Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 07:44 AM

1,068 posts, read 1,429,710 times

Advertisements

I'm from Ohio and yes, it's conservative: look at who you voted for governor and are about vote for again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 07:46 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,551,138 times
From the original article:

"By car, Lebanon is roughly a one hour drive north of Cincinnati, and a 30-minute drive south from Dayton."

Weird, I left Christ hospital (Mt Auburn, about as "in Cincinnati" as you can be) last night at 9pm. I was unloading my father from the car at our Lebanon address (turtle creek township, to be fair, but mailing address is Lebanon and I am about 2 miles from town center) at 9:30pm.

I realize, that's non-rush hour. But rush hour only happens 2x a day, and honestly it rarely takes me more than 45 minutes to get from my hinterland address to downtown (even at rush hour, once you clear Kenwood, traffic actually does move).

Which isn't to say that Lebanon was the best location for this meeting, but that the intial posters (in the original article) overexaggeration of the distance of Lebanon to downtown Cincy is a bit histrionic.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:07 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Oh, I see. The ODOT needed to have a meeting in all of the Ohio cities, not just the five they chose. That makes sense. the people in Parma and Kettering are entitled to attend also. And so the meeting should be down the street from them as well. And, the other 50 significant cities in Ohio should have their meeting too. But, what about the other 317 smaller cities and towns. surely that left wing Streetsblog would care about the people in those areas as well.

Oh, by the way, does anyone here other than the OP know exactly who left wing nut Mark Gorton is?

Last edited by Wilson513; 11-04-2014 at 08:32 AM..

Old 11-04-2014, 01:15 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Ohio is not very Conservative. Runs a 50/50 split in most elections.

And why is someone in the Twin Cities so concerned about where a ODOT conference on mass transit is going to be held? Are you moving to Ohio?
Except it has 12 GOP Congressman to 4 Democrat...has a GOP dominated state Gov't. It only seems 50/50 when it comes to Presidential Elections and US Senate Elections.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post

"By car, Lebanon is roughly a one hour drive north of Cincinnati, and a 30-minute drive south from Dayton."

Weird, I left Christ hospital (Mt Auburn, about as "in Cincinnati" as you can be) last night at 9pm. I was unloading my father from the car at our Lebanon address (turtle creek township, to be fair, but mailing address is Lebanon and I am about 2 miles from town center) at 9:30pm.

I realize, that's non-rush hour. But rush hour only happens 2x a day, and honestly it rarely takes me more than 45 minutes to get from my hinterland address to downtown (even at rush hour, once you clear Kenwood, traffic actually does move).

Which isn't to say that Lebanon was the best location for this meeting, but that the intial posters (in the original article) overexaggeration of the distance of Lebanon to downtown Cincy is a bit histrionic.

Still, if a person has no vehicle, they can't get to Lebanon from Cincy or from Dayton. That is the person who uses Public Transportation the most...they should have the biggest say.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:07 PM

6,344 posts, read 11,092,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Except it has 12 GOP Congressman to 4 Democrat...has a GOP dominated state Gov't. It only seems 50/50 when it comes to Presidential Elections and US Senate Elections.
Many Republican's these days are RINO candidates. I'm a Conservative/Libertarian and don't believe much of what the Republican party stands for these days to be in line with traditional Conservative values. In other words I don't identify much at all with their current platform.

Ohio really is a middle of the road state politically these days.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:14 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,839,699 times
Might as well quit the talk now. Nothing will happen in Ohio with the same governor at the helm. At least in Ohio.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:46 PM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
The comments on the blog were fun to read, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
Maybe if you never take it out of first gear.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:02 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,299,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
The electorate that shows up on mid term election days is strongly conservative.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
The electorate that shows up on mid term election days is strongly conservative.
As proven yesterday...less than 40% turnout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati