Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2008, 10:21 PM

24 posts, read 80,695 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I live in West Chester and am relocating to St. Louis this summer. I am wanting to find a comparable suburb to the ones in West Chester, Mason, Loveland, Liberty Twp. We are looking for newer construction 4 BR, 3BA two story brick, 3 car gar, excellent school district, family neighborhood for professional transplants. I will be working in downtown St. Louis. I would like to keep the commute below 30 min. Does anyone know St. Louis well enough to comment?

Thanks!
Lewis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 10:26 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times
Try Missouri for that one. Both are great riverfront cities, but I think Cincinnati is more progressive than St. Louis. Cincinnati has a much better riverfront than St. Louis, and the crime in St. Louis is much worse. Good suburbs of St. Louis I know of one and that is St. Charles. Extemely nice suburb, great new housing developments (personally hate suburban sparwl) but what I saw there was nice. I have been to St. Louis many times, and honestly have had some good times there. Good luck in the move.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:50 PM

24 posts, read 80,695 times
Thanks for your response. I posted to the Missouri site but I was not completely satisfied with the responses. The members seem to be very parochial and I wanted an unbiased opinion from a transplant and someone who has not lived there their entire life.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:56 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis123 View Post
Thanks for your response. I posted to the Missouri site but I was not completely satisfied with the responses. The members seem to be very parochial and I wanted an unbiased opinion from a transplant and someone who has not lived there their entire life.
Sorry to hear that, LOL I know my comment sure helped a lot (NOT).

Old 01-27-2008, 04:49 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,551,138 times
I was looking at jobs there before I took the job in Cincinnati. My company was located in St. Charles, and I would say that is probably the area you want to start looking in. There are a suprising number of BIG businesses out there!! Its a cool city, plus you've got the rivers to enjoy again!! Good luck!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:40 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Lewis123, we have friends retired frm the USAF and they've lived in Glen Carbon and Edwardsville, ILL. Although I don't know that much about those areas, they did look nice when I stopped by for several overnight visits. I believe both are within 30 minutes of downtown St. Louis. Best of luck!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:05 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,719,836 times
Lewis123, check out Clayton, MO as well ...

Old 04-06-2008, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 6,821 times
I was born and raised in St. Louis and moved to Cincinnati about 2 years ago for a job. If you are working in St. Louis and don't want a drive any longer than 30 minutes you have a lot of choices.

First though, you have to factor in the driving situation. St. Louis unlike Cincinnati has horrible traffic and a "normal' 30 minute drive could easy take 45 minutes to a hour. Something else to consider is the main hwy. Highway 64 (or hwy. 40 as everyone refers to it) will be under construction for the next 3 years and parts are shut down. So, where to relocate? I would try St. Charles off hwy. 64/40 and hwy. 94 are really nice areas however you will be further than your 30 min commute. Living in Clayton is another choice. It will be a complete change from West Chester, due to the fact it's more of a city living however it's still considered a suburb of St. Louis County and are centrally located to everything. 20 minutes from downtown, great shopping, parks, and best of all, the school district is top notch. If you have any other questions you can email me at tlococo99@yahoo.com

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati