Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2009, 08:22 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,525,671 times

Advertisements

Well Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4 states that eternal life is in every Word of God.

Every mean ALL in my grammar school learning.
Every mean ALL in my webster dictionary.

Seem like EVERY is only a learning problem for Intellectuals today.

ALL mean 100% in our natural math education today.

Again seem like ALL is only a learning problem for Intellectuals today.

No John 10 church you can go to with unbelievers in water baptism or John 3:5 today.

No John 10 church you can go to with unbelievers in the Sabbath teaching or Hebrews 4 today.

Maybe a John 8:44 church you can go to with unbelievers in water baptism or John 3:5 today.

Maybe a John 8:44 church you can go to with unbelievers in the Sabbath teaching or Hebrews 4 today.

Obviously the John 10 church is the Philadephia type church mention in the book of Revelation.

While no church is perfect obviously a John 8:44 church is a tare or not the real church of Jesus Christ.

No Holy Spirit can say accept the atonement of Christ and take an optional vote on water baptism to be saved.

No Born Again person can say come as you are to Christ and take an optional vote on the Sabbath teaching to practice to be saved.

No Spirit of truth can say make church meeting friends with everybody and take an optional vote on whether to rebuke people with the bible or not.

No manna from heaven that says your relationship is with God in your heart while people you church fellowship with can do and believe what they want.

No wisdom of man has ever been in harmony with God enough on the how to information on heaven.

Spiritual wisdom is for John 10 people only--- 1 Cor. 2.

No unity doctrine on God with Man only --- John 17.

No unity doctrine on Man with any Man ---- John 17.

No unity doctrine on any church meeting being a John 10 meeting.

No unity doctrine on a real church meeting attracting John 8:44 people.

God never called a John 8:44 person a brethren --- Psalms 133:1.

God never said to call a John 8:44 person a John 10 person.

God never said it's not a John 10 duty to know what people are --1 Thess. 5:12.

God never said your judging if you call a John 8:44 person what they are.

God never said your judging if you call a John 10 person what they are.

God never said the truth is judging.

God never said the truth is whatever you want it to be sometime---
Romans 3:4.

God never said bible rebuke is evil and judgmental--Book of Proverbs-Open rebuke is better then secret love.

Well the heart of the matter is for a unity connnection with John 10 people.

I'm not trying to make John 8:44 people understand me cause their not suppose to says 2 Cor. 4:3.

Their too intellectual to understand Matthew 5:18 and John 3:5 before they come to me.

Water always going to be water if you haven't been water baptised or born again.

The Word of God is still the Word of God if you haven't crucified the spirit to be a Grammar Expert and help God out in Greek and Hebrew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Amen Tony!

Let God's Word...every Word be true, and every man a liar!

God Bless you,
Verna.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Does believing all the right doctrines make you a believer ?

If so where does it say that in the word ?

9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else(We are John 10 people), Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' 14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

I wonder if the tax collector was a follower of Jesus or a John 10 person ?

Footnote
The Pharisee probably knew the scriptures back to front but did not know who the scriptures testified of.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:37 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

I agree - believing all the right doctrines is not the criteria for being a believer.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:41 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,760,101 times
Quote:
No. Take the "keeping the Sabbath" stuff, for instance. It is clear, when you read the NT along with the old, that the "Sabbath rest" for saints under grace is ceasing from striving to obtain salvation through works. But some people have just not seen that (yet). Are they believers? If they have been regenerated, or born again, by the spirit of God because they repented of their sins and believed in Jesus as the son of God and their substitute, then yes.

We are all at different stages of understanding in our walk with God. It is not up to us to decide who is a true believer or not (even though I know we all make those kinds of judgments from time to time). I know that when I was first born again, it was sometimes hard to tell that I was! And every once in a while, when I let the devil get the upper hand, it still is. But God is my Father, I was born into His family, and I will always be His child. There is so much assurance in that!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:46 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,618 times
Quote:

9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else(We are John 10 people), Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about[a] himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

13"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' 14"I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

I wonder if the tax collector was a follower of Jesus or a John 10 person ?

Footnote
The Pharisee probably knew the scriptures back to front but did not know who the scriptures testified of.
Precisely, it is the difference between having a head knowledge of who God says He is and what His word says and having a heart knowledge of who God is and having His word embedded in our hearts, not just our minds.

Scripture tells us that even satan and all his legions believe in God and know His word and tremble, yet they are still what they are for its not about intellectual knowledge, but about the heart.

I thank God that He see's beyond all that we know, think we know, or don't know and looks straight into our hearts.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post

I thank God that He see's beyond all that we know, think we know, or don't know and looks straight into our hearts.
Amen, even when he looks straight into the hearts of those whose lives have been ruined by this life, there's no condemnation, He's a binder of wounds and healer of hearts to us.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:01 AM

428 posts, read 800,656 times
Exclamation In this response I'm assuming, like me, you are protestant...

I'm a born-again believer and I have to question your premise. Which Bible is the Whole Bible? Because the Catholics have more books that the Protestants don't, as does the Eastern Orthodox Church, seperate from the Catholics.

So according to them, it is you who only believes about 90% of the Bible, because you reject the "extra" books that aren't accepted as part of the Canon by Protestants.

How do you know they aren't supposed to be included?

I myself do believe the Bible to be inspired by God, and (generally) to be the Word of God. There are some things that make me question man's influence on it though. Does that make me evil, unregenerate, a false Christian?

NO.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,184,699 times
God makes the bible what it is, not the other way around. On an intellectual level, your "knowledge" of God will dictate how you interpret what you read about Him. That's why we must have a relationship with Him that's outside the bible - in order to know Him inside it.

Know what I mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity