Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:25 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times

Advertisements

This is a curiosity thread, no debate, just want to hear your answers.

Do universalist share their faith? Do they witness to people like Jesus commanded (The Great Commission)? and if you do then what do you say? just what exactly is your gospel? Very curious. Thank you

(Matthew 28:19–20)
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-12-2009 at 09:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 10:02 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Dear Father, Please let those who read the following, please if it is your will at this time in their lives to be open to the following, please Father allow it to enter their heart.. In Jesus name, Amen.

You are probably asking this because you can't fathom WHY a universalist WOULD witness, probably... am I right? Because with YOUR beliefs, you must save people from eternal torture, correct?

Of course universalists "witness" to others. They just do it for different reasons. They don't do it to SAVE anyone from FEARFUL eternal torture. God is LOVE, not fear. They do it for the love that God has given them for mankind. The beautiful truth that God LOVES all of his creation and will ultimately reconcile ALL does something TO YOU, fundamentalist. It does something to your heart that you can't IMAGINE! It transforms your heart. It ENLARGENS your heart, and the enlarging of your HEART continues and continues every step you take for the rest of your life!!

You start to TRULY love your neighbor, you start to TRULY love your enemies. You start to TRULY (I mean TRULY, fundamentalist, not just SAYING SO because you're SUPPOSED TO!!) TRULY LOVE strangers. You start to understand more and more just HOW MUCH God loves us all.

You start to lose the things in your life that you do not need. You start to be transformed. Patience, kindness, love, forgiveness, all of those things start to truly just become a given! It is EASY. His burden is light! How true!

The reason so many are in amnity to God is because they are unaware of the LOVE God has for them. Helping people to understand just HOW MUCH they are in fact, LOVED by God is a joyous, wonderful thing!!!

God uses people in different ways to "witness". We are all unique and it doesn't matter HOW you witness.. It really doesn't. What matters is, are you letting God shine THROUGH you, so that others see that there is a DIFFERENT WAY in this life? Talking about God is a JOY! Talking about God's love is a joy. Helping to bring people out of their fear is a joy.

Then you will ask... "oh so people can just do what they want and God will still love them, huh?" Well, the answer is yes. However, when a person starts to TRULY get it, how God IS love... their life becomes changed. What "seemed" profitable to them before, now has lost it's luster, lost it's pull. They see "sin" for what it is. As love slowly starts to fill their heart, they start to cling to it, What is love? God. They start to cling to God.

LIFE in Christ... is the glorious revealing! The "saving" that is done is people finally finding what they've been looking for (in ALL the wrong places) all their life. The beautiful truth of the GOSPEL (the GOOD news) the reconciliation of ALL mankind, is THE most amazing thing in this world. It is THE most transformative to a man's heart.

Years ago, before God brought me to the beautiful truth (before I even KNEW the label "universalist") before then, I had a near nervous breakdown from this teaching of hell. I could not reconcile the God of love with all this "torture" and "everlasting torment". I ended up on my shower floor curled in a ball crying out from the DEPTHS of my soul until I was so exhausted I could barely stand. I couldn't look at strangers, all I could think was "ARE YOU SAVED???!!" I would burst into tears in public looking around at all of these people and not knowing if they were going to hell or what??!! I started praying to God, first for my immediate loved ones, then other people I had known, my co-workers, then I started to pray for every stranger that I saw, then I started to think about those I thought were my personal "enemies".... my heart softened. Oh God, please no... I'm sorry I viewed them as enemies... I love them God. I want them to be saved, Dear God... PLEASE! Then I started praying for ALL mankind, for Hitler, for EVERYONE. Slowly but surely, just me and God, no-one else, just me and God..... God started to slowly peel the layers off of the bible and started to show me the truth of what this "Destruction" was. The destruction of the "old man". The destruction of sin. The good news for ALL mankind.

It has built and built and built ever since... At first I was scared to believe it. Everyone says it's heresy!! But then God kept taking me to the verses, do not trust MAN, trust GOD! It's true. I listened to him.

My heart was aching for ALL mankind... and God lovingly brought me to truth.

My heart is so full of love and joy, I can't explain it.
I look at others and all I want to do is show them LOVE.

So yes, I do witness everyday.
And God leads the way.
Not me.
It's all HIM.

This world NEEDS to understand how loved they are. So that love, can in turn start to blossom in their heart, and we can become the people we were always MEANT to be. Full of love. It's about not saving people from "eternal torment" but saving people from their ignorance of God's love. Saving people from their fear. Fear wreaks havoc. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. There is no fear in love.
This is what people are being saved from. To turn their lives around. The only thing that can transform a person is God's LOVE. Not the FEAR of God.

Peace to you.
And thank you for giving me the opportunity to share.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 AM

I can see you are passionate.

So you are saying, you don't go out and go up to strangers and start sharing the gospel? just trying to get a grasp. Thank you

Old 05-12-2009, 10:13 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This is a curiosity thread, no debate, just want to hear your answers.

Do universalist share their faith? Do they witness to people like Jesus commanded (The Great Commission)? and if you do then what do you say? just what exactly is your gospel? Very curious. Thank you

(Matthew 28:19–20)
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.â€
Yes I share my faith and witness to people. I preach the same thing Paul preached: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 AM

319 posts, read 1,463,623 times
Out of the abundance of the heart.. .. .. the mouth speaks !!

That which is truely in your heart - will come out of your mouth !!

You cannot plant corn - and harvest wheat

What are you dwelling on all day ? Is it God's word (Psalm 1) then that is what you will testifiy to with people.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:27 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I can see you are passionate.

So you are saying, you don't go out and go up to strangers and start sharing the gospel? just trying to get a grasp. Thank you

If God leads me to do so...
I follow His lead.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:28 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessE86 View Post
Out of the abundance of the heart.. .. .. the mouth speaks !!

That which is truely in your heart - will come out of your mouth !!

You cannot plant corn - and harvest wheat

What are you dwelling on all day ? Is it God's word (Psalm 1) then that is what you will testifiy to with people.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:23 PM

224 posts, read 405,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Dear Father, Please let those who read the following, please if it is your will at this time in their lives to be open to the following, please Father allow it to enter their heart.. In Jesus name, Amen.

You are probably asking this because you can't fathom WHY a universalist WOULD witness, probably... am I right? Because with YOUR beliefs, you must save people from eternal torture, correct?

Of course universalists "witness" to others. They just do it for different reasons. They don't do it to SAVE anyone from FEARFUL eternal torture. God is LOVE, not fear. They do it for the love that God has given them for mankind. The beautiful truth that God LOVES all of his creation and will ultimately reconcile ALL does something TO YOU, fundamentalist. It does something to your heart that you can't IMAGINE! It transforms your heart. It ENLARGENS your heart, and the enlarging of your HEART continues and continues every step you take for the rest of your life!!

You start to TRULY love your neighbor, you start to TRULY love your enemies. You start to TRULY (I mean TRULY, fundamentalist, not just SAYING SO because you're SUPPOSED TO!!) TRULY LOVE strangers. You start to understand more and more just HOW MUCH God loves us all.

You start to lose the things in your life that you do not need. You start to be transformed. Patience, kindness, love, forgiveness, all of those things start to truly just become a given! It is EASY. His burden is light! How true!

The reason so many are in amnity to God is because they are unaware of the LOVE God has for them. Helping people to understand just HOW MUCH they are in fact, LOVED by God is a joyous, wonderful thing!!!

God uses people in different ways to "witness". We are all unique and it doesn't matter HOW you witness.. It really doesn't. What matters is, are you letting God shine THROUGH you, so that others see that there is a DIFFERENT WAY in this life? Talking about God is a JOY! Talking about God's love is a joy. Helping to bring people out of their fear is a joy.

Then you will ask... "oh so people can just do what they want and God will still love them, huh?" Well, the answer is yes. However, when a person starts to TRULY get it, how God IS love... their life becomes changed. What "seemed" profitable to them before, now has lost it's luster, lost it's pull. They see "sin" for what it is. As love slowly starts to fill their heart, they start to cling to it, What is love? God. They start to cling to God.

LIFE in Christ... is the glorious revealing! The "saving" that is done is people finally finding what they've been looking for (in ALL the wrong places) all their life. The beautiful truth of the GOSPEL (the GOOD news) the reconciliation of ALL mankind, is THE most amazing thing in this world. It is THE most transformative to a man's heart.

Years ago, before God brought me to the beautiful truth (before I even KNEW the label "universalist") before then, I had a near nervous breakdown from this teaching of hell. I could not reconcile the God of love with all this "torture" and "everlasting torment". I ended up on my shower floor curled in a ball crying out from the DEPTHS of my soul until I was so exhausted I could barely stand. I couldn't look at strangers, all I could think was "ARE YOU SAVED???!!" I would burst into tears in public looking around at all of these people and not knowing if they were going to hell or what??!! I started praying to God, first for my immediate loved ones, then other people I had known, my co-workers, then I started to pray for every stranger that I saw, then I started to think about those I thought were my personal "enemies".... my heart softened. Oh God, please no... I'm sorry I viewed them as enemies... I love them God. I want them to be saved, Dear God... PLEASE! Then I started praying for ALL mankind, for Hitler, for EVERYONE. Slowly but surely, just me and God, no-one else, just me and God..... God started to slowly peel the layers off of the bible and started to show me the truth of what this "Destruction" was. The destruction of the "old man". The destruction of sin. The good news for ALL mankind.

It has built and built and built ever since... At first I was scared to believe it. Everyone says it's heresy!! But then God kept taking me to the verses, do not trust MAN, trust GOD! It's true. I listened to him.

My heart was aching for ALL mankind... and God lovingly brought me to truth.

My heart is so full of love and joy, I can't explain it.
I look at others and all I want to do is show them LOVE.

So yes, I do witness everyday.
And God leads the way.
Not me.
It's all HIM.

This world NEEDS to understand how loved they are. So that love, can in turn start to blossom in their heart, and we can become the people we were always MEANT to be. Full of love. It's about not saving people from "eternal torment" but saving people from their ignorance of God's love. Saving people from their fear. Fear wreaks havoc. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. There is no fear in love.
This is what people are being saved from. To turn their lives around. The only thing that can transform a person is God's LOVE. Not the FEAR of God.

Peace to you.
And thank you for giving me the opportunity to share.
AMEN! I could not have said it any better..GREAT POST!

I remember my heart aching for mankind too and I use to say, "God, please don't send all these people to hell"...and I would pray and pray for the world and say, "Lord, send me I will go, send me anywhere to tell people about you so they won't burn forever"..The Spirit of God is truly testifying in so many ways that we are on the right track.

YES, What he said..

Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes I share my faith and witness to people. I preach the same thing Paul preached: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
What is your gospel?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOKENFOR View Post
AMEN! I could not have said it any better..GREAT POST!

I remember my heart aching for mankind too and I use to say, "God, please don't send all these people to hell"...and I would pray and pray for the world and say, "Lord, send me I will go, send me anywhere to tell people about you so they won't burn forever"..The Spirit of God is truly testifying in so many ways that we are on the right track.

YES, What he said..
So are we wrong? again trying to understand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity