Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 06:26 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,702 times

Advertisements

Now I have a lot more to say about this, but it is hard to get it across to you since you’ve picked up this bad habit of not listening. By this time you ought to be teachers yourselves, yet here I find you need someone to sit down with you and go over the basics on God again, starting from square one—baby’s milk, when you should have been on solid food long ago! Milk is for beginners, inexperienced in God’s ways; solid food is for the mature, who have some practice in telling right from wrong.
You’re blessed when you’ve lost it all.
God’s kingdom is there for the finding.
You’re blessed when you’re ravenously hungry.
Then you’re ready for the Messianic meal.
You’re blessed when the tears flow freely.
Joy comes with the morning.
But it’s trouble ahead if you think you have it made.
What you have is all you’ll ever get.
And it’s trouble ahead if you’re satisfied with yourself.
Your self will not satisfy you for long.
And it’s trouble ahead if you think life’s all fun and games.
There’s suffering to be met, and you’re going to meet it.
when troubles come and all these awful things happen to you, in future days you will come back to God, your God, and listen obediently to what he says.
He Fierce troubles came down on the people of those churches, pushing them to the very limit. The trial exposed their true colors: They were incredibly happy, though desperately poor. The pressure triggered something totally unexpected: an outpouring of pure and generous gifts.
Go ahead! Cry out for help to the gods you’ve chosen—let them get you out of the mess you’re in!”
The People of Israel said to God: “We’ve sinned. Do to us whatever you think best, but please, get us out of this!”
Then they cleaned house of the foreign gods and worshiped only God. And God took Israel’s troubles to heart.
[CENTER][CENTER]Now you want nothing to do with your God, the very God who has a history of getting you out of troubles of all sorts.[/CENTER][/CENTER]
“And now you say, ‘No! We want a king; give us a king!’
“We Just as I honored your life today, may God honor my life and rescue me from all trouble.”
There is no soil of character, and so when the emotions wear off and some difficulty arrives, there is nothing to show for it.
This is going to be trouble on a scale beyond what the world has ever seen, or will see again. 22If these days of trouble were left to run their course, nobody would make it. But on account of God’s chosen people, the trouble will be cut short.
I’ve told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.”
puting muscle and sinew in the lives of the disciples, urging them to stick with what they had begun to believe and not quit, making it clear to them that it wouldn’t be easy: “Anyone signing up for the kingdom of God has to go through plenty of hard times.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 06:52 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Quote:
You’re blessed when the tears flow freely.
Joy comes with the morning.
But it’s trouble ahead if you think you have it made.
What you have is all you’ll ever get.
And it’s trouble ahead if you’re satisfied with yourself.
Your self will not satisfy you for long.
And it’s trouble ahead if you think life’s all fun and games.
There’s suffering to be met, and you’re going to meet it.
when troubles come and all these awful things happen to you, in future days you will come back to God, your God, and listen obediently to what he says
Amen. Thanks for sharing and God bless.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:59 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,702 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Amen. Thanks for sharing and God bless.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:14 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times
Default I'm learning...and I am compelled to say...

...that the only way one will ever come to the knowledge of the truth of God...and I'm talking about HIS truth...pure and holy that it is...singular...stands alone...is to step back, and away from the beliefs and opinions and interpretations and institutions of mankind...confess your sins to God on your knees...pray to God to reveal His truth to you AS YOU READ HIS HOLY WORD AND STUDY IT LINE BY LINE, PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT AND COMPARE SPIRITUAL THINGS WITH SPIRITUAL THINGS...pray more..and continue praying without ceasing...AS YOU READ HIS HOLY WORD AND STUDY IT LINE BY LINE, PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT AND COMPARE SPIRITUAL THINGS WITH SPIRITUAL THINGS...CONTINUE PRAYING WITHOUT CEASING...crying out to God and confessing your sins...seeking HIS heart...seeking HIS presence...pray to Him to REVEAL HIS TRUTH to YOU...do not rely on others for God's truth about YOUR salvation...no matter what you believe is truth...do not be confident in that what you believe is the TOTAL truth...because somewhere in that truth that you are believing in is a lie...find out for yourselves what is the truth and what is the lie...once you find a truth to trump a lie...there is yet another lie to uncover...as you remain on this path, you will experience an extraordinarily, explodingly, powerful increase in your knowledge of HIS truth...THEN, when you hear a true prophet of God that has been sent to you to warn you and encourage you in these last days, you will have the word of God imprinted upon your heart and you will know the truth when it hits your ears...and you will not be confused, decieved, or misled...NO ONE has reached the point of total truth, and until our KING comes we will not ever reach the point of TOTAL truth...but the Bible is God's plan for our salvation...His Word and His Word ALONE...as it is written...in every letter of every word of every sentence in this Book is a timeline, and His end-time plan is in there TO BE FOUND by those who are serious about wanting to be prepared to be SAVED...there are laws...principals...proceedures...requirements...a nd CONTINGENCIES that must be met in order to be saved...BLESSINGS CONTINGENT UPON OBEDIENCE. IF YOU RELY UPON THE DOCTRINE OF YOUR "DENOMINATION" << (WHATEVER IT IS), YOU ARE IN TROUBLE. YOU CAN ONLY DEPEND ON GOD'S WORD ALONE TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH...BUT YOU MUST KNOW THAT HIS TRUTH IS HIDDEN, TO BE UNCOVERED, it isn't just reading scripture....it is spiritual...only the Holy Spirit can reveal truth to you AS YOU STUDY AND SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED FOR THE REVEALING!!...There are a few who have truly been blessed by God with the revealing of HIS truth...but even they do not have THE COMPLETE truth as yet, but what they have been given by God to them is the truth they DO know, because they have proven scripture with scripture like I am explaining here, if it is SCRIPTURE UPON SCRIPTURE PROVEN << this is INTEGRITY IN GOD'S WORD, and it is given to them specifically so they can give it to us WHO KNOW THE TRUTH WHEN WE HEAR IT....BECAUSE WE HAVE SPENT OUR LIFE SEEKING IT...OURSELVES!! This is critical...Thank you TWIO...

You’re blessed when you’ve lost it all.
God’s kingdom is there for the finding.

...Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity