Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,747 times

Advertisements

America this is all you need to do
God will not abandon any nation who does this
Do not believe any lie from Satan

[b]2Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This is His promise
Psalm 95:8
<< Psalm 95:8
King James Bible
Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

II. The sin they are warned against, as inconsistent with the believing obedient ear required, and that is hardness of heart. If you will hear his voice, and profit by what you hear, then do not harden your hearts; for the seed sown on the rock never brought any fruit to perfection. The Jews therefore believed not the gospel of Christ because their hearts were hardened; they were not convinced of the evil of sin, and of their danger by reason of sin, and therefore they regarded not the offer of salvation; they would not bend to the yoke of Christ, nor yield to his demands; and, if the sinner's heart be hardened, it is his own act and deed (he hardening it himself) and he alone shall bear the blame for ever.

III. The example they are warned by, which is that of the Israelites in the wilderness.

As we read God's word, we find that there are many promises made to us. God intends to keep every single one of those promises. In fact, we are told that all of the promises of God are in the affirmative for us. God would never make a promise and revoke that promise
Do we need to have a heart check-up??
God is the same yesterday today and forever
God Bless You

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 05-20-2009 at 08:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 08:34 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,747 times
[I]Your hearing becomes vague and your eyes blurred so that you are groping about with bent backs trying to find your way. It is so easy for us to get caught up in ourselves and to become blind to what we really are and what we need to do about it.
So, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert, where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.' So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'" See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first. As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion."[/i]

We as the body of Christ are supposed to be praying without ceasing, encouraging one another are we doing that here ? today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity