Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:38 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
As far as Asian women, I think someone may have already posted that Metro Atlanta was ranked as having the fastest growing Korean community in the nation.
Percentage wise, I believe that is right. By the same token, DFW has the fastest growing Indian population in the US.

But I got scared from Korean girls. Too many daddy issues. I had one date me just so she would **** her dad off by dating an "Arabic" guy (and mind you I look white).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 06:47 AM

88 posts, read 140,923 times
A lot of these numbers are not adding up. Hello??? CAn you post a LINK to the actual data.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:50 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,371,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Percentage wise, I believe that is right. By the same token, DFW has the fastest growing Indian population in the US.

But I got scared from Korean girls. Too many daddy issues. I had one date me just so she would **** her dad off by dating an "Arabic" guy (and mind you I look white).
What that ?

Old 07-28-2010, 06:53 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
What that ?
LOL, Hahahahahaha.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:45 AM

http://ima.dada.net/image/3083285.jpg (broken link)

Asian American model

Old 07-28-2010, 09:05 AM

699 posts, read 2,236,176 times
I, too, would like to see the link as well. Where are you getting these numbers? Is this for international immigration only? Or is domestic migration included?

It will be kind of interesting to compare the Hispanic and Asian growth between 2000 to 2008 (a relative boom period) to the period after. It's been highly noted that the immigration of both Hispanics and Asians has slowed considerably within the past few years for different reasons.

The economic downturn may have been bad for everyone, but it was the worst for those with low-skilled jobs (which a large proportion of Latin Americans held). Many Latin Americans have left the country because they were even more job opportunities elsewhere. The Latin-American population in the U.S. is still growing, but at a much slower rate. Predictions on when the U.S. will have a national minority-majority population have even been pushed back a decade.

Quote:
Downturn Slows Growth of Hispanics, Asians in U.S. - WSJ.com

While illegal Hispanic immigration remains a politically charged issue, births of Hispanic-American children are actually the driving force behind the Hispanic population increase. Despite a 14% decrease in Hispanic immigration last year, the country's Hispanic population grew by about 1.5 million people. More than two-thirds of that increase was from births, according to Mr. Johnson's analysis.
This brings about another interesting thought. Much of the developed world is experiencing population decline due to the loss of time within family life and also because it's just too stinking expensive to raise children (with the costs still rising). Places like Japan and Western Europe will soon have more retirees than the actual leftover population can support.

The U.S. was partly shielded from this due to large scale immigration, but the costs are still rising and immigrants with large families will feel this effect the most. This is the reason why I cringe at these 50-year population/economic predictions on this forum, while using current growth rates.

Asian population growth in America has changed in that East Asians are no longer coming in waves. Japanese immigration slowed to a trickle decades ago, and Chinese and Korean immigration has also diminished considerably as those countries became more developed. Experience in dramatic growth of East Asians in different regions Asians would more likely be attributed to domestic migrations and natural birth rather than international immigration.

South Asian and South-East Asian immigration exploded in the 1990's and 2000's, and are the driving force in Asian growth within America. But like the East Asian countries, as India, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, and the other ASEAN nations develop and resolve political conflicts (along with growing costs within America), immigration growth from these countries will likely dwindle as well.

It will be interesting to see how this will all play out in 50 years. With the Baby-Boomers now retiring and passing away (and the Gen-Xers soon following them), the United States can not afford dramatic drops in immigration if it wants any chance to sustain its status as the world's largest economy and most powerful nation.

Unless, of course, we build robots

Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
I, too, would like to see the link as well. Where are you getting these numbers? Is this for international immigration only? Or is domestic migration included?

It will be kind of interesting to compare the Hispanic and Asian growth between 2000 to 2008 (a relative boom period) to the period after. It's been highly noted that the immigration of both Hispanics and Asians has slowed considerably within the past few years for different reasons.

The economic downturn may have been bad for everyone, but it was the worst for those with low-skilled jobs (which a large proportion of Latin Americans held). Many Latin Americans have left the country because they were even more job opportunities elsewhere. The Latin-American population in the U.S. is still growing, but at a much slower rate. Predictions on when the U.S. will have a national minority-majority population have even been pushed back a decade.

This brings about another interesting thought. Much of the developed world is experiencing population decline due to the loss of time within family life and also because it's just too stinking expensive to raise children (with the costs still rising). Places like Japan and Western Europe will soon have more retirees than the actual leftover population can support.

The U.S. was partly shielded from this due to large scale immigration, but the costs are still rising and immigrants with large families will feel this effect the most. This is the reason why I cringe at these 50-year population/economic predictions on this forum, while using current growth rates.

Asian population growth in America has changed in that East Asians are no longer coming in waves. Japanese immigration slowed to a trickle decades ago, and Chinese and Korean immigration has also diminished considerably as those countries became more developed. Experience in dramatic growth of East Asians in different regions Asians would more likely be attributed to domestic migrations and natural birth rather than international immigration.

South Asian and South-East Asian immigration exploded in the 1990's and 2000's, and are the driving force in Asian growth within America. But like the East Asian countries, as India, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, and the other ASEAN nations develop and resolve political conflicts (along with growing costs within America), immigration growth from these countries will likely dwindle as well.

It will be interesting to see how this will all play out in 50 years. With the Baby-Boomers now retiring and passing away (and the Gen-Xers soon following them), the United States can not afford dramatic drops in immigration if it wants any chance to sustain its status as the world's largest economy and most powerful nation.

Unless, of course, we build robots
According to the Census Bureau, Hispanics growth = 3.1% between July 2008 and July 2009.Precisely : + 1,471,000
Hispanic growth didn't slow, maybe the immigration but the hispanic growth comes from births anyway.And apparently Hispanic growth to Texas resumed as before 2009.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
What that ?
Girls who hate their fathers or love them too much that it affects their relationships.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:02 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,382,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post

Hah, I hear that brother! I've only dated one Korean girl, and she was such a freakin' headcase.

If she wanted to really p1ss her dad off, she could've dated a Black guy. That always seems to p1ss off Asian parents. They ENCOURAGE their daughters to date White guys, while us Asian guys are just "losers who can make the family happy."

One of my sisters is dating an Indian guy, and the other one is dating a Mexican. My brother is dating an Armenian, and I'm single!

I've never dated a Filipina. Not even remotely close to being interested right now either.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:03 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I found this on Wikipedia:
I knew I liked Wisconsin for a reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City