Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 07:13 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,757,439 times

Advertisements

The traditional teachings of Christianity among other religions threaten us with the most terrible evil imaginable for many reasons including simple doubt and unbelief. The use if threats of violent deaths and torture in this life and the next for all eternity have been used for centuries to control the masses. It is high time we see these teachings for what they are, "spiritual terrorism". And its high time this spiritual terrorism stops and Christians begin searching their hearts about this false doctrine of devils. We must open our hearts to every person in the world, regardless of belief or personal sin. We must glorify God with the true Good news of the victory of Christ over sin and death and stop using Christs name to threaten the world will eternal death and evil. In the name of Yĕhowshuwa I rebuke this spiritual terrorism and the false doctrines of devils which the false church has perpetrated on the masses for so many centuries, and i call on all Christians to throw off the shackles of bondage to sin and death and eternal hell and embrace the true Gospel of Christ for all people ... That we might, being so liberated, magnify the love of God to the world and heal the people of the nations through the power of the spirit and the living word of truth.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-26-2009 at 07:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 07:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
What about if we tell them God loves them and only threaten them with ET if they reject what we believe ? Does that make us compassionate terrorists ? Can we get away with doing that ?.
YouTube - Eddie Izzard-Cake or Death

Old 09-26-2009, 09:17 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
BEHOLD! The empty universalist gospel.....Go ye therefore and tell eveyone there is no hell.....pathetic...o wait universalist don't spread the gospel because there is no need to, everyone goes to heaven.

There is no more of a sound reason to share the gospel than the simple fact that we are instructed to share the gospel.

But I suppose sharing the gospel might get complicated considering that if you share it, you might be sharing it with someone God has created with no hope in the first place. Wow..... Do you mention this fact of truth (well according to you anyway)?

Yeah, uh huh, sure ya do.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:35 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Have you ever told a lie?

Have you ever stolen anything?

Jesus said: "You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully
has already coimmitted adultery with her in his heart." - Matthew 5:27 & 28

Have you ever looked at another person with lust?

We have looked at just a few of the Ten Commandments.
You have admitted that you are a liar, a thief and an adulterer at heart.
When you stand before God to be judged will you be guilty or innocent of disobeying God?

Are you innocent or guilty? Heaven or hell?

But Here's the
GOOD NEWS!

The penalty for breaking God's law is death.
But someone has stepped in and paid that penalty on your behalf.
Jesus Christ died on the cross, taking all of God's punishment for your sin,
so that you can go free. What do you need to do?
Nothing. If you repent* and trust that Jesus has paid the penalty you owe
for sin... it is done. You are free from your sin and will join God in heaven.

Jesus died to pay the penalty you owe for disobeying God.
Now it's time to make a decision.

Trust Jesus

If you know you've done wrong and you wish to stop doing wrong and obey God*, and you believe that Jesus did die to pay the penalty you owe for breaking God's laws... Jesus gives you the gift of life for eternity.

Or you can trust yourself...

If you don't want to let Jesus pay the
penalty you owe for breaking God's laws,
God is not going to force you into heaven.
You've broken God's laws.
You can pay the required penalty yourself.
You are on your own
But, please feel free to come back to Are You Heading For Heaven Or Hell?
God continues to give you "second" chances until you die...
...will that be tonight?

This is called repentance.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast." - Ephesians 2:8,9
If you have repented* and are trusting Jesus Christ to pay the penalty you owe for sin, and Jesus Christ alone, then...
Tell God what you think about what Jesus has done. That is called praying. There are no special words. Just say what is on your heart.
Read your Bible every day.
Just like food nourishes your body, God's word nourishes your soul.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Have you ever told a lie?

Have you ever stolen anything?

Jesus said: "You have heard that it was said, 'Do not commit adultery.'
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully
has already coimmitted adultery with her in his heart." - Matthew 5:27 & 28

Have you ever looked at another person with lust?

We have looked at just a few of the Ten Commandments.
You have admitted that you are a liar, a thief and an adulterer at heart.
When you stand before God to be judged will you be guilty or innocent of disobeying God?

Are you innocent or guilty? Heaven or hell?

But Here's the
GOOD NEWS!

The penalty for breaking God's law is death.
But someone has stepped in and paid that penalty on your behalf.
Jesus Christ died on the cross, taking all of God's punishment for your sin,
so that you can go free. What do you need to do?
Nothing. If you repent* and trust that Jesus has paid the penalty you owe
for sin... it is done. You are free from your sin and will join God in heaven.

Jesus died to pay the penalty you owe for disobeying God.
Now it's time to make a decision.

Trust Jesus

If you know you've done wrong and you wish to stop doing wrong and obey God*, and you believe that Jesus did die to pay the penalty you owe for breaking God's laws... Jesus gives you the gift of life for eternity.

Or you can trust yourself...

If you don't want to let Jesus pay the
penalty you owe for breaking God's laws,
God is not going to force you into heaven.
You've broken God's laws.
You can pay the required penalty yourself.
You are on your own, we have no more buttons for you to click on.
But, please feel free to come back to Are You Heading For Heaven Or Hell?
God continues to give you "second" chances until you die...
...will that be tonight?

This is called repentance.
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast." - Ephesians 2:8,9
If you have repented* and are trusting Jesus Christ to pay the penalty you owe for sin, and Jesus Christ alone, then...
Tell God what you think about what Jesus has done. That is called praying. There are no special words. Just say what is on your heart.
Read your Bible every day.
Just like food nourishes your body, God's word nourishes your soul.

The means by which we are accountable for our lives is how Jesus accomplishes saving the world 100%.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:28 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The traditional teachings of Christianity among other religions threaten us with the most terrible evil imaginable for many reasons including simple doubt and unbelief. The use if threats of violent deaths and torture in this life and the next for all eternity have been used for centuries to control the masses. It is high time we see these teachings for what they are, "spiritual terrorism". And its high time this spiritual terrorism stops and Christians begin searching their hearts about this false doctrine of devils. We must open our hearts to every person in the world, regardless of belief or personal sin. We must glorify God with the true Good news of the victory of Christ over sin and death and stop using Christs name to threaten the world will eternal death and evil. In the name of Yĕhowshuwa I rebuke this spiritual terrorism and the false doctrines of devils which the false church has perpetrated on the masses for so many centuries, and i call on all Christians to throw off the shackles of bondage to sin and death and eternal hell and embrace the true Gospel of Christ for all people ... That we might, being so liberated, magnify the love of God to the world and heal the people of the nations through the power of the spirit and the living word of truth.
I can understand your aversion to a theology of retribution.
It does not (IMHO) communicate a doctrine of Love.

However, I question the effectiveness of a doctrine of universal salvation.
For example, would the Love of Christ impress an unrepentant, prideful, self reliant and violent individual?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:32 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I can understand your aversion to a theology of retribution.
It does not (IMHO) communicate a doctrine of Love.

However, I question the effectiveness of a doctrine of universal salvation.
For example, would the Love of Christ impress an unrepentant, prideful, self reliant and violent individual?
Well i am living proof that this is possible , Romans 5 verse 8 says God demonstrated His love towards while we were still sinners.

Still as in still unrepentant, still prideful,still self reliant,still a vile individual.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well i am living proof that this is possible , Romans 5 verse 8 says God demonstrated His love towards while we were still sinners.

Still as in still unrepentant, still prideful,still self reliant,still a vile individual.

I'm truely happy for you. And I suspect you are not alone.
I too share your testimony. But I would add my awareness ( or theoligically speaking, my "conviction" ) of those defects we share.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:18 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,332,882 times
Quote:
sounds like Saulus from Tarsus, later known as the apostle Paul

Old 09-27-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
sounds like Saulus from Tarsus, later known as the apostle Paul
The operative word is "unrepentent"
And this is the crutch of the issue.

As I have repeatedly said, I hope the Universalists are right.
But I maintain the possibility that some may be so hardened as to persecute Christ forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity