Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had doubts about God's existence??
Yes 16 66.67%
No 8 33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 02:42 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,504,238 times

Advertisements

Have you ever had doubts about God's existence??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 02:50 PM

852 posts, read 1,366,085 times
I don't think I'm alone in saying yes.
However, He fully gave me the blows I needed to maintain and keep my faith in Him as I went through life.
I don't really know the point of this poll.
Just because we had a doubt at one time doesn't mean that we don't fully and completely believe in all now.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:02 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,169,042 times
You aren't alone, Sherry.

Old 02-15-2009, 06:58 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I don't think I'm alone in saying yes.
However, He fully gave me the blows I needed to maintain and keep my faith in Him as I went through life.
I don't really know the point of this poll.
Just because we had a doubt at one time doesn't mean that we don't fully and completely believe in all now.
"I believe, help me with my unbelief."

You are definitely not alone.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:49 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,261,491 times
I believe in God but there have been times in my life where my faith has been heavily tested.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:04 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,443,462 times
How can I say this, even as a little girl ..........I knew "something" was there. I knew that though, I did'nt "fit in" with the crowd, there was "something there" and this 'something" loved me. I just did'nt know what it was! Am I making sense to anyone? And yet, through the struggles of my young adulthood, it's only when I ACTUALLY called on Him, I knew without a doubt, that He was real. He showed up! He saved me!

I don't think I ever doubted He was real, I just did'nt believe. But I do now and I can assure you all, He reallll, realer (is there such a word?) than than the next breath you'll take, for without Him, it's impossible.

Yes, He's real people, if only you'll believe.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:16 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
I think as we mature we learn to question everything.
I would be suspect of a person who did not say that they doubted.
To me, there is nothing wrong with this. Questioning and doubting can only result in greater truth.
If you are sincere and pray that if there is anything 'out there', just ask that it be revealed to you in a way that you'll understand if IT intends for you to be a believer.
God is not asleep. We are all connected to IT.
You will get a response, a way will be opened.
Maybe a book.
Maybe an insight in your life, spurred by a passing word overheard in a crowd.
Just be sincere and ask for understanding and keep your heart and mind open.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
no but serious doubts about my own.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:49 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,353,326 times
I put this on another thread that was made this morning about doubting God, so I thought I would put it here as well...

"For the record, the poll about "doubting in God" asked, have you EVER... to which I, and some other Christians answered yes. That does not mean we ever doubted His existence during our walk with Him, but at some point in our life. Like with me, it was before I became a Christian. I can't answer for others."

Old 02-16-2009, 06:55 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I put this on another thread that was made this morning about doubting God, so I thought I would put it here as well...

"For the record, the poll about "doubting in God" asked, have you EVER... to which I, and some other Christians answered yes. That does not mean we ever doubted His existence during our walk with Him, but at some point in our life. Like with me, it was before I became a Christian. I can't answer for others."
Exactly Jamie.

I think the only folks who've never had doubts about God probably think they are one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity