Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 12:06 AM

27 posts, read 46,044 times

Advertisements

Many thanks to all of you who posted that you are praying for my wife. I also wish to thank the many of you who have been praying for her without posting that you have been doing so. Your prayers have been greatly appreciated.

Wednesday morning Linda was taken for a chemically induced stress test. She passed it. Then, about 2 hours later, she was taken for a radioactive isotope test. Then, an hour or so after that, they took her for another radioactive isotope test.

Then came a V-E-R-Y Long wait for the Doctor to show up and tell us what he found and what he thought should be done. He arrived in her room about 10 PM.

He could find nothing wrong with her heart. He suggested that it may have been an anxiety (stress) attack or reflux. He said either could mimic a heart attack.

Needless to say, the hospital discharged her late last night. We got home at about 11:30 PM. I ask your forgiveness for not updating you on this last night, but I had to be up at 4:30 AM to go to work, and both she and I were dead-beat-tired.

This afternoon, the hospital called and told me they have a financial assistance program to help with the hospital bills. There is even the chance they may waive all fees through one of their programs called Charity Care - for patients who are just not able to pay for the hospital bills.

Linda is a legal Permanent Resident, but not yet a citizen of the USA. Since she is not a citizen yet, she is not eligible for Medicaid or Medicare. And my income for the first quarter of this year is about half of what it was this same time last year. But we have been through worse (about 6 1/2 years ago I went through a 6 month period of NO income and NO savings - we know what the bottom of the barrel looks like -- from the underside) and God brought us through that. Doesn't scripture say - with God, all things are possible?

Anyway and again, I thank all of you for your prayers.

Pastor Kevin

P.S. Over the next few days, I will try to reply - individually - to those of you who posted replies to the original request and subsequent updates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 12:14 AM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Wonderful news!
Thank you so much for taking the time to give an update.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:21 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,705,401 times
Great news!! You have been in my prayers.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:19 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,277,938 times
June: Very relieved to learn it isn't her heart!!!

Anxiety attacks: Breathing exercises, and if that doesn't work, there's always medication.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,886,463 times
Hooooooooraaayyyy! And praise the Lord! That is good news!

Bud

Old 02-26-2010, 07:41 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
Many thanks for that update..I am so glad your wife'c condition is not heart related and so thankful that the hospital told you about the program to pay the tab..

Old 02-27-2010, 08:59 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,330,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Hooooooooraaayyyy! And praise the Lord! That is good news!

Bud
My sentiment exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity