Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 09:01 PM

528 posts, read 823,829 times

Advertisements

I am almost 61 years old and in that time I have owned Ford's, Chevrolet's, Pontiac's, Oldsmobile's, Plymouth's, Dodge's, Jeep's, AMC'S, Toyota's, Mazda's, Chrysler's, Mercedes (Chrysler Crossfire) and a Renault. The Renault and one of the Pontiac's (I've owned 5) were the worst and the Jeep and the Mazda have been the best. I currently own the aforementioned Mazda a Jeep Cherokee, a Dodge Daytona and a Chrysler Crossfire. Personally I have been very happy with my Chrysler products over the years but, I also would have no problem buying any of the current makes available today if they had something I liked, wanted or could afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 11:07 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,186,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider7811 View Post
I have owned at least seven Chrysler brand vehicles since 1990 for my wife/ family vehicle.
I havent had a bad one yet. Current is a 2005 Grand Caravan with 170K.
It has held up very well. Paint is looking rough due to 10 years in the Florida sun.
I worked for a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer from 1997 to 2011. I referred many family and friends to buy a vehicle from my employer. If I thought they were bad, I certainly would not want to hear the grief.
I would buy another one without hesitation.
I do think Toyota makes good vehicles but they huge dealerships with matching service and parts departments. If you think they are just doing oil changes all day long you are only fooling yourself.
My wife owned a Hyundai in the late 1980s. It was the biggest POS ever. It fell apart at the 30K mark. You could not give her a new Hyundai today.
I hope her next car is a Hyundai. Today's Hyundai is nothing like Hyundai of 25+ years ago. You can't base an opinion of a car company on a car that is over 15 years old. I rode in a 2012 Genesis and was thoroughly impressed. I've been in several Hyundais - 2000s and 2010s - and they are nice cars.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:28 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
I hope her next car is a Hyundai. Today's Hyundai is nothing like Hyundai of 25+ years ago. You can't base an opinion of a car company on a car that is over 15 years old. I rode in a 2012 Genesis and was thoroughly impressed. I've been in several Hyundais - 2000s and 2010s - and they are nice cars.
Why can't people see that it's the same with other car companies? Dodge is the same way.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:55 PM

414 posts, read 931,391 times
Quote:
I REALLY like the look of the new Hyundai Genesis Coupe with the 3.8L V6...Like several people though, I am reluctant to put my faith AND my $$ into a Korean car.

My GF had a 2013 Sonata as a rental recently and since I've never driven a Korean car, I asked her to let me drive it. VERY odd car...noisy and harsh 4 cylinder and very unusually low sloping roof line, even for a sporty sedan. Fit & finish was ok, I guess...

Guess I'll have to test drive the Genesis and the new Mustang (when it comes out). Have a feeling I'll like the Mustang better..lol

Old 07-15-2014, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Why can't people see that it's the same with other car companies? Dodge is the same way.
I'll give Dodge "hit or miss" status today. It's clear they have made many improvements in the last few years. Hyundai, on the other hand, has made largely decent cars since the mid 1990s, and generally good cars since the mid-late 2000s. Dodge still has some crummy models though. The new Dart is worse than a rusted out, non working 30 year old Corolla.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:28 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,668,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Once you switch to a Toyota/Japanese product its not likely you'll return to unreliable American products.
Unless it's a Nissan. I'm beginning to loathe my Titan. I've owned every brand of full size truck except a Tundra ( a friend owns one) and the only one I've never worked on were any of my F150s aside from one alternator.

The Rams were prone to dash cracks from 1994 through the mid 2000s. My Ram was probably the worst truck I've ever owned. The dash grenaded a few times, and if you replace it you'll see it happen again. Between the dash, radiator failures, transmission failures, and paint degradation that truck cost me a fortune before I sold it.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:13 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,725,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
I really do think that if more people saw the horrible reliability ratings that Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth products have gotten in Consumer Reports over the years, they would never buy one.
I dunno about all that. It doesn't seem to effect Land Rover at all...

Here

Old 07-15-2014, 08:38 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
The new Dart is worse than a rusted out, non working 30 year old Corolla.
Yeah, no bias there at all

Old 07-15-2014, 10:05 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,294,323 times
Quote:
Dodge still has some crummy models though. The new Dart is worse than a rusted out, non working 30 year old Corolla.
In what way? Looks? 'Cause the Alfa chassis that underpins it is pretty good, the 2.4 liter tigershark engine is more than decent and the sport version of the Dart handles and drives quite nicely. The entry level version is supposed to be cheap and shows it, but that doesn't make the overall lineup crummy.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Yeah, no bias there at all
I'd take ANY rusted out 30 year old small car over a Dart, including a 1984 Dodge Aries (the equivalent of the Dart in 1984).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram