Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 04:27 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
You must be confused, this is the auto forum.

Politics is down there ↓↓↓

You must be REALLY confused, as you were the one who decided to place politically-related humor in this thread.
I was merely responding--in a political sense--to your politically-related post.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 04:31 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
That car should have been turned in during the CFC debacle and he shoulda gotten a new Volt - at corporate executive privelige price of course.

Old 01-23-2012, 05:39 PM

24,458 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Wasn't Al Gore driving a full-size SUV when he got pulled over for speeding a few years ago?
That was Gore JR.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:45 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
Al Gore III was pulled over in a Prius, at 100 mph, IIRC, in Orange County, not an SUV. Al Gore Jr. (former VP) got heat for his entourage of an SUV and Lincoln Town Cars were idling during a speech about climate change in DC, after which he went for a private jet trip.

That said, Presidential cars may or may not attract a premium. I do believe that Secretary Clinton's Oldsmobile Ciera, when she was First Lady, which was purchased at auction by a White House employee, did not fetch the lofty heights of collector price tags. A run-of-the-mill 300, it would have a bit of a premium attached to it, but is not worth anywhere close to $100k., much less seven figures.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-24-2012, 05:08 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I remember a story about him driving a 300C as a senator from a while ago, so yeah it is proably the same car.
Somewhere between $45K and $50K, if sales are indicative of anything.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:40 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Al Gore III was pulled over in a Prius, at 100 mph, IIRC, in Orange County, not an SUV. Al Gore Jr. (former VP) got heat for his entourage of an SUV and Lincoln Town Cars were idling during a speech about climate change in DC, after which he went for a private jet trip.
I was talking about Al Gore, Jr. He got a ticket for going 77 in a 55 in Oregon back in 2004. I remember hearing it on the radio at the time and am pretty sure it was mentioned that it was a Suburban he was driving, but none of the online articles I could find mention the type of vehicle.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:42 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,111,576 times
After reading the "autocheck" report on the ebay listing, this is more like "A Chrysler 300C that Obama, or some other guy from the Chicago area leased for 3 years, turned in, then finally got into the hands of an opportunist who incorrectly thinks its worth a fortune"

I'm not familiar with IL, but in most other states, if someone buys a lease turn-in vehicle, its almost impossible for them to figure out who originally leased it, since their name was never really on the title. I doubt Obama would have left a copy of the lease agreement in the glovebox or something like that.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:08 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
I find it funny that some people make the comment "it probably is his car since I know he drove a 300". Um, don't you think if someone was going to try and pull a con they would find out what kind of car he drove?

Old 01-24-2012, 10:42 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,394,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I was talking about Al Gore, Jr. He got a ticket for going 77 in a 55 in Oregon back in 2004. I remember hearing it on the radio at the time and am pretty sure it was mentioned that it was a Suburban he was driving, but none of the online articles I could find mention the type of vehicle.
I remember that, now that you mention it, but I think it was a rental car in which he was cited, not his own vehicle.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-24-2012, 11:58 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,287,388 times
I'd pay 1 dollar for it. Not a penny more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram