Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 05:38 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times

Advertisements

I was reading Galatians just now, and found a very interesting verse which has always made me stop and reflect:
"But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all." (4.26)

So Jerusalem is our mother?
Which Jerusalem is above? I only know of one, in Palestine! "Above" where?

Any help.... Thanks!

blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 05:42 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I was reading Galatians just now, and found a very interesting verse which has always made me stop and reflect:

Any help.... Thanks!

blessings,
brian
You being serious?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:48 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:

Any help.... Thanks!

blessings,
brian
That is speaking of the Church. The New Covenant is a Spiritual Covenant.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Old 01-13-2011, 08:01 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
That is speaking of the Church. The New Covenant is a Spiritual Covenant.

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Great!!
So, what exactly is this new Jerusalem? What does it look like?
And why all the fighting over the "old" Jerusalem here "below?" Why would Christian Zionists even "care" about "old" Jerusalem, if they are expecting a "new" one??

Blessings,
brian

Old 01-13-2011, 07:06 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Great!!
So, what exactly is this new Jerusalem? What does it look like?
And why all the fighting over the "old" Jerusalem here "below?" Why would Christian Zionists even "care" about "old" Jerusalem, if they are expecting a "new" one??

Blessings,
brian
The New Jerusalem is allegorical for the Spiritual Chosen that comprise the Temple. The "Christian" Zionists "care" about old Jerusalem because they have observed the scriptures from an earthly perspective - reading the scriptures from an earthly fulfillment and not a Heavenly fulfillment.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:37 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,081 times
Jerusalem above is set on Mt Zion of the heavenlies, which is Mt Eden. That's where Adam was placed when he was created as the "god" -small g- of the whole earth, and made "male and female" so as to bring forth sons of God of the human being kind, to "build up Zion for the Glory to indwell", as the temple "not made with hands" for the Glory of the unseen Father to indwell.
Adam's fall and his casting down and out of Eden and the Cherubim placed at the gates of Eden, with flaming swords, was done with the promise of the redemption in the Seed/Christ come in flesh, of the Woman/Zion [personified as a woman from Genesis 3:15, to Revelation 12, and so on], who would ransom the race of Adam back, for the Glory to indwell, in His New Man name, and give the redeemed access back, to Eden/Zion of the heavenly realm of this earth [also called "the breadth of the earth" in Scripture]
If you want to do a study on the theme of the City of God as Zion above, which the redeemed inherit and which Zion below was to type, then I will be happy to give you lots of Scripture, which show God's one plan, from the beginning, for the human being race to "build up Zion for the glory to indwell".

That City is the one that "hath foundations", that Abraham saw, "afar off", and knew that was his destined home. It is also the city that Enoch saw "afar off" and longed to go to, and was granted to be translated to glory and to go to that city, where he still dwells, with the angels, who "keep the sayings of the Scripture of Truth -the book written in heaven, which Enoch saw, Daniel 10:21 mentions, and Revelation 22 also mentions, when John saw Enoch, glorified, and was going to worship him, but the man he saw told John: Rev 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See [thou do it] not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep/watch the sayings of this book: worship God.

Zion above is where the spirits of just men made perfect dwell with the angels, since the ascension of Christ, when He led "captivity captive" and emptied Sheol below of all the souls of the righteous who were waiting there, but in comfort, for the Atonement.

Zion above is where all the souls of the departed redeemed go to, at death, since the resurrection of Christ.

Zion above is where the Watchers who "watch" and keep the "sayings" of the Scripture of Truth dwell, and watch over the race of Adam on earth, as rulers and judges.

Dan 10:21 But I will shew thee that which is noted/written in the scripture of truth: one binds with me in these things, Michael your prince [literal English translation].

Archangels are "watchers", and watch over the sons of men who will inherit eternal life, from their City. They come and go, through portals, from earth below to Eden/Zion above.

Adam was placed there as a human being son of God, and lost the glory and lost access to that paradise, but the plan was in place before the world was, for the ransom of the earth back, uniting it with Eden again, and with the angels and men who would be redeemed and come and go, as sons of God, from the City of God in the heavenly realm to the earth below.

Read Daniel chapter 4, as just one of the places in the Word to see the "Watchers" who dwell in Eden/Zion above, doing their duty over men/Adam seed, below, in favor of God's elect people, Israel, who got the name of adoption before the adoption was finalized -by the Atonement fulfilled.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:46 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,081 times
Hbr 11:16 But now they desire a better [country], that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Jerusalem below will be a type of Jerusalem above, when God restores Israel as His "vineyard" on earth.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:58 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,590 times
It means the new heaven and new earth, which in effect is the kingdom of God or new Jerusalem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity