Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2009, 03:01 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times

Advertisements

Christians getting Krunk.....never in my wildest dreams during my time as a heathen drinking, doing ecstacy at clubs with a girl on my lap listening to her yell wooooooo....this place needs to get krunk! did I ever, ever, ever think that Christians would use the same term to represent ANYTHING Godly?

YouTube - Does your youth pastor get krunk?...ours does.

I am cool and I love Jesus and if you think I am cool then you will love Jesus too....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 03:20 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
and before people in here say....that Krunk can mean other things other than "Krazy Drunk" which is true.....but let's at look at these girls idea of getting krunk in church.

YouTube - Mmm, GET KRUNK AT CHURCH.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:28 PM

783 posts, read 1,326,938 times
Fundamentalist,

Do you listen to and/or watch Wretched?

Old 07-16-2009, 03:29 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times
ahh fundy.. you make me giggle..

seems like a perfect time to dig out an old post.. now where did I put that???

oh.. here it is.. filed under "People i've taken to task"

http://www.city-data.com/forum/9048971-post30.html

I invite you to go back and read the entire thread. Its full of awesome hilarity and downright thruthiness (from me).

Old 07-18-2009, 12:32 AM

257 posts, read 444,097 times
Stupid people do stupid things. If I were the Church police, I'd have to shut that wild bunch down.

Recently I attended a Charismatic meeting and sat on the second row toward the front. A woman was the music leader (1st mistake). The music being played on stage was way too loud, so loud that I got a headache. Anything over 80 decibals will cause hearing damage and the music was way over 80 decibals. So I moved to the back row and simply have not been back to that place since.

So many "Churches" these days are trying to get people to walk thru thier doors and are doing all kinds of counterfit stuff to attract them. It just keeps getting wierder and wierder.

But it makes walking away from this country easier for me, when I see trash like that.

Last edited by ForHimByHim; 07-18-2009 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: additional comments

Old 07-18-2009, 01:09 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,140 times
LOL....youth pastors. It has occurred to me that the least experienced pastor in the church is usually the one in charge of the youth. There's a good chance I might be working as a youth pastor in a few years.

I've promised myself that I will never do some of the crap that you see on youtube.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:23 AM

309 posts, read 512,265 times
Quote:
Recently I attended a Charismatic meeting and sat on the second row toward the front. A woman was the music leader (1st mistake). The music being played on stage was way too loud, so loud that I got a headache. Anything over 80 decibals will cause hearing damage and the music was way over 80 decibals. So I moved to the back row and simply have not been back to that place since.
What is wrong with the music leader being a woman that is no sin?

Old 07-18-2009, 07:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
Stupid people do stupid things. If I were the Church police, I'd have to shut that wild bunch down.

So many "Churches" these days are trying to get people to walk thru thier doors and are doing all kinds of counterfit stuff to attract them. It just keeps getting wierder and wierder.

But it makes walking away from this country easier for me, when I see trash like that.
Not approving in any way shape or form , but i can understand the rise and popularity of this kind of church .
Can you not blame anyone not attending a dead boring church , with dead sermons , teaching the traditions of man , dead worship, and any glimpse of grace spoken of is lost in the sermon on how God hates sin and you'd better repent all you will end up in in eternal torture.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:15 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,758,762 times
*sigh* The "church" of today.....I'm speechless, I guess. I wonder what God would say. It makes me sad.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:33 PM

257 posts, read 444,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
LOL....youth pastors. It has occurred to me that the least experienced pastor in the church is usually the one in charge of the youth. There's a good chance I might be working as a youth pastor in a few years.

I've promised myself that I will never do some of the crap that you see on youtube.
I second that motion and say amen. There are some fine youth pastors. One of the best sermons I've heard was from a youth pastor who had only been a Christian for ten years. The subject of the sermon was finishing the race. He presented some startling statistics which showed that the majority of Christians these days, drop out of the race and backslide. The sermon was extremely well given and without the use of superficial dramatics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity