Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:04 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Someone ought to explain to these unsophisticated people that the RCC ignores so many of the Bible's precepts that if it does not keep a few of them, nobody at all will believe it's a church.
I've seen your posts. You don't have a clue either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 11:17 AM

136 posts, read 203,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I think Communion should be available to anyone who wants to take it. Just like the church doors should be open to all who desire to attend, but both are optional.
Exactly I am so glad that salvation don't depend on being Catholic alone.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:24 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
So what common belief does a Protestant have with a Catholic? Nothing worth mentioning. The two beliefs are diametrically opposed, despite all the propaganda that the media and denominations produce.

Maybe they are like the RCC, that, in the West, cannot decide whether the bread has changed or not.

Non-Catholics who give credence to the RCC in the West support it in its campaign to spread superstition in undeveloped countries.
So shibata what is with all this hate, I see it in all your posts.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:26 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,413 times
Is shibata reading to many comic books from Chick Publications?

Old 03-01-2010, 11:37 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
So shibata what is with all this hate, I see it in all your posts.
Or maybe it's love.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:51 PM

437 posts, read 1,071,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
I'm not Catholic, but rather Protestant, and have taken communion during Catholic funerals. No one was turned away, if anything it was encouraged. (Sort of a don't ask, don't tell policy..LOL) About the only person who did not take it was a non practicing divorced Catholic. I know that there were a number of other non Catholics who took communion at some of these funerals, so I was not alone.

Was I wrong to do so? I don't think so. In my heart, I felt it was acceptable to do so in the eyes of God as I approached the communion in a very respectful manner.

I think we Christians spend WAY too much time worrying about our differences instead of focusing on our common beliefs.

I would not and have not ever taken Communion in a Protestant Church. I have, however, had Protestants make sure that I know it's not for me (as a Catholic visiting).

Unless you truly believe that Catholic Communion becomes the Body and Blood of Christ, it's my personal conviction that you were wrong to take communion even during a funeral. Most people who do so - also at weddings - do so because they just don't understand and think it's the proper thing to do when it really isn't.

I am glad that you approached it with respect; that is excellent but Communion in the Catholic church is intended for those who share the belief that it truly is the Body and Blood of our Lord.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:23 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joetownmom View Post
Communion in the Catholic church is intended for those who share the belief that it truly is the Body and Blood of our Lord.
If one does not share that belief, one thinks that it is just bread and wine. Now if both sorts of believers eat the Body of Christ/bread, what difference of effect on them may be perceptible?

Old 03-02-2010, 04:40 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,337,535 times
As a Catholic, the Eucharist is for me a profound sacrament that I take very seriously.

But that is my personal belief,
and there are times I will refrain from taking it because I believe I'm not at that moment "in communion" with the Church.
That again is my personal choice.

The fact remains, the Catholic Church has some rules. Notwithstanding the diversity amoungst it's members.

Not taking communion is a clear expression of my belief that either I've screwed up, or my belief that the Church has.

Either way, my actions are serious and deliberate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity