Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2009, 05:36 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Psalm 91:11-12
"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone."

Mat 4:6
"And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone."
The truth is that Christ was not exactly like other humans. Indeed, he was not under the curse of death because of sin. He was not corrupted. He had divine wisdom even at an early age (Luke 2:42-49) ...

Christ himself even commented on how he could call the angels from heaven to aid him if he had so desired when he was being arrested. He demonstrated his power over the elements, and over life itself. He had fullness of the godhead indwelling him, as he himself pre-existed all things, even his own birth in Galilee ... And he had knowledge of His pre-existence as is demonstrated by his own words in various places. Not to mention the fact that Paul associates him quite literally with Melchizedek, whom the bible tells us was a real person who was on the earth in the times of Abraham who was never born and never died.

I submit that Christ might not have experienced the same types of carnal temptations that we do until after he was baptized by John and then tempted by Satan in the wilderness after the fact. After he had overcome the temptation which the first adam could not, he transcended on the mount and The father declared himself well pleased in his son. I testify that Adam was not able to do what Christ himself did, because Christ was the only begotten of the father whereas Adam was merely a creature.

Any thoughts along these lines? Please feel free to express them here ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The truth is that Christ was not exactly like other humans. Indeed, he was not under the curse of death because of sin. He was not corrupted. He had divine wisdom even at an early age (Luke 2:42-49) ...

Christ himself even commented on how he could call the angels from heaven to aid him if he had so desired when he was being arrested. He demonstrated his power over the elements, and over life itself. He had fullness of the godhead indwelling him, as he himself pre-existed all things, even his own birth in Galilee ... And he had knowledge of His pre-existence as is demonstrated by his own words in various places. Not to mention the fact that Paul associates him quite literally with Melchizedek, whom the bible tells us was a real person who was on the earth in the times of Abraham who was never born and never died.

I submit that Christ might not have experienced the same types of carnal temptations that we do until after he was baptized by John and then tempted by Satan in the wilderness after the fact. After he had overcome the temptation which the first adam could not, he transcended on the mount and The father declared himself well pleased in his son. I testify that Adam was not able to do what Christ himself did, because Christ was the only begotten of the father whereas Adam was merely a creature.

I can tell you from My own experience that sin can not exist in Christ. Cause He is God's Son, the Only begotten Son. And yes Christ, just as I am, was human. God left behind in Christ a part of Himself. That's how Christ understood so much of the Father.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:40 PM

124 posts, read 333,686 times
Well if the bible is true then it would be both. Isn't there a passage that says something about flesh is flesh and spirit is spirit?

Old 09-11-2009, 06:50 PM

193 posts, read 289,188 times
I believe it's certainly a mystery, but I believe Jesus is 100% human and 100% Divine. I believe the Humanity was givin on the Cross.....sometimes I've seen people mention God dying on the cross......God is spirit and cannot die.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:00 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,330,896 times
Yes, He is 100% human and 100% God. No other was given so much as Christ was. And, that is because He is God, the Father's Son.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:48 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:

Although Jesus didn't have a sin nature and therefore couldn't be tempted from that source, he was still living in the world and could be tempted from that direction. I'm sure he had some temptations as he was growing up, but absolutely, the major temptations came at and after the time He begin His ministry. And they were unique temptations. No one else ever was or ever could be tempted to turn stones into bread.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:20 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,070 times
Quote:

There are two human being creations, in the Bible, the first is Adam, and the second is Israel.
The Adam, the dead former son of God [Luke 3:38] spirit is one spirit, of which we human beings are all born, as the seed of Adam, multiplied.

Christ, the Living spirit, is one Spirit, into which all who are born again are now adopted into.

Jesus [Salvation[ Christ [the Living Spirit, the Anointed/Messiah] is called Israel, as the second creation human being. that is His New Man name which He invoked over Jacob as a sign of the adoption of the body to come, into that second creation Man.
In His human flesh, [which was prepared new for His incarnation in the womb of a virgin], Jesus Christ is not an Adam spirit person, [from beneath, of the earth, earthy] but is the Firstborn of the second creation human being race, as to that flesh, and in that flesh, He is the only Kinsman and therefore only possible Redeemer to Adam; and He, who is come in flesh is YHWH in the second person, who in heaven, was and is, the Son of Man, the Creator of all things in whose very bodily image [Romans 5:14; Genesis 1:26-28], Adam is made.

You will find Him described by Enoch who saw Him in heaven as God, hidden, who is with God and who was to come to be revealed.

In the OT, He [YHWH] is always calling Himself the Kinsman/Redeemer =Ga'al [Hebrew] of Israel, whom He has given His own name of revelation [of the New Man name], to. After He invoked His name over Jacob, He forever after called the people of Israel; My people, called by My name".

In Isaiah 49 His name is Israel, as opposed to the first man called Adam [made male and female and called Adam; Genesis 5:2]. In Isaiah 59, He is YHWH who looked and saw no "ish" [Adam is the first creation Ish] to bring forth justice for earth, so He [YHWH] donned the garments of Kinsman [the prepared in the womb second creation human being flesh body].

In Rev 19, He is returning in the same "donned garment" of flesh [human being body], which was "baptized in death" which He is come in the flesh in, and which He will always wear, as the Kinsman/Redeemer to Adam and Firstborn of the New Man name.

That body of New Man flesh is the true Mercy Seat which received the "final, Acceptable" blood of Atonement on it, which the High Priest in
Israel rehearsed once, yearly. That New Man Firstborn body of the NEw Man creation was typed in solid gold by Moses, who made a pattern of the heavenly things.
When we receive the Atonement for our sins, we are adopted into His New Man Living Spirit, and are then the true Ark of the Covenant, which Moses typed as wood plated with gold and crowned with gold.

God loves to teach by oracles, signs, types, and symbols.

BTW: Melche king of righteousness was Shem, who was "morphed" into the type of the Son of God [as the author of Hebrews says], when He was left without "geneology" in Genesis; because the Son of God has no Father, no mother, no beginning of days nor end of Life. Shem had a beginning of days etc, but was "morphed" to type Christ who was to come and who is the Firstborn of earth, the High King and High Priest and God of the whole earth, as Second Man, as to His human flesh.

In Jasher, Melche is Shem.

Yes, the second Man was fully man, and he was tempted in all points as we are, and did not sin as the first son of God of the human being kind did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity