Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2008, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,003 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I will be moving cincinatti ,Ohio next month end (AUG 30th). I will be working downtown. My family is in columbus,Ohio. I am looking for apartment which is close to my work and good day care is near by. My daughter is 3 year old. I am looking for single bed room apartment with nice community and family oriented and safe.

It will be greatfull if anyone will help me out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 07:05 AM

310 posts, read 1,210,049 times
Default Downtown

What you want to spend on rent may direct you more to different areas of either Cincinnati or Northern Kentucky. Northern Kentucky may offer you more choices for inexpensive apartments and allowing you to be very close to downtown. Try using craigslist for searches. Here is the link.

craigslist: cincinnati, OH classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Good luck on your search and move!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 AM

132 posts, read 463,006 times
I worked downtown while raising my son as a single mom, living in the Park Hills / Ft. Wright area in Kentucky. Good daycares and elem. schools. Easy commute. Nice neighborhoods. You won't find something as close, nice, or inexpensive in Cincinnati.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:39 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
Price Hill is a short drive or bus ride west of downtown, and inexpensive to live in, but be careful where you look. Some streets are a lot nicer than others. And forget about Lower Price Hill (surrounding the corner of 8th and State, and including Hatmaker St.) That part has been the "neighborhood of last resort" for many many years - only present-day difference is that the residents are mainly Hispanic instead of Appalachian.

North of downtown, the surroundings don't turn "nice" for a couple of miles. To the east, the East End is leapfrogging from downtrodden to gentrified without much in between. Mt Adams has been home to pretty much nothing but serious money in recent times - the river views from there are literally "million dollar," lol.

"Across the river," the same story holds true for Covington and Newport as for Price Hill. On one block, you're in Mayberry; on the next, you're in trouble! The towns of Ludlow and Bromley, just west of Covington along the river on Route 8, look to be quiet and safe and inexpensive. The transit service on that side of the Ohio is called TANK, which has buses into downtown Cincinnati.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:53 AM

43 posts, read 291,002 times
Ft. Thomas, KY.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:55 AM

43 posts, read 291,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Price Hill is a short drive or bus ride west of downtown, and inexpensive to live in, but be careful where you look. Some streets are a lot nicer than others. And forget about Lower Price Hill (surrounding the corner of 8th and State, and including Hatmaker St.) That part has been the "neighborhood of last resort" for many many years - only present-day difference is that the residents are mainly Hispanic instead of Appalachian.

North of downtown, the surroundings don't turn "nice" for a couple of miles. To the east, the East End is leapfrogging from downtrodden to gentrified without much in between. Mt Adams has been home to pretty much nothing but serious money in recent times - the river views from there are literally "million dollar," lol.

"Across the river," the same story holds true for Covington and Newport as for Price Hill. On one block, you're in Mayberry; on the next, you're in trouble! The towns of Ludlow and Bromley, just west of Covington along the river on Route 8, look to be quiet and safe and inexpensive. The transit service on that side of the Ohio is called TANK, which has buses into downtown Cincinnati.
Agreed, anything that says East or Lower Price Hill/The incline district needs to be avoided. West PH still has lots of nice parts though...

Old 07-22-2008, 07:40 AM

710 posts, read 3,047,036 times
Gaslight Clifton is very nice, as is Prospect Hill

Old 07-24-2008, 08:53 AM

3 posts, read 9,293 times
I remember years ago my sister saying that the area near Owls Head Park was nice, but not sure if the same holds true. This was a while back. Maybe others can confirm if its still nice or not.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:46 PM

710 posts, read 3,047,036 times
it is nice

Old 07-27-2008, 12:52 PM

116 posts, read 304,714 times
I'd look across the river in KY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati