Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:15 PM

5 posts, read 9,521 times

Advertisements

I was recently involved in a deliverance service where many demons were cast out of me, including the demon of insanity. While i was being ministered to i was almost fully conscious of what i was saying and doing. I distinctly remember myself teasing the people who were helping me and saying "what spirit?, and"what blood?" I also mentioned saying i was an arch demon. After this, i tried to live my normal christian life before the incident, but since my whole view and concept of my christianity was shattered. I no longer felt any enthusiasm in praise and worship at church, even though i was one of the most energetic people in the choir just weeks before. I no longer found joy in reading the bible and i started to slip back into old habits. I alzo stopped caring about school and my friends. Then i remembered the bible verse that said that whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit is unforgiven in this world and the next. I have read up on this a lot and i'm still not sure whether i would qualify, or whether my whole life direction would have to be towards sin with no attempt to get back to God. I would however like to get back on track and i really had thought that i had loved God before this. Now with this new apathetic spirit dogging me i can't tell if this is right or not. I do not want to go to hell. Someone please help me!

The reason i needed the exorcism was that i had been hearing voices in my head, tormenting me, and i also lived mostly in my little dream world filled with humanlike cat creatures that i had given names. All my friends thought i was crazy (and still do). I also talked to myself alot. I also had issues with my family and my memory, and i could not remember the first nine years of my life. It was later found out during my deliverance that i had apperently been "messed with" as a child. To the best of my current memory, demons of hate, lust, insanity, low selfesteem, rage, murder, depression, deception and the reigning demons felicity and thomas were cast out. I think they also broke a generational curse off of me as well. This took two sessions and about 6 and a half hours. I hope this helps.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 08:52 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
"I do not want to go to hell. Someone please help me!"

Call on the name of Jesus daily! Now that you know the demons by name, rebuke them in the name of Jesus! To use the name of Jesus Christ though, you must live under the authority of Jesus Christ, totally surrendering to His will and His way! Create an atmosphere of PRAISE where Jesus Christ is honored. You must commit to living for Christ! Praise silences the voice of the enemy. God dwells in the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3).

You have to determine what areas of demonic influence are present in your life. Things that you use to do, you can't do them anymore, places you use to go, you can't go anymore, people that you use to know......

Seek the counsel of a Pastor. Ask for help. I am by no means an authority figure on this subject. I just know what the Lord has done for plain old me and KNOW, that He is able to do it for you too. Call on Him sincerely, He keeps His promises and will show up. God wants you free. All things are possible to him who believes. Mark 9:23

"Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray for complete deliverance from the power of the enemy. Lord, You are a faithful God and when we have Your faith, boldness, and power, we have power over the enemy. Father, I pray that You instill Your faith in Lily399 to believe in Your promise of deliverance. Lord, help her to believe that this was already accomplished at the cross. Lord, continue to draw her to Yourself and manifest Your Son in her so that she receives that full faith and power from Jesus. Help her to walk by faith that it's no longer she that lives, but Christ lives in her, and Christ has complete authority and power over Satan and his spirits. Lily399 belongs to You Lord. She is yours. Deliver her, Father. Give her Your supernatural strength, boldness, confidence and peace that surpasses all understanding. In the wonderful name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Hope this helps.

Betsey

Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 PM

33,246 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily399 View Post
I was recently involved in a deliverance service where many demons were cast out of me, including the demon of insanity. While i was being ministered to i was almost fully conscious of what i was saying and doing. I distinctly remember myself teasing the people who were helping me and saying "what spirit?, and"what blood?" I also mentioned saying i was an arch demon. After this, i tried to live my normal christian life before the incident, but since my whole view and concept of my christianity was shattered. I no longer felt any enthusiasm in praise and worship at church, even though i was one of the most energetic people in the choir just weeks before. I no longer found joy in reading the bible and i started to slip back into old habits. I alzo stopped caring about school and my friends. Then i remembered the bible verse that said that whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit is unforgiven in this world and the next. I have read up on this a lot and i'm still not sure whether i would qualify, or whether my whole life direction would have to be towards sin with no attempt to get back to God. I would however like to get back on track and i really had thought that i had loved God before this. Now with this new apathetic spirit dogging me i can't tell if this is right or not. I do not want to go to hell. Someone please help me!

The reason i needed the exorcism was that i had been hearing voices in my head, tormenting me, and i also lived mostly in my little dream world filled with humanlike cat creatures that i had given names. All my friends thought i was crazy (and still do). I also talked to myself alot. I also had issues with my family and my memory, and i could not remember the first nine years of my life. It was later found out during my deliverance that i had apperently been "messed with" as a child. To the best of my current memory, demons of hate, lust, insanity, low selfesteem, rage, murder, depression, deception and the reigning demons felicity and thomas were cast out. I think they also broke a generational curse off of me as well. This took two sessions and about 6 and a half hours. I hope this helps.

It's important to realize that if you have truly been saved through faith alone in Christ alone, that is, if you have placed your trust in Christ for eternal salvation, then you can't be indwelt by a demon. The reason is because the body of a believer is indwelt by all three members of the Trinity. God the Holy Spirit indwells the body of the believer in order to make it a temple for the indwelling of Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 6:19. 'Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?' Only an unbeliever can be actually indwelt by a demon.

A believer can come under demonic influence-doctrines of demons, by ignoring the word of God and opening himself to demonic influence through certain activities like seances, occult practices of various kinds, sexual orgies, homosexualilty, drug addiction,etc...

Ask yourself if you ever simply placed your faith in the finished work of Christ on the Cross for salvation without adding any works to that faith thinking that those works were in any way neccessary for your salvation. Many people think they are saved when in fact they are not. Salvation is as simple as this. Acts 16:31 ''Believe in the Lord Jesus and you shall be saved.'' And that's all it takes to be eternally saved.

If you are truly saved than you must make use of the principle of 1 John 1:9. If we acknowledge our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.'' (Unknown sins) This puts you back into fellowship with God and under the control of God the Holy Spirit and in a position to learn the word of God so that you can grow spiritually.

And don't worry about the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Matthew 12:22-32 and Mark 3:22-30.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit had to do with the Pharisees accusing Jesus Christ of performing His miracles by the power of Satan rather than by the power of the Holy Spirit. It was tantamount to rejection of Christ as the Messiah. The sin of unbelief.

This link explains it.

What is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Here are some other links that I hope you will look at.

Eternal Security (http://jrcyouth.com/love24.htm - broken link)

Doctrine of Rebound (http://jrcyouth.com/love1.htm - broken link) Naming your sins to God.

God's Plan of Salvation | Bible.org; NET Bible, Bible Study

ABCs for Christian Growth--Laying the Foundation | Bible.org; NET Bible, Bible Study

I hope this is of help to you.

And remember that if you are an unbeliever and desire an eternal relationship with God, then it is Simply a matter of placing your trust-faith in Christ for salvation. And if you are already a believer (and I know that you said that you are) then the issue is getting back into fellowship with God by naming your known sins to Him so that you are under the control of the Holy Spirit, and then start learning Bible doctrine. Study the information in the links I provided.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:11 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Dear Lily...

...as I read your post early this morning before the sun rose in the sky, I've struggled with the question to myself as to what could I say to encourage you and lift you up...as my heart feels so much compassion for your plea...so I prayed to God for you, and asked Him to help me respond with an answer that would surley come from Him and not myself...hours passed by as I sat here in the dark with you heavily upon my heart...my Bible close to me, nestled safely and warmly between my two arms as I type this to you...The Lord led me to this Psalm to give to you Lily...Chapter 71...He is saying this to you personally...hold it in your heart continually, for the days to come they (these Words of God) will be your strength to endure and overcome any and all things which are not of God and His perfect, precious plan for your life in Him...just know Lily...know that He is with you and He sees and knows everything that is in your heart...you are His creation, and you were created to love Him and He has a purpose for you precious child of God...

In Thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in Thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline Thine ear unto me, and save me. Be Thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: Thou hast given commandment to save me; for Thou art my Rock and my Fortress.
Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. For Thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: Thou art my trust from my youth. By Thee have I been holden up from the womb: Thou art He that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of Thee.
I am as a wonder unto many; but Thou art my strong Refuge. Let my mouth be filled with Thy praise and with Thy honor all the day. Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth. For mine enemies speak against me; and they that lay wait for my soul take counsel together, saying, God hath forsaken her; for there is none to deliver her.
O God, be not far from me: O my God, make haste for my help. Let them be confounded and consumed that are adversaries to my soul; let them be covered with reproach and dishonor that seek my hurt.
But I will hope continually, and will yet praise Thee more and more. My mouth shall show forth Thy righteousness and Thy salvation all the day; for I know not the numbers thereof.
I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of Thy righteousness, even of thine only.
O God, Thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared Thy wonderous works. Now also when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shown Thy strength unto this generation, and Thy power to every one that is to come.
Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto Thee!
Thou, which hast shown me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth!!!!!!!!! (Hallalujuah!!!)
Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side!
I will also praise Thee with the psaltery, even Thy truth, O my God: unto Thee will I sing with the harp, O Thou Holy One of Israel!
My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto Thee; and my soul, which Thou hast redeemed!
My tongue also shall talk of Thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt!!!

Praise Him Lily!...through the pain and through the storm...praise Him and thank Him with a song in your heart...don't stop ever singing His praises Lily!...SING A NEW SONG LILY!...You have a new song to sing unto Him...and KNOW He loves you and considers you more precious than all the gold and silver and all the riches in the world! You are valuable...priceless...and you belong to Him! Trust Him Lily...trust Him.

Love in Christ Jesus,

Verna.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:33 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,416,484 times
I am truly shocked that no one seems concerned for the OP's mental health! This sounds like Schizophrenia to me and I am NOT passing judgement, I'm just worried for the OP's safety. Prayer and belief are wonderful but they won't cure someone from a mental disorder. Abuse in childhood is also a terrible issue that needs therapy from a professional in order to overcome it. Please see a M.D. as there are many medications available, no one need suffer! This is not the Dark Ages where any affliction was blammed on demons.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:15 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,717,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I am truly shocked that no one seems concerned for the OP's mental health! This sounds like Schizophrenia to me and I am NOT passing judgement, I'm just worried for the OP's safety. Prayer and belief are wonderful but they won't cure someone from a mental disorder. Abuse in childhood is also a terrible issue that needs therapy from a professional in order to overcome it. Please see a M.D. as there are many medications available, no one need suffer! This is not the Dark Ages where any affliction was blammed on demons.
Yep, my first thought as well. Assuming a single session, or a few over a few weeks, cured long-standing issues is a bit of a stretch. Seek out real professional help. The church and your religion can be a part of your recovery, but unless you're using "demons of ..." as a metaphor, I'm not convinced there's been much real progress here to fixing the root of the problem.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:53 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Yep, my first thought as well. Assuming a single session, or a few over a few weeks, cured long-standing issues is a bit of a stretch. Seek out real professional help. The church and your religion can be a part of your recovery, but unless you're using "demons of ..." as a metaphor, I'm not convinced there's been much real progress here to fixing the root of the problem.

Yes, I too, do encourage professional help, yet no doctor can save you from from the grasp of hell, you understand? It's only by the blood of Jesus Christ that we are saved.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:09 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Yes, I too, do encourage professional help, yet no doctor can save you from from the grasp of hell, you understand? It's only by the blood of Jesus Christ that we are saved.
...Amen!

Old 02-12-2010, 07:20 PM

310 posts, read 589,583 times
Moderator cut: inappropriate language This poor lady is not affected by demons! She needs to seek professional psychiatric help! By all means give her support and encouragement through her religion, if that will keep her on track to recovery, but don't feed her your utter fantasy baloney about how saying magical religious phrases or mere praying is going to cure her mental illness! That is how people end up dead, and how kids of people who think mere prayer end up dead.

OP seek immediate psychiatric help. Lean on your religious family for moral support but do NOT expect your mental illness to be cured by prayer. If your god exists he gave humans the ability to treat mental illness by going to the appropriate doctor.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-12-2010 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: inappropriate words or shorcuts to them are not allowed

Old 02-13-2010, 03:38 PM

15 posts, read 16,017 times
Default For your encouragement,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily399 View Post
...... After this, i tried to live my normal christian life before the incident, but since my whole view and concept of my christianity was shattered. I no longer felt any enthusiasm in praise and worship at church, even though i was one of the most energetic people in the choir just weeks before. I no longer found joy in reading the bible and i started to slip back into old habits. I alzo stopped caring about school and my friends. Then i remembered the bible verse that said that whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit is unforgiven in this world and the next. ...
First off, you use the words "feel" and "felt" a lot. Forget about feelings. They are deceptive and none of us can trust them. As far as feelings of "caring", maybe the Lord is just rewiring you for now. And as for enthusiasm and energy, if you've been through an exorcism, believe me, it takes a lot out of you. Don't "try" to be any certain way. Just look to the Lord and trust Him that He will lovingly lead you. I'm 61. I know He is trustworthy in every tiny part of your life.

Before I became a Christian, by that I mean, before I was saved...I was into Satanism. After I was saved, I had strong spiritual battles and terrible nightmares. The devil doesn't like to lose a mind that has been yielding to him, but let me tell you what happened to me. I started memorizing key Bible verses. I meditated on the Word. I fell away from it. I came back to it. I got strong in it and then fell away. I came back and got into it even more strongly. In the last forty years, I've fallen many times, but each time I came back to Him and He picked me up and received me as lovingly as if I'd never fallen.

The Bible says, "A righteous man falls seven times and rises up again." That means that we fall over and over again, but the thing that brings out Jesus righteousness in us, is the rising up again. It's like going on a diet. I learned that if I cheated and ate a candy bar or whatever, that I was tempted to just give up all together, but I learned that if I just started again and dumped the self hatred, that I could recover.

The Lord is the one that supplies our strength and He has provided His Word to keep us. Drink it in even if it's just a little at a time. The Word of God is powerful. The devil cannot stand it. Go to it again and again and read the parts that comfort you. For example, Psalm 27 says, "The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even my enemy and my foes came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled a fell." Repeat it over and over and over and I guarantee that, as James said, if you "Resist the devil and he WILL flee from you." He will flee.

"Be strong in the Lord..." you cannot be strong in yourself. We are all weak and helpless jellyfish. Like it says, "My heart and my flesh fails, but God is the strength of my heart..." Jesus is a bunker inside of a mountain. Turn the eyes of your heart towards His love for you. You are special to Him. He cares what happens to you.

And, believe me, you are not in the "blasphemy of the Holy Ghost" category. Don't even think about that or worry about it. Forget that. Just get your mind fixed on the Truth and Jesus promised "...the Truth shall make you free."

You cannot free yourself. Lean on the Word. Lean on the Lord and His powerful promises. "Fight the good fight of faith. Lay hold on Eternal Life." You are not dead. Your life is with Christ and He holds you. He will not let you go. He is stronger than your sins.

Keep your mind and heart on Him. "Trust in the Lord with ALL thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path." "This poor man cried and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his afflictions." Keep the Word in your mind and heart instead of trying to "not hear" other things.

Jesus is stronger than you are. He is stronger than your own thoughts. Turn your eyes and heart towards the light and the darkness flees automatically. It's always your choice.

For Bible study, I highly recommend downloading E-Sword (e-Sword - the Sword of the LORD with an electronic edge) Just download that along with the commentaries, etc. and it primes the pump to get the Word flowing. Another site I found to be wonderful is Ray Stedman Library - A wonderful pastor who is now with Jesus. Lots of fascinating Bible studies there.

And always ask for prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity