinnner and will sin again, but thank God we have a savior

Old 01-26-2009, 06:44 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,010 times
Is it possible to live a life of perfection? No. We all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

On the other hand, once a person has been Born-Again, and has the Spirit of Christ indwelling in their hearts, does perfection come? In other words, can a person still willfully sin, and maintain this perfction? I would find this hard to believe. Yes, we are called to overcome the flesh, and this I still struggle with, as well. But it is getting easier day by day.

I do not dwell on the Law, and that struggle. I dwell on the fact, that sinning goes against the essence of my Redeemer. It goes against the commands of my King. And it makes something that is perfect, imperfect, that is Jesus's Blood, and if it showers my sins to be blotted out from the memory of Father, then pray tell me, why I would still commit those same sins? It would mean that I am not grateful, nor humbled, nor forgiving, and most importantly, unrepentant.

My goal, along with the help of the Spirit of the Perfection, that is Jesus's Spirit, IS to overcome this world, and it's desires. By overcoming it's desires, temptation is overcome. If temptations are overcome, then sin has no chance of manifesting in our lives. For myself, that is the definition of a overcomer, and picking up that cross, and following our King.

To say it is impossible to lead a sinless life, is to say that God is not God, and that Jesus is not His Son. Jesus had no advantage over the rest of us. He just simply loved His Father and You so much that He could not, and would not fall into temptation and sin. That is the power of Love!! That is the purest perfect definition of a overcomer:

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."

Also we see these verses confirmed by those after Jesus had died, and was risen:

2Pe 2:20
For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.

And the final summation to all of this??

1Jo 5:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.

Faith is active. We live by it, period. By faith we do the things we do, whether we believe it or not. But at the same time, the thing that should drive our faith, is our Love. Love for our Father, and Love for ALL of His creation. Without Love, where is the faith? Without faith, where is the Love?

Old 01-26-2009, 07:08 AM

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

The only thing you'll have if you try to live a perfect sinless life, (remember , just break one part fo the law and you're done, kaput!!)

is Torment. these folks suggest you can!!

I'm turning this great lie , which is the great lie back on the prince of lies.

I'm saved , devil, and you cannot snatch me out of my father's hands.

thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus, praise and glory to you, forever..

you may try to curse me before the throne as you did , Joshua, but
Jesus made a spectacle of you at Calvary and triumphed over you.

this is my hope, this is my salvation.... i have been delivered from death. I have a room in god's mansion. He has prepared a place for me..

Old 01-26-2009, 09:12 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I agree that we must not willfully sin. At the same time, if all you think about is "not sinning", then chances are you probably will. After all, it is the carnal mind playing tricks on us.

When you walk according to the Spirit of Life, the actual "desire" to sin goes against your very nature. Jesus, having never sinned, not because He couldn't, but because of His Love for Father and for YOU....as it went against His nature, as He walked IN the Spirit.

Jesus never sinned because He was God in the flesh!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity