Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 03:37 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Miraculous cures for cancer and AIDS, people in wheelchairs getting up and dancing. It's business as usual for Benny Hinn, perhaps the world's most famous, successful and controversial televangelist. Hinn is a faith-healer who almost never grants interviews -- until now.

Benny Hinn: Evangelical Leader Under Senate Investigation Speaks - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 04:26 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. "I would not put myself through the misery of being called these horrible things for money".

Well, I endured being called horrible things by my boss for a FRACTION of what Benny boy makes. And I was thankful that I had a job.
I love the comic relief these guys bring to the world.

*wait a minute*

WOW! It just occurred to me that the aforementioned boss went almost broke giving money to Benny (no joke) when his wife had cancer because Benny looked into the camera and said "God says someone who's wife has cancer needs to send in x thousand dollars right now as an act of faith and she will be healed".

My boss said he felt that if there was ANY CHANCE whatsoever that it was true he couldn't live with himself if he didn't send the money in. Plus he drove her out of town (state?) to the meetings and gave more. She died within a year of all that.

That's how this crap works. It's sickening. PLUS Hinn/TBN takes in a lot of money from a lot of people who give very small donations from places like certain parts of Africa where people's only hope is for a miracle since there's no medical care. So you have MILLIONS of people giving small donations - that really adds up. TBN puts up their network (more wasted money) in these places to fleece the multitudes. THERE IS NOT ONE DOCUMENTED CASE OF HEALING THROUGH BENNY HINN'S "ministry". He claimed to have documentation but when the documents were provided to the media the doctors and patients names were removed "for their privacy" and so could not be verified. What the hell????

I don't believe in the popular 'hell' myth, but if I did? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......:m ad: These guys would be prime candidates...

I say all this in love of course

Old 10-20-2009, 04:29 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,865 times
Default Benny Hinn: 'I Would Not Do This for Money'...

..says the snake-oil salesman in his tailor-made suit flashing his 22 carat jewelry faking a humble look, while passing back handers to his paid fake sick people.

Send your donations to... God needs your money to heal people.

Cue..

Let the bodies hit the floor

Old 10-20-2009, 05:09 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
while passing back handers to his paid fake sick people.
There's more to it though than that. Many people truly truly BELIEVE and there is a kind of mass psychosis or something involved. There is a synergism which can be literally felt/sensed in the atmosphere.

Some really good people have gone to work for TBN and people like Benny but eventually came to their senses - people I know personally.

The mind can do strange things.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:43 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
There's more to it though than that. Many people truly truly BELIEVE and there is a kind of mass psychosis or something involved. There is a synergism which can be literally felt/sensed in the atmosphere.

Some really good people have gone to work for TBN and people like Benny but eventually came to their senses - people I know personally.

The mind can do strange things.
Jesus called it....THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND....eventually they will all fall into a pit if they don't wake up and realize these people are not of God nor are they for God.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:00 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
And yet... seeing the waving throngs on this YT video I'm reminded of the exaultations of several devoted posters here who've told us many times that the sheer number of believers is proof in and of itself of God.

So... are the annual attendance numbers and fiscal "intake" proof of Benny's "incredible talent"? Should I load my arthritic frame onto a bus and git down there for the inevitable healing?

Is Benny simply a lens, a focal tesseract for God's holy healing powers?

Old 10-20-2009, 09:51 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
And yet... seeing the waving throngs on this YT video I'm reminded of the exaultations of several devoted posters here who've told us many times that the sheer number of believers is proof in and of itself of God.

So... are the annual attendance numbers and fiscal "intake" proof of Benny's "incredible talent"? Should I load my arthritic frame onto a bus and git down there for the inevitable healing?

Is Benny simply a lens, a focal tesseract for God's holy healing powers?
Like I said....THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND....if you are already blind you will continue to follow blind leaders because they say what you want to hear. People need to quit following men and turn to God for their guidance.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:52 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
"I would not put myself through the misery of being called these horrible things for money".
Look at what prostitutes put themselves through for money. Hinn is no different. "Show me the money, flock!" Everything else, including federal investigations, are minor inconveniences, to be dealt with by his army of high-power attorneys. His one and only sincere prayer is that the feds don't find the smoking gun.

Old 10-20-2009, 03:45 PM

303 posts, read 569,768 times
Notice he cant get in a cab any drive to any old local hospital and start healing people. Thats because his circuses are contrived and controlled. He followed in the footsteps of kathryn kuhlman and Aimee Semple McPherson who were both false healers and teachers.Some say they were demon possessed and I dont doubt it a bit.....
Heres a really insightful movie on the whole subject

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1309655344938122063&ei=LS_eSsGmOIeWqAPb7dH3Dw&q=te xe+marrs+the+blind+and+the+dead&hl=en#
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity