Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 02:23 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburger View Post
As if the number of doors matters

It'd be Hellcat or nothing for me.
If you don't think the number of doors matter you don't get it. Chargers were cars for young people who wanted something very cool and badass. They didn't need back doors for kids or groceries.

We were 18,19,20 when we drove them. This thing may be a fast sedan but it's not a Charger.

If I want a fast sedan I'll buy an Infinity, Lexus or BMW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 03:24 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If you don't think the number of doors matter you don't get it. Chargers were cars for young people who wanted something very cool and badass. They didn't need back doors for kids or groceries.

We were 18,19,20 when we drove them. This thing may be a fast sedan but it's not a Charger.

If I want a fast sedan I'll buy an Infinity, Lexus or BMW.
You're going to have a hard time finding an Infiniti, Lexus or BMW sedan that is faster than a Charger Hellcat. Outside of BMW's high dollar M cars you're also not going to find one faster than the SRT. You buy those cars for build and materials quality but not performance in this league.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
0-60 in 6.5 seconds for a 2 ton car is hardly no go

I never understood the "has to be a V8" mentality, the Pentastar easily beats many V8 cars.

Camry... that's too funny
I'm not big on the Camry myself but a 2014 does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds so that Pentastar is going to be getting a nice view of its rear.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:31 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I'm not big on the Camry myself but a 2014 does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds so that Pentastar is going to be getting a nice view of its rear.
I'm sure there are a number of imports that'll out accelerate it as they are much lighter, that wasn't the point of my post. And I'd rather be behind a Camry than in one.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:37 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I'm sure there are a number of imports that'll out accelerate it as they are much lighter, that wasn't the point of my post. And I'd rather be behind a Camry than in one.
Definitely behind them considering the out of control acceleration thing that Toyota denies but still keeps killing people. Toyota, the top choice for ISIS.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Definitely behind them considering the out of control acceleration thing that Toyota denies but still keeps killing people. Toyota, the top choice for ISIS.
It's not that they deny but that it has effectively been proven to be a non issue. I'd be far more worried in a GM vehicle from a safety perspective because they have been proven to kill and kill again. Full disclosure, I don't own a Toyota or GM vehicle.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:50 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Get the new mustang. And have enough money left over for a new motorcycle. If you ride.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:07 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,480 times
Thanks guys.

So again still thinking this over as the purchase won't be made until next year, but I'm also considering other vehicle options as well.

You see here's the thing. I just need to have something that I feel pride in driving down the street that also allows for great customization (which gets a lot of attention), but is at a GOOD price. My price range is always under $20,000 for the unit and any accessories.

Do you guys have any ideas for other unit options besides the Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger, Camaro and Mustang?

I was going to try to also do something this time around where I can buy a unit in 2016 and maybe just keep it for another 10 years, rather than do what I have been doing which is trading the units back in after about 5 years. Holding for 10 years would save a lot of money, but at the same time I don't want to be driving something that is outdated or "not cool" anymore either lol.

Hopefully you guys can understand where I'm coming from with this

Old 09-04-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Thanks guys.

So again still thinking this over as the purchase won't be made until next year, but I'm also considering other vehicle options as well.

You see here's the thing. I just need to have something that I feel pride in driving down the street that also allows for great customization (which gets a lot of attention), but is at a GOOD price. My price range is always under $20,000 for the unit and any accessories.

Do you guys have any ideas for other unit options besides the Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger, Camaro and Mustang?

I was going to try to also do something this time around where I can buy a unit in 2016 and maybe just keep it for another 10 years, rather than do what I have been doing which is trading the units back in after about 5 years. Holding for 10 years would save a lot of money, but at the same time I don't want to be driving something that is outdated or "not cool" anymore either lol.

Hopefully you guys can understand where I'm coming from with this
For under $20k you can pick up a low mileage used Hyundai Genesis Coupe with the 3.8 V6 (306hp for pre 2013 and 348hp for after). I had a modified 2.0T before my V8 Genesis Sedan and the car was a blast. It's RWD and the Track/R-SPEC models come with factory limited slip differential, stiffened suspension, rear wheel drive and Brembo brakes on all four corners. I had a 2011 and generally prefer the pre 2013 cars before the face lift but you may feel differently. I think they are gorgeous cars, I got approached by strangers pretty much the whole time I owned it at gas stations, parking lots, streets, etc asking about the car. They come with automatic and manual transmissions. A lot of guys track them and they have proven to be reliable. The Challenger and Charger are both really nice cars as well but I figured I'd give you another option.

This was my 2011:

If you're into sedans, used Hyundai Genesis Sedans can be had with the 385hp V8 for under $20 as well. If you can spend $25k you can get the 429hp 5.0 V8. They are very nice cars, the ride is great, plenty of power and Lexus quiet inside. Here is my 2010 (it has a lot of work done to it, outside and under the hood):

Last edited by iTsLiKeAnEgG; 09-04-2015 at 11:05 PM..

Old 09-04-2015, 11:15 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,992,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
So next year is the time for me to update my current car unit.

For reference, this is the car I have currently:

Dodge Avenger SXT Slideshow by Tenacity99 | Photobucket

I got this immediately last year just to continue my "car cycle" after my Dodge Charger got flooded out in August 2014. This was my Charger right here:

Dodge Charger SXT Slideshow by Tenacity99 | Photobucket

So next year I'm going to get the 2015 Dodge Charger or Dodge Challenger, and I'm stuck on which one to get? I'm pretty much paying out of pocket for the unit as my current Car is 100% paid off (also from out of pocket).

Chicks say that I should get the Dodge Challenger as the new look of the Dodge Charger they say isn't that "good". Just about every chick says get the Dodge Challenger.

I would be looking at keeping my blue color and putting on my chrome accessories, etc. For the tires, they would probably be 22 inchs but I might try 24 inches to see how they work. The custom rim shop where I buy rims says that for Chargers or Challengers you shouldn't go over 22 inches and I had 22 inches on my Charger. But I want to try something different this time, I don't think 24 inches will "hurt" will it?

Also in terms of getting the V6 or V8, I prefer the V6 because I really don't do the "fast and the furious" road racing stuff down the street lol. I mainly get my cars for "style".
Get a mustang as they are a better vehicle reliability/build-quality wise, don't buy the ghetto rims.

If you want ghetto rims and that kind of stuff, buy a 1996 Impala SS, throw some M&M wrapper or Snickers ad paint on the side, and do 26's. No sense doing anything half-way, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram