Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 11:55 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,535,125 times

Advertisements

Purchased some battery acid from home depot for $20. Only needed half. Environmental Enteriprises charges a fee to get rid of it. Fire Stations don't take it. Auto Parts stores don't take it. Motorcycle shops don't take it. Auto shops don't take it. It's perfectly good acid. I wanted to dispose of it or give it to someone that can use it but the warren county office could only recommend EE for disposal. I guess I'll just mix some CaCO3 to neutralize with it on my patio and hose it off. I find it hard to belive that Warren County makes it so difficult for citizens to dispose of hazardous wastes correctly. In this case, this is perfectly good material. What gives?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 03:03 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,535,125 times
Found a battery shop off Seymour that willingly took it for free. Damn shame that it was such a process. Time to make some calls so that we have a much better system in place that doesn't discourage residents from proper disposal of hazardous materials by recommending that they go to a company (Environmental Enterprises in this case) that charges them to dispose of it. This is laughable at best. Yep, charge someone when they are trying to be environmentally safe and do the right thing...great idea. They are more than likely to just go dump it in the woods since it's such a hassle.

Last edited by maxmodder; 10-18-2013 at 03:15 PM..

Old 10-19-2013, 01:10 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,701,705 times
Warren County isn't real progressive in general and doesn't exactly have a "green" culture.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:37 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,792,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioan58 View Post
Warren County isn't real progressive in general and doesn't exactly have a "green" culture.
That is you opinion with which I totally disagree. Give us your definition of Green. You can hardly find an area more protective of Green than Warren County.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:55 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,297,480 times
The battery acid you disposed of was not really a hazard. I would have no trouble putting some lime in it and dumping it in my back yard. Sulfate salts are not toxic.

If the battery acid was in an actual lead acid battery then it is contaminated with lead and should be disposed of properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati