Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:01 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,030,437 times

Advertisements

Did anyone see last night's final episode of the LOST Series. I am a huge fan of the show & I was sad to see it end. However, I think that a lot of last night's show had spiritual undertones in it.

Especially in the finale & w/ Desmond talking to Kate in the beginning (kind of like a God figure) & then how he went to the "bottomless pit" to go remove that "thing" (in the Bible, Christ went down to retrieve the keys of Hell to lock it away) As a Christian, it seemed like a lot of it dealt with purgatory & the concepts of heaven/hell. Other than that, I thought it was a great ending & yeah I can agree that it was a little "easy way out", but if the show dragged on, it wouldn't have been as special.

Of course, these are just my speculations, so don't bash me for it. Thanks!!

If anyone watched it & cares to share more about it, feel free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 05:09 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,030,437 times
Mods, could you move this to the Christianity thread? pretty please?

Old 05-24-2010, 05:26 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Mods, could you move this to the Christianity thread? pretty please?
Well, since you asked sooooo sweetly...

Old 05-24-2010, 05:36 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Dang it, guys!! You've got me crying and I was just about to leave for the store....

Lost was my favorite show. I did not miss an episode, NOT ONCE, until recently. I quit watching this season. My mom was also a fan and couldn't wait to see how it ended, but she died a month ago. In our last conversation she told me she was upset that she would never know how it ended.

I have not been able to watch it since. Maybe in another lifetime, brother.

(my husband says she knows how it ends, now)

Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Dang it, guys!! You've got me crying and I was just about to leave for the store....

Lost was my favorite show. I did not miss an episode, NOT ONCE, until recently. I quit watching this season. My mom was also a fan and couldn't wait to see how it ended, but she died a month ago. In our last conversation she told me she was upset that she would never know how it ended.

I have not been able to watch it since. Maybe in another lifetime, brother.

(my husband says she knows how it ends, now)
Sorry, herefornow. That's really tough.

I'm going to miss Lost. The finale left plenty of loose ends but, for me, the show was always about the characters more than the plot. I loved the way they handled that part of it; the "awakenings" were great. And I'm a sucker for a happy ending so I'm good with it.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:12 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sorry, herefornow. That's really tough.

I'm going to miss Lost. The finale left plenty of loose ends but, for me, the show was always about the characters more than the plot. I loved the way they handled that part of it; the "awakenings" were great. And I'm a sucker for a happy ending so I'm good with it.

Thank you, Pleroo.

I saw that you listed "What Dreams May Come" as a favorite movie. I saw it a long time ago, but I forgot all about it until just now. Maybe I'll watch it again. Interesting movie, to say the least.

You really can't beat Lost, though. Awesome show. Maybe I'll get around to watching the rest of it one of these days.

Last edited by herefornow; 05-24-2010 at 08:11 PM..

Old 05-24-2010, 07:49 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Thank you, Pleroo.

I saw that you listed "What Dreams May Come" as a favorite movie. I saw it a long time ago, but I forgot all about it until just now. Maybe I'll watch it again. Interesting movie, to say the least.
That story moved me more than anything I have ever seen. The theme of a "savior" who redeems by entering into the sorrow of another person was so powerful to me.

Quote:
You really can't beat lost, though. Awesome show. Maybe I'll get around to watching the rest of it one of these days.

I hope you will, and I hope it will bring lots and lots of wonderful and comforting memories of your mother when you do.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:27 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,584 times
They took many things from many different myths and fiction (same thing).

Old 05-26-2010, 02:45 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Even though the finale did not explain everything; it was awesome. Loved the subtle tie-ins to spirituality/death/life/love/forgiveness.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:16 AM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
We were up at our cabin on the lake for the long weekend and my husband had taped it. We were upset to find that in error he taped the 2 hour preview special instead of the finale..... I am a huge LOST fan and even explored Hawaii, the Others Village, the Lost Crash Site and Hurley's golf course. Does any one know if it with air again anytime soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity