Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2011, 11:08 AM

2 posts, read 4,835 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move into one of the following school districts:

Mariemont
Madiera
Kings
Indian Hill

I think most would consider them all as "good" schools but I'm interested, if anyone out there is an alumni or knows of someone who went to any of these schools what the environment is like inside the schools. I have a child is on the quieter side which is why we are looking to move into a smaller district but I also have concerns about a smaller, more affluent district posing issues for the more shy type of kid as well.

I realize every kids' experience can be different no matter where they are but there are behavioral patterns that can be persistent over time at certain schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 11:24 AM

800 posts, read 781,212 times
My first post I deleted didn't really answer your questions.

I knew kids who went to Mariemont and IH, don't know anything about MAdeira really, and played against Kings in HS.

I wouldn't really worry about it in terms of money mixed with shyness, but Mariemont and especially IH have a much different culture than Kings

Old 08-02-2011, 11:37 AM

2 posts, read 4,835 times
Thanks for the response CincyIU29, would you mind expanding on what those cultural differences you mentioned are?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 PM

800 posts, read 781,212 times
Kings is your typically middle class jock high school, the town is obssesed with its football team and baseball is big too.

Mariemont and especially IH have a much weathier characteristics. Lacrosse is huge in both, i don't know if people even play baseball at either school The kids dress preppy, rainbows, lilly, sperries, designer jeans, oxfords etc. Though not everyone is like this for sure.

There's certainly a party scene at IH, probably Mariemont too, though I'm sure it can be avoided. I remeber being in Khakis in Madeira and overhearing some IH kids planning a huge party at some house one of the kids was watching, lots of parents on vacations=kids having parties. IH does get somewhat of a bad rap for this in Cincinnati, but it seems tamer than the stuff I hear coming out of similar places like Lake Forest, IL and East Grand Rapids, MI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati